HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Cammalleri

Old
05-01-2013, 02:20 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

vCash: 500
Mike Cammalleri

If a team were to take on 100% of Cammalleri's contract, what would Calgary be looking for?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Bond

Late 1st and a meh prospect or a 2nd and a decent prospect

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Ricky Bobby

If their owner was in touch with reality they'd be looking for picks/prospects/very young players.

But he isn't so who the heck knows.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:26 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Late 1st and a meh prospect or a 2nd and a decent prospect
Edmonton's 2013 3rd + Phillip Larsen (23 years old PMD, two nhl season under his belt)

Old
05-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Edmonton's 2013 3rd + Phillip Larsen (23 years old PMD, two nhl season under his belt)
Nope.

We will keep Cammy until the trade deadline. We could easily land a 1st 2014 for his services. No point helping Edmonton out, especially when we could get better value.

He was on pace for 24G - 36A - 60pts in an 82 game schedule.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Nope.

We will keep Cammy until the trade deadline. We could easily land a 1st 2014 for his services. No point helping Edmonton out, especially when we could get better value.

He was on pace for 24G - 36A - 60pts in an 82 game schedule.
That's to Dallas, not Edmonton. We have their pick from the Fistric trade.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Rolen
TBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
If their owner was in touch with reality they'd be looking for picks/prospects/very young players.

But he isn't so who the heck knows.
I'm not sure you know this but the best player to ever play for the flames was traded for 2 prospects and a pick and the best D-man on the flames was traded for 2 young players and a pick.

Here to help.

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 907
Quote:
That's to Dallas, not Edmonton. We have their pick from the Fistric trade.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I'm half asleep.. I was wondering why you said Larsen? Now it makes sense. No need to be sorry, your avatar and prospect suggestion should have been enough for me to clue in.

Again, I think the Flame can get max value at the deadline.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
I'm not sure you know this but the best player to ever play for the flames was traded for 2 prospects and a pick and the best D-man on the flames was traded for 2 young players and a pick.

Here to help.
Feaster has been given his orders to make the playoffs next year. This has been reported by numerous sources.

But the truth is that this isn't just one bad season for the Flames. The truth is they've been a medicore team for quite a few years and after losing JayBo, Iginla and most likely Kipper don't have a realistic chance at the playoffs next year in the strong West.

This is also the same team that offer sheeted ROR which would have included giving up what turned out to be the 6th overall pick this year.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
dubplatepressure

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him to Toronto if it was player-for-player ish.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Feaster has been given his orders to make the playoffs next year. This has been reported by numerous sources.

But the truth is that this isn't just one bad season for the Flames. The truth is they've been a medicore team for quite a few years and after losing JayBo, Iginla and most likely Kipper don't have a realistic chance at the playoffs next year in the strong West.

This is also the same team that offer sheeted ROR which would have included giving up what turned out to be the 6th overall pick this year.
I doubt those were his orders.

I'm sure he WAS ordered to say that so season's ticket holders don't all bail.

madmike77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Draft

I'd welcome him back in Montreal, no questions asked. He kinda got run out of town but I think the team would benefit from having him back, we do need a replacement for when Ryder leaves. Montreal's style of play fits Cammy much better this time around and I think it'd be a very successful deal. We're all full at center and Calgary is in serious need of center depth.

David Desharnais + DAL 3rd + Greg Pateryn

I realize Calgary's looking for size, hopefully they can get it in free Agency. Desharnais's still young and can contribute on a top offensive line without much problem.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him to Toronto if it was player-for-player ish.
I'd be opposed to it.

Our top six wingers are more than solid and we need more size in our top 6.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:20 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
I'd be opposed to it.

Our top six wingers are more than solid and we need more size in our top 6.
With respect, what the hell are you talking about?

We are already one if not the most physical teams in league (#1 in hits and major penalties) and we're clearly doing just fine as-is with Bozak as our freakin number 1C. We have more than enough size right now all-around while waiting for guys like Ashton, Biggs and Colborne to develop - what we can really use us a true #1C.

Cammalleri would fit the bill here, big time. Let's not even mention the fact that he's a Toronto boy born and raised and that he's still got at least a few good years in front of him, but instead mention that he has the kind of skill to play alongside guys like Kessel. He'd be a great gap-filler until we can develop our #1C via draft picks/prospects.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Rolen
TBF

Quote:

Stop taking things out of context.

Yes, he said his orders were to make the playoffs. Then after he told that to reporters he made himself more clear through an interview on the fan, saying every years goal is to make the playoffs as it is always the mandate and we don't simply lose on purpose. Always playing competitive to shorten it up for you.

But I guess you seem to be the flames expert here.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
With respect, what the hell are you talking about?

We are already one if not the most physical teams in league (#1 in hits and major penalties) and we're clearly doing just fine as-is with Bozak as our freakin number 1C. We have more than enough size right now all-around while waiting for guys like Ashton, Biggs and Colborne to develop - what we can really use us a true #1C.

Cammalleri would fit the bill here, big time. Let's not even mention the fact that he's a Toronto boy born and raised and that he's still got at least a few good years in front of him, but instead mention that he has the kind of skill to play alongside guys like Kessel. He'd be a great gap-filler until we can develop our #1C via draft picks/prospects.
I'd rather just overpay Roy, Weiss, Ribiero as UFAs instead of giving up assets for Cammi

Old
05-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
Stop taking things out of context.

Yes, he said his orders were to make the playoffs. Then after he told that to reporters he made himself more clear through an interview on the fan, saying every years goal is to make the playoffs as it is always the mandate and we don't simply lose on purpose. Always playing competitive to shorten it up for you.

But I guess you seem to be the flames expert here.
You have to admit though that the ROR signing attempt was extremely odd, hiring a GM with more of a legal background instead of a hockey background in Feaster to be essentially be a Yes man was also odd, then that the organization failed to even acknowledge that they were anything but a contender until this season is very odd.

I wouldn't bet against the owners forcing Feaster to make some moves for the now vs. the future this summer.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Bond

Quote:
Haha much less opposed when I realized it was Dallas. Maybe a 2nd.

How is Daley? Bottom or 3/4?

Old
05-01-2013, 03:53 PM
madmike77

Quote:
You have to admit though that the ROR signing attempt was extremely odd, hiring a GM with more of a legal background instead of a hockey background in Feaster to be essentially be a Yes man was also odd, then that the organization failed to even acknowledge that they were anything but a contender until this season is very odd.

I wouldn't bet against the owners forcing Feaster to make some moves for the now vs. the future this summer.
The ROR attempted signing was odd and was a mistake, but with Iginla, Bouwmeester and Kiprusoff gone there is no pressure to "win now" like there was before.

As soon as Iginla was dealt all that pressure went away. The Flames can take their time now instead of trying to win a Cup for Iginla.

madmike77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Bond

Quote:

Well Feaster has said that our top pick is pretty much untouchable.

ROR might have been the mistake that woke them up when combined with the LA road trip shortly after.

I think Jay needs to go, but worst I are Flames doing is over paying UFAs.

Calgary fans are starting to buy into youth.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:58 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
I'd rather just overpay Roy, Weiss, Ribiero as UFAs instead of giving up assets for Cammi
Whether there is a price both sides can agree to is entirely another subject, but the notion itself of his acquisition I'd be open to, just as I'd be open to UFA signings of Weiss and Ribiero (Roy excluded deliberately).

Old
05-01-2013, 04:11 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Haha much less opposed when I realized it was Dallas. Maybe a 2nd.

How is Daley? Bottom or 3/4?
We have Vancouver's 2nd rounder this year

Old
05-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Bond

Quote:
We have Vancouver's 2nd rounder this year
Don't know why I thought Daley. Is Larsen a 3/4 or bottom pairing projection

Old
05-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Rolen
TBF

Quote:

Obviously that was a mistake but I don't see how that has anything to do with this thread.

And I don't see how the owners would allow Feaster to trade our main marketing piece along with our best defenseman for future assets just to trade those future assets 6 months later for old washed up players. They have come out and said that is not what is going to happen so there is absolutely no argument to be had there.

They said they are going to target non post-apex players, or to be more specific RFA players. There are players that can be had below ordinary trade value due to the cap going down that should put some teams in cap trouble.

Cammalleri would absolutely be available, and maybe not for only picks/prospects but players 22-26 years old that can play right now. However he will probably be dealt sometime during the season or at the trade deadline. He might also be packaged to move up during draft day. All kinds of scenarios.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:48 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Don't know why I thought Daley. Is Larsen a 3/4 or bottom pairing projection
He's shown flashes of both. He's young and still progressing, but in his prime, I think he could be a #4 d-man. He's playing on an awful Dallas d usually with Aaron Rome... So he doesn't have much help. This year, he had some turnover problems, but he's a young DMan playing with a bad/slow veteran so it's to kinda be expected.

I'd like to keep Larsen, but he's expendable because of Dillon/Oleksiak/Morrow/Connauton etc

He is also a righty so there's that..