HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PHI 1st (11th Overall) for Young PMD

Old
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I agree that Ristolainen is near NHL ready, but I'm not sure what you mean by the "especially for a team like Philly."

If everyone is healthy (and not traded), the projected line-up would be something like:

Timonen-L. Schenn
Meszaros-Coburn
Grosmann-Gustafsson
Gervais

Gustafsson would have to clear waivers to go to the AHL. Given his performance down the stretch, and the fact that he's slated to play big minutes over at the World Championships, I think it is unlikely he goes unclaimed.

Obviously, all of this changes if someone gets traded, but the Flyers personnel issues are a bit exaggerated around here. The problem is less the line-up on paper then it is the mismatch between some of the players' skillsets and Laviolette's system.
Meant you guys' system more than your depth, my bad.

I don't think you guys would or should be interested, but both Larsen and Daley are probably available from the Stars. Not sure either is really what you're lookig for, though.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Meszaros better not be here next season. He makes too much and his injuries have outweighed his production/reliability. I'm hoping Nurse falls to us at 11 or we trade up and grab him.

Timonen-Schenn
Nurse-Coburn
Grossmann-Gustafsson
Nurse needs more time. If you bring him up now, without allowing him to develop a better offensive game, it defeats the purpose. He's just turn into a slightly meaner Coburn. THat's not a bad piece at all, but the with Schenn, Coburn, and Grossmann already on board, it is a bit redundant. If they take Nurse, I'll be disappointed if he isn't back in juniors next year. (But I don't think Nurse will fall).

Trading up is fine in theory, but there aren't many teams in the 6-8 range eager to move back. The Flyers aren't going to deal with Jersey (and vice-versa), and moving up one pick is a bit pointless.

I think Meszaros will be here, barring some bigger move for a high-salary defenseman. It is a waste of a buyout to use one on him, but you'd probably have to pay someone to take him given his recent injuries.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:53 PM
AmeriHab

Rafael Diaz and MTLs 2nd for 11th and Laughton?

AmeriHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Where's your sarcasm smilie?

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:02 PM
AmeriHab

Wasn't putting one. If you think Philly needs to add, by all means

AmeriHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Vor
RIP Lounge

Quote:
You cant be serious diaz and a 2nd doesnt get either the 11th or Laughton

Vor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Wasn't putting one. If you think Philly needs to add, by all means
...what do you know about Laughton?

EDIT: On second read, I think you're just trolling.

Anyway, I don't think Diaz, who will turn 28 next season, really qualifies as a "young" PMD.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 05-01-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old
05-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Cootsfanclub

Quote:
Flyers counter offer with Meszaros and a 2nd for Pacioretty and Beaulieu.

Cootsfanclub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 3515
Ian Cole + 2nd?

Or

Ian Cole and Kris Russell

You can get a solid stay at home type with untapped offensive potential and a smallish dman with speed and solid playmaking ability?

The second proposal maybe a little to rich for the Blues to give up, we would be completely depleting our D-corps depth, but if a 1st line center prospect is still available, it would be worth it.

And No, we are not trading Petro or Shattenkirk. Unless they have outrageous contract demands and the Blues cant afford them(which based on reasonable contracts) the Blues can afford to pay ALL of their current RFA's. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Army make a big move if the Blues get bounced in the 1st round this year.

Meatwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

Surprised to see a few Leafers say Gardiner. I think I'd do it.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Just horrible.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Simple question: What teams might be willing to swap a young, near-NHL ready defensive prospect with offensive upside for the 11th overall pick in a draft day trade. (Think Rundblad for pick-that-became-Tarasenko at the 2010 draft)

The pick obviously doesn't hold the value it looked like it might a month ago, but there's often at least one top player who slides down. As a draft day proposal, feel free to qualify any offer based on who's availalble--i.e., if Nichushkin slips, if Shinkaruk is there, etc.

My working assumption is that either the top defenseman are off the board and BPA is a forward, or the Flyers are looking for a more immediate impact than the best-available player would bring.
I think Matt Carkner is your man

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Probably not worth it for the Flyers. If they draft a defenseman, it's a good bet that he'll be in the lineup this season anyways.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Probably not worth it for the Flyers. If they draft a defenseman, it's a good bet that he'll be in the lineup this season anyways.
I'm not sure if that's a serious analysis or a shot at the team's tendency to rush its 1st round picks (which is sort of fair), but as I posed above, barring a trade, it is hard to see an opening. Timonen, Schenn, Coburn, Meszaros, and Grossmann are all under contract and projected to be in the line-up. That leaves one spot. Gustafsson is no longer waiver exempt, so it is his to lose, and I think they'd be reluctant to risk him being claimed.

