HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew Ference Elbow (UPD: 1 Game Suspension)

Old
05-01-2013, 10:09 PM
The Beyonder

vCash: 500
It was a blatant elbow. If Shanny doesn't suspend him he's pretty much telling the players that "head-shots are OK in the playoffs". This deserves at least a game. This is the exact kind of hit that they're trying to get rid of the game.

EDIT: I just wanted to say that I don't think Ference did it on purpose, he looked like he saw Grabo coming and just wanted to get something on him and got his elbow to the Grabo's head. But as always, accidental or not, players have to be kept accountable for their actions on the ice.

The Beyonder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:11 PM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81inblueandwhite View Post
hmmm im still trying to think of some dumb explanation..."after reviewing the video we have determined that grabovski's head leaped into the elbow of ference" anyone else got some creative excuses shanahan can use?
Shanahan is a Toronto hater in every sense, even when he played.

MoeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Shannahan will say it was incidental contact no suspension.

Should be 1-2 games.
Yeah, American Atlantic coast team? No suspension!

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
It was a blatant elbow. If Shanny doesn't suspend him he's pretty much telling the players that "head-shots are OK in the playoffs". This deserves at least a game. This is the exact kind of hit that they're trying to get rid of the game.

EDIT: I just wanted to say that I don't think Ference did it on purpose, he looked like he saw Grabo coming and just wanted to get something on him and got his elbow to the Grabo's head. But as always, accidental or not, players have to be kept accountable for their actions on the ice.
If that happens, Seguin, Bergeron and Ference's heads should be permanently pasted into the end boards by the time this series is over. But our goons are useless other than the staged fight. They can't even play a mean game. They just seek out other goons and ask to dance respectfully.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Crosbyfan

There will likely be no suspension and no good explanation given as to why.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:18 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If that happens, Seguin, Bergeron and Ference's heads should be permanently pasted into the end boards by the time this series is over. But our goons are useless other than the staged fight. They can't even play a mean game. They just seek out other goons and ask to dance respectfully.
And you'll be the first person *****ing when they are taking undisciplined penalties. Watch the game. Orr and McLaren were stirring the pot all night.

05-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
And you'll be the first person *****ing when they are taking undisciplined penalties. Watch the game. Orr and McLaren were stirring the pot all night.
No it doesn't bother me that much, I'd like to see them punch above their talent class and just try to make life hard on the better Bruins. But they don't really.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Ruski

2-3 games guaranteed. 100% suspension.

leafs come out firing next game and don't be surprised to see retaliation on someone once they see the replay of that Grabo hit....pure dirt, full intent, no reason to raise your elbow there unless you want to injure the guy.

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Callahan27

It'll be an absolute joke if theres no suspension on that play. I can't stand ference...he's so dirty but always manages to get away with it

Callahan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan27 View Post
It'll be an absolute joke if theres no suspension on that play. I can't stand ference...he's so dirty but always manages to get away with it
He always does it with a straight face, Mr. Elbows:

Looks like the key to a successful cheapshot is to look the other way while you're doing it...

Or:

Last edited by Stephen: 05-01-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old
05-01-2013, 10:59 PM
peety16

To me, that elbow looked exactly like Browns elbow on Pominville a week or so ago. Should be 1-2 games, anything less is a joke

peety16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:21 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Blatantly intentional. If there isn't a suspension, I side with Stephen on this, Orr and McLaren have some nasty business to attend to. Even Phaneuf and Fraser. Let 'em fly like it's 2002!

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Peace Frog

Shanny is going to wiggle out of suspending Ference because Grabs was not injured on the play. He remained in the game and showed no ill effects from the hit.

Ference absolutely should be suspended, but I won't be surprised if he isn't. Freakin' PO'd, but not surprised.

edit: Just saw a clip of the interview with Ference after the game in the dressing room. Reporter asked him about the elbow on Grabs and he pretended not to know what the reporter was talking about. What a tool.

Peace Frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Sundinftw

Ference is a dirty player but I guarantee shanny won't see that and he won't receive a suspension

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Frog View Post
Shanny is going to wiggle out of suspending Ference because Grabs was not injured on the play. He remained in the game and showed no ill effects from the hit.

