HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PHI 1st (11th Overall) for Young PMD

Old
05-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
PHI 1st (11th Overall) for Young PMD

Simple question: What teams might be willing to swap a young, near-NHL ready defensive prospect with offensive upside for the 11th overall pick in a draft day trade. (Think Rundblad for pick-that-became-Tarasenko at the 2010 draft)

The pick obviously doesn't hold the value it looked like it might a month ago, but there's often at least one top player who slides down. As a draft day proposal, feel free to qualify any offer based on who's availalble--i.e., if Nichushkin slips, if Shinkaruk is there, etc.

My working assumption is that either the top defenseman are off the board and BPA is a forward, or the Flyers are looking for a more immediate impact than the best-available player would bring.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:44 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Maybe Gardiner?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Toronto has no reason to trade Gardiner. Maybe Voynov.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
Toronto has no reason to trade Gardiner. Maybe Voynov.
I think the leafs would jump at Gardiner for the 11th overall. That gets you a top flight prospect, and Gardiner is soon to become redundant with the arrival of Rielly. (Not saying Gardiner isn't a good D-man, it just seems that Toronto have a good D core, and a better, younger version of Gardiner ready to make the jump) He has been a healthy many times this season no?

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Sarava

It's not likely, but it's possible the Hawks could have something available this summer. Really depends on how Nick Leddy's contract negotiations go. If they go bad, Leddy himself might be available. If they go well and he gets locked up, then Clendening might be available for the right price. I don't know that there would be a fit with the 11th pick though. I suspect Clendening is worth less than the 11th pick, but Leddy would be worth more than that pick.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:19 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Orlov?

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:31 PM
morrielly

vCash: 380
if there was a deal that could be made between the 11th overall + leafs first rounder (15-25) for around 5th overall then i would trade gardiner probably even willing to add a third/fourth rounder

have no problem holding on to gardiner though, hes a stud (i reeeeeally like monohan/barkov/lindholm though haha)

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:32 PM
sabrescupbound

Mike Weber

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Soft Rock Renegade

Brendan smith from the wings. do we have to add?

Soft Rock Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Soundgarden

Ryan Ellis?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
MrG

Patrick Wiercioch fits this bill pretty well. Sens would have to add, or have it as part of a swap from whatever their pick ends up at to 11th (Wier + Ottawa's pick for the 11th).

Wiercioch is big, has great offensive instincts, and has put up points in his rookie season. He's made numerous tape-to-tape breakaway stretch passes.

Not saying I'd do this deal if I'm the Sens, but it's an interesting thought. GMBM is known for making a splash at the draft, so something like this isn't out of the question.

What do flyer fans think of Wiercioch?

MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:51 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Colorado could sacrifice one or Tyson Barrie or Stefan Elliott since the Avs will have a glut of RHD if they draft Jones

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Why not draft Ristolainen or Pulock?

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:58 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I think they'd rather have someone who's NHL ready. Ristolainen/Pulock won't be NHL ready for a couple of years at least. Philadelphia tries to be the never ending contending city.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Because they're a few years away from making an impact at the NHL level...

From a Leaf's POV, I'd do Gardiner for 11th straight up. It's not that I've lost faith in Gardiner, but I think Carlyle has

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Tripod

I think most people would want to see who is available at that spot during the actual draft just in case someone goes off the board before them. But if I am Philly, I hope that one of the D-men are available and pick him AND talk to Chicago about Clendening. I would try and add these 2 pieces at the draft then be looking to swing a deal for a 1st line D. One that would hurt the depth to do, but is certainly necessary. That way:

New D Schenn
Kimmo Grossmann
Mez Clendening
Gus(playing for Mez when he is hurt all season)

then have the newly drafted player on the way.

Note:Coburn gone in trade for upgrade.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Wiercioch is a good option.

2nd in rookie D scoring. +9, went just before Schultz in the draft. Good kid.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:02 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Would be interested in Wiercioch, he looked good this year for the sens, in the games I saw.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I don't think Ristolainen will be there, unfortunately.