It seems like someone would either have to still be hurt (Grossmann is still suffering from concussion symptoms, so that is possible) or traded to open up a slot for whomever the Flyers pick.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:45 PM
The Flin Flon Bomber

Quote:
I'm not sure if that's a serious analysis or a shot at the team's tendency to rush its 1st round picks (which is sort of fair), but as I posed above, barring a trade, it is hard to see an opening. Timonen, Schenn, Coburn, Meszaros, and Grossmann are all under contract and projected to be in the line-up. That leaves one spot. Gustafsson is no longer waiver exempt, so it is his to lose, and I think they'd be reluctant to risk him being claimed.

It seems like someone would either have to still be hurt (Grossmann is still suffering from concussion symptoms, so that is possible) or traded to open up a slot for whomever the Flyers pick.
Well if what we saw on the injury front from that position this year is any portent of the future, I'd wager a goodly sum of money on the possibility that at least 2 players from that list end up being diagnosed with the Ebola virus by the end of training camp. Which will then be described as flu-like symptoms for half the season.

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:55 AM
DavidBL

Sbisa?

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:11 AM
DLJB

How about just Gormley for Matt Read and 2nd?

DLJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:13 AM
DesertDawg

Trade up to snag Buffalo's 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJB View Post
How about just Gormley for Matt Read and 2nd?
Not likely!

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Rock Renegade View Post
Brendan smith from the wings. do we have to add?
I would do this and add if need be but would rather package Smith for Courturier.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Prongo
Beer

If the Flyers are moving that #11 pick, I am pretty sure they want an established defensmean coming back. Not players with 1-2 years experience or other teams prospects. Think Kieth Yandle and other defenders like that.

And of course the 11th overall won't be the only piece going their way in that trade. Just trying to show what the Flyers would probably want. Established NHLers.

Last edited by Prongo: 05-02-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:50 AM
bud12

Beaulieu

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Sundinisagod
the tank is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
My previous post detailed why you shouldn't believe that Randy has lost faith... Jake just isn't physically mature enough to be an every day player for a coach who values defense over offense. That's not losing faith, that's Randy sending Gards a message that he needs to be physically stronger if he wants to play every day.

Gards is a great asset. 11th overall will net us another asset that is farther away from being NHL ready and I don't see any big C's (what our farm desperatly needs) projected around that spot that are locks to be top 6 players.

When Gards no longer has issues against larger forwards in the defensive zone, he'll get his chance and he'll stick.

And Reilly definitely doesn't make him redundant. There's no rule stating that you can only have a single PMD in the system. You can never have enough high end talent and Reilly will likely go through the same growing pains Gards is currently going through. I would have no problems with Dion, Jake and Morgan on the left side with shutdown/bruisers on the right 3-4 years from now when Morgan is ready to be an every day player.side

IMHO, Gards for the 11th pick is just a trade for the sake of making a trade.
How come Gardiner was physically strong or mature enough a year ago, but now he isn't? He's 23 now I think, the physical maturity should be there by now...I think it's a mental thing with him, the tools are there he just needs his confidence back. Personally, I have an issue with all the good quality lefties we have on D, and so little on the right...that's why I'd make the trade, to get a potential top pairing rh d like Ristolainen.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:44 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Sekera?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:14 AM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
How come Gardiner was physically strong or mature enough a year ago, but now he isn't? He's 23 now I think, the physical maturity should be there by now...I think it's a mental thing with him, the tools are there he just needs his confidence back. Personally, I have an issue with all the good quality lefties we have on D, and so little on the right...that's why I'd make the trade, to get a potential top pairing rh d like Ristolainen.
He wasn't physically strong enough a year ago. He was playing for Rotten Ronny who wasn't concerned with defense.

Just watch Jake play... he simply can not stop players from driving to the net. He can't tie them up, can't push them out from the front of the crease. It was happening under Ronny and it's still happening (when he gets minutes) under Uncle Randy.

TBH I think Liles is just as bad at these things and I'd rather see Jake in there developing.

As for trading for the 11th pick. Ristolainen is far from a sure thing and 3-4 years away from making an impact in the NHL. RHD's are nice but I only make a move for the 11th pick if I have something worked out that turns that pick and the Leafs' pick into the 5th pick so they can draft a potential #1 C (Monahan).

It'll be much easier for Nonis to trade for an established #2 D to pair with Dion than finding a #1C.

Trading Jake for a pick to draft another D-man is poor asset management. We just spent two years developing Jake... and then we would have to start all over again with Risto.

If Nonis is desperate for a RHD and Jake is the asset he wants to move, it would make a lot more sense to pull off a trade similar to the Schenn for JVR swap. Two guys with roughly the same experience. This team needs to keep moving forward and you can't do that by trading guys who are nearly established NHLers for draft picks.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:34 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
Sbisa?
well that would be ironic.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote