HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Great Pascal Dupuis

Old
05-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Dimetapppp
Rookie User

vCash: 500
The Great Pascal Dupuis

Time to be optimistic and ride that optimistic wave, fellow Pens fans!!!

I would just like to point out that Pascal Dupuis has led the league in + - this year, finished in the top 3 in many other categories (I'll leave those to you) and is my nominee for both most improved player AND Selke.

Check the Corsi and Fenwick; let's see some good discussion, and no s%$% talking, please!

Dimetapppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

It! It! It!

He is The Piece and The Answer all rolled into a giant stone fist; attached to a jet skates wearing, unibrowed lab-concoction with four lungs and two hearts of gold.

He is The Dupe, and he owns.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Dimetapppp
Rookie User

I heard that he once charmed a Kodiak bear by murmuring into its ear for 6 hours, and then rode the beast into battle, eventually conquering all of Nova Scotia.

Dimetapppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Pancakes

Never heard of him. Is he the water boy?

Now Tanner Glass...that's a player.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:21 AM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quietly one of the best players in the NHL.

BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:21 AM
WarriorScholar

All jokes aside....it's a shame he's in a contract year. Lets get him another cup before he gets that 4 mil/yr

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:22 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
All jokes aside....it's a shame he's in a contract year. Lets get him another cup before he gets that 4 mil/yr
Oh, c'mon, we all know he's going to take a hometown discount and play in PIT for $750,000 per regardless of how much other teams throw at him. Just as all UFAs come here to play with Sid, none leave once they've tasted how sweet life here is.

mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:29 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
Oh, c'mon, we all know he's going to take a hometown discount and play in PIT for $750,000 per regardless of how much other teams throw at him. Just as all UFAs come here to play with Sid, none leave once they've tasted how sweet life here is.
may be optimistic, but I am hoping he takes the same amount he is paid now, however I would go up to 2.5 MAYBE 3.. but Im no GM.. ha

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
may be optimistic, but I am hoping he takes the same amount he is paid now, however I would go up to 2.5 MAYBE 3.. but Im no GM.. ha

Dupuis would be a looney toon to take what he's making now. The guy was 2nd in ES goals the entire season and lead the league in +/-. Didnt miss a beat without crosby...

Shwag33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

I want the Cup in Laval this summer

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimetapppp View Post
I heard that he once charmed a Kodiak bear by murmuring into its ear for 6 hours, and then rode the beast into battle, eventually conquering all of Nova Scotia.
Thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed this post.

And, I can confirm those rumors.

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Lim Ran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
Dupuis would be a looney toon to take what he's making now. The guy was 2nd in ES goals the entire season and lead the league in +/-. Didnt miss a beat without crosby...
Well, let's be honest. It's not that he "didn't miss a beat without Crosby..." - his production wouldn't have been the same, and he's undoubtedly benefitted from playing with and practicing with Crosby so much...

... But Dupuis is not "just a product of Crosby", and the Leafs will probably throw 5m/year at him or something.

Much like Tal-bo, I won't be pissed at him if he takes his chance at a big payday. I just hope Shero makes a reasonably competitive offer and makes him think.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:44 AM
vikingGoalie

This is Dupes last contract coming up. It's his nest egg for his life after hockey for his family.

In many ways he'd be negligent if he didn't take the big money. It's one thing to leave a lot of money on the table after you've made a ton, or when you know more big pay days are coming. But he's never made the big big bucks. (compared to other hockey players)

Someone will offer him a contract worth 20M/4-5years. Not sure if Shero can match that with the cap going down. While I hope he takes a big discount to stay, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:47 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

No way Dupers settles for anything under 3 million per season. I don't care how loyal a guy he is and how much he loves Pittsburgh, the fact remains that this is the first (and ONLY) chance he's gonna have at making some big money north of 2 million per season. He already took a pay cut to stay with us last time (he easily could've gotten over 2 million per season elsewhere), so I don't see what reason he'd have to feel compelled to do it again this time.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:56 AM
WVP

I think Dupuis will decide where he plays and for how much this summer (obviously w/in reason). Definitely a 4M dollar player these last two years.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:56 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

It's a tough situation for Shero I'd imagine. No doubt he'd absolutely LOVE to keep Dupers around for at least 3 more years. But considering the fact that we gotta offer long-term deals to guys like Malkin and Letang, plus the fact that we're gonna make a legit effort to re-sign Iggy, and the fact that the cap is going down next season...signing Dupuis to a reasonable deal might be a little out of reach considering the circumstances.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Shwag33

I sign dupuis before iginla. The man plays hard no matter what... he can't prove himself anymore than he already has.

Shwag33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:13 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
It's a tough situation for Shero I'd imagine. No doubt he'd absolutely LOVE to keep Dupers around for at least 3 more years. But considering the fact that we gotta offer long-term deals to guys like Malkin and Letang, plus the fact that we're gonna make a legit effort to re-sign Iggy, and the fact that the cap is going down next season...signing Dupuis to a reasonable deal might be a little out of reach considering the circumstances.
The thing that works in our favor is that deals will not be coming due next season for Geno and Letang. Rumor is that the cap will be back up in 2 seasons, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The thing we have working in our favor is that Dupuis loves it in Pittsburgh. I think he would leave some pretty serious money on the table to stay IF we give him term, which I think Ray will. Something like 4 years, 12-14 million. Dupuis gets his money, he gets his term, multiple shots at a Cup, and continuity for his family.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:43 AM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
I sign dupuis before iginla. The man plays hard no matter what... he can't prove himself anymore than he already has.
I am nearing that sentiment. Is it not amazing to even have this discussion?

Iginla's left circle one timer, for our team, is almost worth any price. But perhaps Dupuis can bring as much to the table with how he's upped his game.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Ozz

I'd rather see more money spent to keep Dupuis here, and have some certain other players worry about taking less instead.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
I think Dupuis will decide where he plays and for how much this summer (obviously w/in reason). Definitely a 4M dollar player these last two years.
Hopefully he re-watched the game when he got home and heard the TSN guys says if he's smart he takes a little less and stays where everything works for him

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
I'd take Dupuis for $4M over Hornqvist, that's for sure. Surprised he got the contract he did. I think Rascal will endup around $3.5M and be well worth it. If he asks for 4M though I think we can safetly say goodbye. Especially if we ink Iginla. There aren't enough Tyler Kennedy's to dump to make that happen.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:51 PM
WVP

It's hard to imagine Dupuis and Iginla both brought back without someone like Orpik being moved. Though Kunitz will be up after next season as well so at least 1 of the 2 should be re-signed for sure.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Candyman

When I compare this years team to the cup team of 2009, i can't help but look at Dupuis as the "Talbot" character. Only with 100x more skill. And I love it. He's the guy I look to have that moment in the playoffs that just motivates everyone to do great things

Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:25 PM
DoktorZaius

I think a lot of teams would regret spending 4-5 mill on Dupuis in a few years. Not because his game will deteriorate due to age, but because he's perfect for this system. Unless your team plays a similar system, you're not going to be getting your full moneys worth with him.

DoktorZaius is offline   Reply With Quote