HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) San Jose Sharks - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
What gives the blues commentators a pass and the sharks none though?

There was a thread i saw earlier about a person complaining about the Blues/LA game and how the commentators were biased towards the blues in a national telecast, the thread was followed by a hundreds of posts saying how it's okay because they are the blues broadcast team.

but when someone like the sharks does it, the amount of QQ is nearly unbearable, people just whine about it because it's a team they dislike.
What I would like to see (or rather hear) is the homer guys from each team, put together for the playoffs.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:04 AM
sobrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
What I would like to see (or rather hear) is the homer guys from each team, put together for the playoffs.
Ha that would be funny!

Old
05-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Kesler looked like he was playing hurt tonight and I'm sure that pop Torres gave him didn't help. If he isn't healthy that is an advantage for the Sharks.

The Canucks have to win the next game or they are in big trouble, especially since we have been great at home.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:28 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Just saw the replay, and Bieksa definitely pulled his stick up hard between Havlat's legs. I don't know if it was intentional, however.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Lawzy

Yeesh that wasn't very good. The Canucks continue to be bipolar. They simply don't deserve to win the series if they don't wake up.

Old
05-02-2013, 03:12 AM
nix at home

Just chiming in cause I didn't get to watch game. Marleau tried to fight Bieksa?

Old
05-02-2013, 03:20 AM
wraith985

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix at home View Post
Just chiming in cause I didn't get to watch game. Marleau tried to fight Bieksa?
No, they fought a few years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHnIn77NDPk

Old
05-02-2013, 03:58 AM
SaltekovErdosse
Aware

Next game is pretty much a must win for the Canucks

Old
05-02-2013, 03:58 AM
karnige
Real Life FTL

canucks just don't seem to have that hunger. where is it?

Old
05-02-2013, 04:30 AM
poppap527

Great game tonight. Looking forward to the rest of the series being the same anxiety filled show.

Power plays were 1/4-sjs and 0/2 Van. For the duration of the season, Sharks were the 21st most penalized team at 164 minor penalties. Vancouver was the 7th most penalized team at 194 minors.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Arz1

I really didn't expect this. Great game.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arz1 View Post
I really didn't expect this. Great game.
Should have asked us canucks fans, we would have told you there was a good chance the game would go like this. We have a Jekyll and hyde thing going on like no other.

I know some shark fans were complaining we preferred this series and took it as more cocky canucks fans....some including myself did not want the sharks, but the options were sharks, blues, kings, you cant blame us with those options, im sure sharks fans welcomed us to...

But many of us said we would consider the post season a success if we make it out the first round. Expectations are low.

Old
05-02-2013, 05:17 AM
SaltekovErdosse
Aware

can anyone confirm Kesler's injury being a stomach virus? the Team 1040 was going on about that before they got cut off and sent to commercial break

Old
05-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Arz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Should have asked us canucks fans, we would have told you there was a good chance the game would go like this. We have a Jekyll and hyde thing going on like no other.

I know some shark fans were complaining we preferred this series and took it as more cocky canucks fans....some including myself did not want the sharks, but the options were sharks, blues, kings, you cant blame us with those options, im sure sharks fans welcomed us to...

But many of us said we would consider the post season a success if we make it out the first round. Expectations are low.
We have matched up well against you guys this season but I really thought we would keep sucking on the road. And yeah, I definitely preferred the Nucks over the Blues or even Kings... I still think this series is going to 6 or 7 games.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Vajakki

I didn't really see anything out of ordinary from Kesler. He's lost a step ever since he blew his groin against the Sharks in 2011 playoffs and then playing the following Cup finals with one leg. Hasn't been nowhere near that gamebreaker of a player he was during that season or the Olympic season before that, probably some permanent damage/stiffness that obviously limits his stride a bit.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Congrads sharks!!

Hope you can keep it up and take series!!

Old
05-02-2013, 06:26 AM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
Your guess is good as ours. Really frustrating to watch that 3rd period.

I have the same feeling I did in the Kings series last year and we all know how that turned out. I feel like if the Canucks lose this series it's going to be in 4 or 5 games. If they win then it will be a 7 gamer.

Old
05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltekovErdosse View Post
can anyone confirm Kesler's injury being a stomach virus? the Team 1040 was going on about that before they got cut off and sent to commercial break
I certainly hope it's just a stomach virus. If it's anything worse, and we'll be in for a very hard series.(not that it wouldn't be hard otherwise)

Anyways, it was a good game by the Sharks, but next game is a must-win for us.

Old
05-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
It's a combination of inconsistent personal and terrible coaching. Last night was yet another rendition of the "new lines" experiment that has plagued us for two years now. Hansen, while arguably one of the best third liners in the league, limited offensive capability and hands of stone. He simply cannot play with Roy, who is a dynamic dangler that relies on stick handling as his M.O. Toss in Mason "I'm too scared to rush the net" Raymond and that line effective shuts down itself.

Vancouver is starting to emulate Washington in the worst possible way. We retreated to a conservative and defensive oriented system that does not utilize team's abilities properly. I have stand this before, we're predictable and passive, still using the same tired tactics (like that god forsaken drop pass) that teams have long figured out. Frankly, unless a lot changes in a few days, San Jose can win by simply rewatching our match up two years ago. We're the exact same team, just with neutered offense.

Old
05-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Hopefully the team feels ashamed for leaving Luongo out to dry and gives it 110% next game to make up for it,

Old
05-02-2013, 07:55 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
What gives the blues commentators a pass and the sharks none though?

There was a thread i saw earlier about a person complaining about the Blues/LA game and how the commentators were biased towards the blues in a national telecast, the thread was followed by a hundreds of posts saying how it's okay because they are the blues broadcast team.

but when someone like the sharks does it, the amount of QQ is nearly unbearable, people just whine about it because it's a team they dislike.
I didn't realize it was the Sharks homers until later. I thought they did a decent job.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:17 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltekovErdosse View Post
Probably from all that raw meat AV was feeding him. If I were a Canucks fan I'd want that coach fired. There's no reason to risk your star's health by feeding him raw meat.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:28 AM
CBJenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
The sample size is small, but Crosby specifically made a comment about disliking playing against Vlasic. Pickles isn't the guy you want out against power forwards (although he has become more physical now that he can grow facial hair), but he has historically been really good against high skill players. Really good.
IIRC, Crosby said that Vlasic has had his number since Juniors (or something like that)....

Old
05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Vancouver looked great in the second then seemed to go into a shell like they were afraid to make a mistake in the third. Just my observation. I didn't see the first period.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:48 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
The Sharks crew called them 40 yearold virgins, I lold
Sounds like sour grapes to me. The guys who do the green man thing are actually very charismatic and popular.

Closed Thread