Pulock should be, but he might be a (slight) reach at #11 and, as others have mentioned, he might take a few years to make a real impact.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 05-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:04 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Because they're a few years away from making an impact at the NHL level...

From a Leaf's POV, I'd do Gardiner for 11th straight up. It's not that I've lost faith in Gardiner, but I think Carlyle has
Not true. Gards just needs to physically mature a bit. He's not small but he doesn't have much "man muscle" as he struggles when it comes time to move an opposing forward that decides to plant himself in front of the Leafs net.

The only way I'd do Gards for the 11th is if we could flip it with our pick for the 5th pick. Obtaining a high end center prospect is really the only reason I'd move Gards at this point.

Gards value around these boards has taken a hit because there are too many impatient Leaf fans ready to throw him into any proposal. Once he physically matures a bit, with his high hockey IQ, amazing skating and great release, he'll be highly sought after and Uncle Randy will happily find room for him in our lineup.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:07 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

None of these are really appealing to me except probably Gardnier.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
morrielly

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Not true. Gards just needs to physically mature a bit. He's not small but he doesn't have much "man muscle" as he struggles when it comes time to move an opposing forward that decides to plant himself in front of the Leafs net.

The only way I'd do Gards for the 11th is if we could flip it with our pick for the 5th pick. Obtaining a high end center prospect is really the only reason I'd move Gards at this point.

Gards value around these boards has taken a hit because there are too many impatient Leaf fans ready to throw him into any proposal. Once he physically matures a bit, with his high hockey IQ, amazing skating and great release, he'll be highly sought after and Uncle Randy will happily find room for him in our lineup.
my thoughts exactly

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post

Sorry, which part of what I said isn't true?

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:14 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Sorry, which part of what I said isn't true?
That Uncle Randy has lost faith in young Gards.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Whiskeypete

i doubt that Lombardi moves Voynov at this point. for now he is the anchor on the 2nd D pairing for LA. he is very big supporter of Voynov and his work ethic. essentially he is the stereotypical Lombardi 'kind of player'.

Lombardi looks to load/set each D pair (even strength) with a PMD and a stay at home guy. the stay at home guys are the ones that DL is more willing to move around and swap. i think he has his #1 (Doughty) and #2 (Voynov) set for years now. voynov will get an extension this summer.

that leaves either AMart or Muzzin as the most likely candidates in this scenario.

AMart struggled this season i believe mainly to the injuries he had during the lockout, but i expect a complete bounce back next season. he took a puck to the face in Europe, then returned to play here after healing only to get re-injured a week or two before the lockout ended. the guy just never was able to get in stride. plays a solid two way game, with more of a PMD mentality. the latter part of last season and the PO's he was really beginning to show a more physical game. i compare him to D Sydor but with more physical upside. Amart was the the #3 PMD paired with M Greene last season, but also saw time up due to injury of others (Doughty).

Muzzin has been somewhat up and down this season. he is a rookie, so it is to be expected. has been at the forefront of rookie scoring for Dmen since his call up. big kid, likes to play physical (although as a rookie picks some wrong times to go for the hit), has a booming shot from the point, makes quick reads now that are only going to get better, crisp passer and is well above average skating ability. his biggest liability now is inexperience at the NHL level. he will make some highlight reel plays and then 2 shifts later make a rookie mistake.

both AMart and Muzzin are NHL ready and seasoned. Amart is 25 and has 142 Reg. GP, 26 PO GP and 1 SC ring. Muzzin is 24 and has 56 Reg GP and just 1 PO GP.

beyond those two then it comes down to prospects that are in AHL or just out of the NCAA.

PHI seeking a good young PMD, in addition to the large ? in net leads back to all the other scenarios and discussion.

Bernier + AMart or Muzzin

for

PHI 1st at 11 + ?

Bernier btw was a 1st (#11) back in 2006

Last edited by Whiskeypete: 05-01-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote