HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Draft Day Trades

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Draft Day Trades

Florida trades Bjugstad to Van for Luongo and Markstrom plus to Tampa for the third overall. With the second and third overall selections the Panthers take MacKinnon and Drouin uniting them in Florida in 2013/14 with Luongo returning as their goalie. Ducks

Old
05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Djp

You think you could get Tampa Bays #3 for Markstrom

Old
05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Well, good thing your plan for the future doesn't involve Huberdeau, given that he'd probably have to be the "plus" to get Tampa's 1st with Markstrom.

Woof.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Prongo
Beer

Tampa would then have Markstrom, Lindback, and Bishop. Dont think that is happening. I think if Florida was willing to trade Bjugstad for Luongo, he would be in Florida by now.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:35 PM
veedubn1

Luongo couldn't get Bozak plus two 2nd round picks at the TDL and you think he can get an awesome prospect during the summer?

EL OH EL

Old
05-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
You think you could get Tampa Bays #3 for Markstrom
Markstrom, Kulikov and Fla's second rounder, which is the first in the second round for the third overall.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:40 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Dude...no.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Beezeral

Abort thread

Old
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Florida trades Bjugstad to Van for Luongo and Markstrom plus to Tampa for the third overall. With the second and third overall selections the Panthers take MacKinnon and Drouin uniting them in Florida in 2013/14 with Luongo returning as their goalie. Ducks

What? You can't be serious? You want to trade a 6'6 center who projected to be a 1/2 center ( which weve never had)for Luongo AND THEN you want to trade Markstrom, the franchise goalie who's beaten out all of Lunquists accomplishments until the NHL, to Tampa, a cross state rival. PLUS more for the 3rd overall pick???

Old
05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Markstrom, Kulikov and Fla's second rounder, which is the first in the second round for the third overall.
Still doesn't explain why the Panthers trade for a 34 year old goalie while at the same time drafting two teenagers in the top 3.

Just admit you didn't think this proposal through.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
What? You can't be serious? You want to trade a 6'6 center who projected to be a 1/2 center ( which weve never had)for Luongo AND THEN you want to trade Markstrom, the franchise goalie who's beaten out all of Lunquists accomplishments until the NHL, to Tampa, a cross state rival. PLUS more for the 3rd overall pick???
Key point here, I think.

No way Markstrom gets you anywhere near the 3rd overall, especially with the way he's been playing this year.

EDIT: Although Kulikov would definitely make Tampa think about it, I would wager.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Perro

Quote:
It is closer but there is no need for Markstom in Tampa. The way Bishop finished the season why would they do this.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Jacko95

And somebody is always able to make a worser offer than the previous worst offer of all time.

why the hell should Tampa trade for a young goalie when they have Bishop, Lindbäck, Janus AND Vasilevski, let alone give up the 3rd overall for an unproven goaltender.

And why should Florida trade Markström away just to give up another high-end talent to get a bad contract of an aging goalie?

Old
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Still doesn't explain why the Panthers trade for a 34 year old goalie while at the same time drafting two teenagers in the top 3.

Just admit you didn't think this proposal through.
Madness I agree. I let my desire to add Luongo, a funny guy, and unite MacKinnon and Drouin in Fla get the best of me.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
I'd rather have MacKinnon, Bjugstad and Markstrom, than MacKinnon, Drouin and Luongo. And I'm nowhere near as sold on Drouin as most people are. And I flat out don't want Luongo. So you know I don't want to give up Bjugstad for him.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Madness I agree. I let my desire to add Luongo, a funny guy, and unite MacKinnon and Drouin in Fla get the best of me.
It's admirable of you to admit that.

Old
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Dude, no. You want to give up Markstrom, Kulikov and a high second rounder just for Drouin?

Old
05-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Key point here, I think.

No way Markstrom gets you anywhere near the 3rd overall, especially with the way he's been playing this year.

EDIT: Although Kulikov would definitely make Tampa think about it, I would wager.

What? This was Markstrom' 1st year with the team and it wasn't a full year. Not to mention he was playing behind a team that had tons of holes due to injuries with revolving players who were always rotated. If you put Markstrom behind a team like Chicago,Boston, or Pitt, I think this season goes differently.
No way you trade a 1st rounder in Bjugstad, early 2nd in Markstrom and then some for Druin and Luongo. While I like Luongo, he's 34 with a giant contract and Druin is unproven up until this point. You could say the same regarding Marky,Bjugstad and Mac, but Marky does look like hell be a top goalie in the league and he's huge. Bjugstad looked good in his first stint, although a bit premature considering he went from college to NHL. I think we're giving up wayyyyyyy to much for that pick. Just stay the coarse.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Beezeral

yea Id much rather have the current team + Mackinnon, then start blowing things up just to have a top line of Huberdeau-Mackinnon-Drouin.

This is while completely disregarding the luongo stuff

Old
05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
What? This was Markstrom' 1st year with the team and it wasn't a full year. Not to mention he was playing behind a team that had tons of holes due to injuries with revolving players who were always rotated. If you put Markstrom behind a team like Chicago,Boston, or Pitt, I think this season goes differently.
No way you trade a 1st rounder in Bjugstad, early 2nd in Markstrom and then some for Druin and Luongo. While I like Luongo, he's 34 with a giant contract and Druin is unproven up until this point. You could say the same regarding Marky,Bjugstad and Mac, but Marky does look like hell be a top goalie in the league and he's huge. Bjugstad looked good in his first stint, although a bit premature considering he went from college to NHL. I think we're giving up wayyyyyyy to much for that pick. Just stay the coarse.
I never said Florida should trade for Luongo, or the other trade. I'm only saying that Drouin >>> Markstrom in terms of value. Markstrom has a boatload of potential, but he's a much bigger risk to reaching it than Drouin, imo.

Old
05-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I never said Florida should trade for Luongo, or the other trade. I'm only saying that Drouin >>> Markstrom in terms of value. Markstrom has a boatload of potential, but he's a much bigger risk to reaching it than Drouin, imo.
you dont trade a top 5 pick for an unproven goalie...dont care how good his potential is.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
you dont trade a top 5 pick for an unproven goalie...dont care how good his potential is.
You don't trade a proven( although very limited) goalie for an unproven draft pick,regardless of rank. Whether Drouin becomes the next Kane or not, and he very well may be, IF we trade Marky, were left with Clemmer and Theo, a goalie who's aging and another who's subpar. We would have no one in the system and have to worry about goaltending. Markstrom has shown signs of being a talent in the league and id like to wait him out. Heck, look at Luongo. He was traded to us for not much because NYI had Dipietro and didn't think much of Luongo and look at what happened. We need a solid goaltender who will grow with the team.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
I'd rather have MacKinnon, Bjugstad and Markstrom, than MacKinnon, Drouin and Luongo. And I'm nowhere near as sold on Drouin as most people are. And I flat out don't want Luongo. So you know I don't want to give up Bjugstad for him.
I am an Oiler fan living in Halifax NS and i watch the mooseheads lots . Drouin is not going to be a star in the NHL . He maybe come a very good player ,but no where near Yakupov,s upside

Old
05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
kihei

vCash: 4667
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Luongo couldn't get Bozak plus two 2nd round picks at the TDL and you think he can get an awesome prospect during the summer?

EL OH EL
Just to keep the record straight. That would be Scrivens and two 2nd round picks, not Bozak.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:26 AM
oStealthKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Just to keep the record straight. That would be Scrivens and two 2nd round picks, not Bozak.
Even worse! Haha yeah the canucks will be lucky to geta b prospect and a second now

Closed Thread