HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew Ference Elbow (UPD: 1 Game Suspension)

Old
05-02-2013, 12:04 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Frog View Post
If you watched the clip that I saw, you wouldn't need to be an "expert" to know that Ference was being coy with the reporter.
Nah, he's referring to another player I forget who.. Hit a player like a dirt bag and asked the reporter if he was an expert?

05-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Peace Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Nah, he's referring to another player I forget who.. Hit a player like a dirt bag and asked the reporter if he was an expert?
LOL.... I completely forgot about that. Sorry to the poster that I first replied to.

Peace Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:42 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

He should get 2 games. Shanny is a joke, though, so I don't expect anything to come out of it. McLaren and Orr should know what to do next time a game is out of reach.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:00 AM
AvroArrow

that should be minimum 2 games. Elbow/headshot. Went straight for grabo's head. I'm hoping for 3 games, but 2 is more likely.

AvroArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:13 AM
Alerion
Go back to Harvey

Should be two games because of his disciplinary history. If this isn't a suspension it's a joke.

Alerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:44 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81inblueandwhite View Post
your bias is similar against boston because you are a habs fan..really i would like to see some kind of logical explaination from someone on the outside as to why this is "unlikely" to be a suspension..
Let's be honest here. We Habs fan have a negative bias against both your team. definitely suspension worthy, but you will understand why we feel the league always favour the Bruins in these matters.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:50 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Shanny is going to wiggle out of suspending Ference because Grabs was not injured on the play. He remained in the game and showed no ill effects from the hit.

Ference absolutely should be suspended, but I won't be surprised if he isn't. Freakin' PO'd, but not surprised.

edit: Just saw a clip of the interview with Ference after the game in the dressing room. Reporter asked him about the elbow on Grabs and he pretended not to know what the reporter was talking about. What a tool.
It's like his non intentional bird explanation in Montreal. The guy's as dumb as a stump.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:53 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Let's be honest here. We Habs fan have a negative bias against both your team. definitely suspension worthy, but you will understand why we feel the league always favour the Bruins in these matters.
That hit was disgusting. Cheap shot. Should be suspended. There is NO reason not to suspend Ferrence for this. If the league does not suspend him they are saying intentional elbows to the head are OK. This was so obvious. Hits like that have no place in the game. The Boychuck hit probably hurt Grabo more though. That was clean and how hockey should be played.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:28 AM
nfld77

Habs fan here, saw the game, saw the play.

The hit was a blatant hit to the head that should be suspended, but I also doubt that Ference is suspended. He plays for the 'Ruins and it seems that they get away with a lot. Quote from HABBADASHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81inblueandwhite View Post
your bias is similar against boston because you are a habs fan..really i would like to see some kind of logical explaination from someone on the outside as to why this is "unlikely" to be a suspension..

I was reading down through the opinions of the Ference hit and low and behold a Habbie opinion. You jerked the Leafs around all year saying their playoff drought wont end and now you come to their rescue..Typical.

I seen the hit, Been a Bruin Fan for 50 years and YES, he should be suspended a couple games..Getting back to the Hab reply, Bruins were last in all the league in powerplay time. They get the least powerplays. So to say the NHL does Bruins a favour is crap...What about all the powerplays Habs get every game they're down a goal in the 3rd period..one powerplay after the other.. So don't come on here showing support for a team last week you crapped on..

And Leaf Fans, I'll say again. Last night was just one game. You have a strong dedicated bunch of guys who I think will bounce back up, brush themselves off and ready to go again. One game don't make a series. Although Imn a \bruin fan, I've always showed my respect and support to Canada's team. They were always my 2nd favorite team but its a lot tougher now having them in same division.

All the best Leaf Nation. I fear when the series shifts back to Toronto, it'll be a 1-1 series!!

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:39 AM
SprDaVE

If he isn't suspended, I hope the Leafs take this with stride and provide their own high hits.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't get a game. Blatant elbow to the head.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:40 AM
tom nuetten

Quote:
Ference should get a game and Thornton should too, for coming off the bench and jumping into the scrum at the end. Neither will happen of course.
ference should get a game, but I doubt it.. if it is a regular season game he gets a game or 2 but in the playoffs I donīt think so...

thornton came off the bench but did nothing! It was a line change and he didnīt get a roughing, instigator, or fighting penalty => nothing happened and he canīt and shouldnīt be suspended

tom nuetten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:46 AM
EDDIE20*

I'll bet you Ference doesn't even get a phone call. Shanahan isn't exactly known for his constistency.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:51 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
If he isn't suspended, I hope the Leafs take this with stride and provide their own high hits.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't get a game. Blatant elbow to the head.
Can you imagine the suspension if one of our players ever hit Seguin like that?

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

This one is interesting, he clearly targetted the elbow.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:18 AM
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming

Quote:
LOL.... I completely forgot about that. Sorry to the poster that I first replied to.
No worries, s'all good.

IBeL13f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:35 AM
blue82
BELEAF (win or lose)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
This one is interesting, he clearly targetted the elbow.
yes i am intrigued by this situation as well and i am really curious as to how a suspension will not be called..shanahan cant just sweep this one under the rug since its playoffs and 2 huge markets know what happened..good luck shanny lets see you do your thing

blue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Bad Hat Harry

Bruins fan here.

Definitely think there should be a suspension on Ference. Blatant elbow to the head. No question.

We've had bad experiences with hits to the head (Savard, Bergeron, Horton, Marchand) and the league needs to cut this **** out of the game.

Doesn't matter what team does it, it's inexcusable.

Bad Hat Harry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Epoch

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 7m

Word out of Boston. #Bruins Ference will have an #NHL discipline hearing mid-afternoon 2day for his elbow on #Leafs Grabovski.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:18 AM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Habs fan here, saw the game, saw the play.

The hit was a blatant hit to the head that should be suspended, but I also doubt that Ference is suspended. He plays for the 'