HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR tickets will be hard to come by

Old
09-16-2006, 11:30 AM
kickice

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kickice
OK, just editing that!! Cos I just tried again for the 100th time, and NOW the Boston game tickets are on sale

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
92hatchattack

theres a guy selling a pair in oir tickets for sale thread ...

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 11:41 AM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I have bought from scalpers at the Colisseum, at the meadowlands for giants and devils, yankee and shea stadium, and have never had a problem. I would NOT buy from the guys outside of MSG. I know too many people who have been burned.
no kidding? i've done it once or twice and had success. i know my brother who's a longtime ranger fan has relied on that for years.

i'm guessing you're talking about fake tix?

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
well I'm relieved now! I got the 3 games I wanted.

Got a ticket in section 335 for both Ottawa and Bruins games in mid January.

And got a ticket for the game @ the Devils that same week.

Now I can really start planning my trip, now the MOST important part - getting tickets - is sorted

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 11:58 AM
BigE

Quote:
Marry that girl. Marry her yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
no kidding? i've done it once or twice and had success. i know my brother who's a longtime ranger fan has relied on that for years.

i'm guessing you're talking about fake tix?
This is what friends warned me about when I was in NYC. They'd been burned by fake tickets. However, I have heard of ways that you can ensure things get done properly:

You and a buddy go to a game. One of you takes the tickets to the door and gets both of them scanned, while the other waits with the scalper (cash in hand). If the tickets go through you give up the cash, if not, you kick the guys *** for wasting your time.

The only thing with this idea is that you might have to explain to the scanner why you're scanning two tickets, and from what I hear they frown upon scalping heavily. You think he/she would help you out or turn you away?

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 03:37 PM
patnyrnyg

Yes, fake tix. The bigger the game, the worse. I remember for Gretzky's last game, I was sitting at the Bar in Friday's about to have lunch. Some guys said they bought tixx on the street for 500 each. Bartender said to us, "guaranteed they are fake." Sure enough, 15 minutes later, they were back at the bar because the tixx were fake.

BigE, that wouldn't work. Once they get scanned, you have to go in. If you try to go get your friend, it will be the same as leaving and trying to re-enter. Secondly, the scalpers will not go anywhere near the gate, so it is not as if they would walk with you and then take the money.

If you are going to scalp, your best bet is to hang out near Cosby's and you can find people who may have an extra to unload. You may have difficulty finding two together, but it is better than nothing.

If you have never been to MSG, here is how it is set-up, outside of the main entrance, there are two corridors. Cosby's is to the right (if you leave MSG), and then you get to the street. On the other side is the entrance to the Paramount (or whatever it is called), and I believe the suites entrance. Across the street you have a Sbarro's another pizza place, a few tourist shops and I think a hotel. The scalpers ALL stay across the street. The cops are all on the same side as the arena, I guess the scalpers won't get arrested across the street.

The scalpers are also kind of obvious. Usually they are asking, "anyone need hockey tickets, anyone selling hockey tixx?" Now, not trying to sound racist (although I know it does) these guys usually do not look like your proto-typical hockey fan. You fill in the blanks. If you hang out in the corridor you'll be able to find a few fans looking to unload 1 or 2 extras before they head in.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 04:59 PM
BigE

Yeah, I've been once - it was Messier's retirement game and I was inside the pavillion but obviously unable to get into the game (kind of doubt any fans were unloading last minute tix either...).

Hopefully we'll be alright this year. There seem to be a few people selling tickets for the time I'm going and I'm crossing my fingers that they don't decide to throw a ****ing retirement game this time around!

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 05:54 PM
patnyrnyg

Nah, it would have been announced by now. Although I am making the trip to Toronto in October and Ottawa in December, plus a few other road trips. Let's just say, I was VERY busy getting pre-sale codes for many teams this year.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:08 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Nah, it would have been announced by now.
How would the game be announced by now when the player hasn't yet announced his retirement?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:57 PM
hockeyyy

Got my B's - Rangers ticket today from the local ticketmaster here in
Beantown. I am thankfully that I did not donate more $$ for shipping
& handling charges.

hockeyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 09:09 PM
ban16*

Be very careful scalping outside MSG. The closer to the start of the game the worse (or even after start) off you are. No way of telling "real" tickets as barcode could have been cancelled out. If you do buy outside MSG, best bet (actually sure thing) is find someone who has extras and will enter arena with you. Second best is find someone who appears to be a Rangers fan selling tickets, if you can't tell the difference between a Rangers fan and a professional scalper, you really have no business being in the big city. Third choice, watch game on TV.

My brother and friend have both been burned, don't trust the "professional" scalpers!!

ban16* is offline   Reply With Quote