HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: XLX (Playoff Edition)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
  #201
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
That's exactly what guys like Haley (if he plays)/Asham/Newbury need to bring in the playoffs. Get the puck deep in the offensive zone and then throw your weight around like it's the last shift you'll ever pay. I loved the Blues fourth line last night. Set the tone early and often.



Yessir!
Dorsett will bring that. Callahan will play like that as well. IMO, this is where they will miss Clowe and Boyle the most. As much as people crap on Boyle, having a guy who is 6'7 240lbs hit you over a 7 game series is difficult for most defensemen. Same goes for Clowe.

Haley should play IMO, although it will be Newbury.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
  #202
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Dorsett will bring that. Callahan will play like that as well. IMO, this is where they will miss Clowe and Boyle the most. As much as people crap on Boyle, having a guy who is 6'7 240lbs hit you over a 7 game series is difficult for most defensemen. Same goes for Clowe.

Haley should play IMO, although it will be Newbury.


Boyle may hit but i notice Callahan's hits alot more than Boyle. i would think Callahan is a much harder of a hitter than Boyle.. Boyle falls down alot of the time and gets out of position with his hits because he is such a slow skater.... Rangers should keep Boyle out of the lineup....

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  #203
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 6,653
vCash: 613
Who do you guys are rooting for ? Boston or Toronto ?
I think I'll go for the Leafs.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 04:11 PM
  #204
Holocene
Registered User
 
Holocene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,912
vCash: 500
Either one really. I just want to see a hard physical series out of these two. Wear each other down

Holocene is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 04:13 PM
  #205
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Boyle may hit but i notice Callahan's hits alot more than Boyle. i would think Callahan is a much harder of a hitter than Boyle.. Boyle falls down alot of the time and gets out of position with his hits because he is such a slow skater.... Rangers should keep Boyle out of the lineup....
Boyle is also one of this teams best PKers. Keep him out of line-up? In favor of who? Newbury? He will be a factor over a long series because it is difficult to have a guy that size constantly leaning on you down low. It tires people out. That is another reason the Clowe injury is more significant than people realize. Big bodies are key.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 04:13 PM
  #206
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Who do you guys are rooting for ? Boston or Toronto ?
I think I'll go for the Leafs.
I think I'll go for blood in the water. Just grind eachother to a pulp please.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
  #207
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening
 
aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,181
vCash: 69
I'd rather see Toronto progress, just would be more interesting. The Bruins have had their share of playoff success.

aufheben is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 04:20 PM
  #208
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 6,653
vCash: 613
I just can't root for Lucic.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 05:34 PM
  #209
Antithesis
Member Ryan Hollweg?
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,618
vCash: 500
Leafs, Isles, and Sens, please.

Antithesis is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 05:37 PM
  #210
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Boyle is also one of this teams best PKers. Keep him out of line-up? In favor of who? Newbury? He will be a factor over a long series because it is difficult to have a guy that size constantly leaning on you down low. It tires people out. That is another reason the Clowe injury is more significant than people realize. Big bodies are key.
Oscar Lindberg.. i dont understand why he cant come into the roster now once he is done with the SEL... Jakob Silfverberg did last year and also played in the SEL like Lindberg did.. Lindberg would be a better option than Newbury Haley (although played well during his callup)

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 05:55 PM
  #211
Faxius
Registered User
 
Faxius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Oscar Lindberg.. i dont understand why he cant come into the roster now once he is done with the SEL... Jakob Silfverberg did last year and also played in the SEL like Lindberg did.. Lindberg would be a better option than Newbury Haley (although played well during his callup)
Lindberg is playing for Sweden at the World Championships. He will be centering Loui Eriksson

Faxius is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:19 PM
  #212
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Leafs, Isles, and Sens, please.
Yes please.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:34 PM
  #213
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,392
vCash: 500
Feel sick rooting for the Islanders, but would love nothing more than for Pittsburgh to collapse again.

The Gloaming is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:36 PM
  #214
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR
 
Kahuna Nanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 62,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Feel sick rooting for the Islanders, but would love nothing more than for Pittsburgh to collapse again.
I hate Pittsburgh a LOT more than I hate the Isles. I simply dislike the Isles, if anything. It's hard to hate a team that hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years, and one that hasn't really given me a reason to hate them since I've started watching.

That said, yeah, seeing Pittsburgh crash and burn would be...simply amazing.

__________________
Kahuna Nanu is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
  #215
Ail
Kidmograph tho.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,054
vCash: 500
Hope the Isles crap on them. Would also love to see Lucic get pummeled.

Ail is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:39 PM
  #216
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,510
vCash: 500
Would make my ****** day fantastic if the Isles/Leafs win.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:42 PM
  #217
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Hope the Isles crap on them. Would also love to see Lucic get pummeled.
Best avatar, maybe I've ever seen.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:50 PM
  #218
Ail
Kidmograph tho.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Best avatar, maybe I've ever seen.
Thanks.

These games are actually getting me excited for some Rangers playoffs. I stand by my convictions though of not wanting to win a short-bus Cup. A deep run would be nice however.

Ail is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:52 PM
  #219
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,892
vCash: 500
Who should I watch tonight?

Riverdale is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  #220
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR
 
Kahuna Nanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 62,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Who should I watch tonight?
Toronto/Boston and then San Jose/Vancouver.

Ottawa/Montreal should be pretty good, but I think the Leafs/Bs game could equal the intensity from the STL/LA game last night.

Kahuna Nanu is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:55 PM
  #221
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Toronto/Boston and then San Jose/Vancouver.

Ottawa/Montreal should be pretty good, but I think the Leafs/Bs game could equal the intensity from the STL/LA game last night.
They play tomorrow during the Rangers game.

Should be exciting, I hope for no blowouts.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:56 PM
  #222
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR
 
Kahuna Nanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 62,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
They play tomorrow during the Rangers game.

Should be exciting, I hope for no blowouts.
They do, my mistake.

Hmm, this is actually a good one. Still going with TOR/BOS.

Kahuna Nanu is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:57 PM
  #223
JohnC
Registered User
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 500
I reallllyyy want the Isles to beat the Pens

JohnC is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
  #224
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Toronto/Boston and then San Jose/Vancouver.

Ottawa/Montreal should be pretty good, but I think the Leafs/Bs game could equal the intensity from the STL/LA game last night.
Sounds good

Riverdale is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
  #225
JohnC
Registered User
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 500
Joe watchu doin in Boston??

JohnC is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.