Ference absolutely should be suspended, but I won't be surprised if he isn't. Freakin' PO'd, but not surprised.

edit: Just saw a clip of the interview with Ference after the game in the dressing room. Reporter asked him about the elbow on Grabs and he pretended not to know what the reporter was talking about. What a tool.
I think Shanahan needs an Andrew Ference cheap shot. Right when he's at the water cooler.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:37 PM
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Blatantly intentional. If there isn't a suspension, I side with Stephen on this, Orr and McLaren have some nasty business to attend to. Even Phaneuf and Fraser. Let 'em fly like it's 2002!
This is the thing: no one expects us to win the series on the score-board. But there is 0 reason why we shouldn't be going out and playing like the toughest sons of b****es to lace up skates. I'm not always one for goon-'em-up hockey, but this should be the most brutal series we've seen in a long time until it comes down to the last buzzer of the last game. Compete level needs to be through the roof this time of year, and we need to bring it to them hard every night. They should be stepping off the ice ruing the fact that they have to face us again. By the time this series is over, neither team should be in any condition to play another round.

IBeL13f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:37 PM
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming

Quote:

Are you an expert?

Old
05-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
This is the thing: no one expects us to win the series on the score-board. But there is 0 reason why we shouldn't be going out and playing like the toughest sons of b****es to lace up skates. I'm not always one for goon-'em-up hockey, but this should be the most brutal series we've seen in a long time until it comes down to the last buzzer of the last game. Compete level needs to be through the roof this time of year, and we need to bring it to them hard every night. They should be stepping off the ice ruing the fact that they have to face us again. By the time this series is over, neither team should be in any condition to play another round.
I agree, but let's be realistic, the Leafs tough players can't play and our players who can play aren't though. There stats might show one thing, but this team isn't that different from the softie team Wilson departed last year.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:48 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
I agree, but let's be realistic, the Leafs tough players can't play and our players who can play aren't though. There stats might show one thing, but this team isn't that different from the softie team Wilson departed last year.
Komarov isn't Marchand.
Fraser isn't Chara
McLaren isn't Lucic
Orr isn't Thornton.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Preisst
Party On!!

I don't think there is any doubt Ference should be suspended.

I don't think there is any doubt Ference will not get suspended.

I don't think there is any doubt if the roles were reversed that Grabo would get suspended.

I don't think there is any doubt Shanaban has an agenda against the Leafs.

Preisst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Komarov isn't Marchand.
Fraser isn't Chara
McLaren isn't Lucic
Orr isn't Thornton.
All true. As pest-like as Komarov is, he's not a force like Darcy Tucker who relished in causing pain and suffering as much as he is a little obnoxious. McLaren is an able tough guy, but I don't think he plays all that mean and intimidating in general, and Orr still looks like a relic good for staged shows who has no bearing on the main act.

Old
05-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Peace Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
I don't think there is any doubt Ference should be suspended.

I don't think there is any doubt Ference will not get suspended.

I don't think there is any doubt if the roles were reversed that Grabo would get suspended.

I don't think there is any doubt Shanaban has an agenda against the Leafs.
Ference should get a game and Thornton should too, for coming off the bench and jumping into the scrum at the end. Neither will happen of course.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:00 AM
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming

Quote:
Definitely true, for the most part. Kadri's capable of playing much larger than his size, and JVR's physicality impressed me on a few occasions tonight. Komarov is a guy I find tricky to gauge. He says he doesn't like having the puck, and he's seen as a pure super-pest, but he always seems to generate some kind of chance off of his fore-check, and has a nose for the dirty areas. Phaneuf can certainly bring the toughness and is consistently one of our best players.

I'm really looking forward to Biggs eventually finding his way onto the big club. He'll add a much-needed dimension to the team, and is a guy I see developing into more than just a 3rd-line grinder. A big, mean, stay-at-home top-4 D to pair with Gardiner would go a really long way too.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Peace Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
Are you an expert?
If you watched the clip that I saw, you wouldn't need to be an "expert" to know that Ference was being coy with the reporter.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming

Quote:
If you watched the clip that I saw, you wouldn't need to be an "expert" to know that Ference was being coy with the reporter.
Haha, sorry, I was referring to this: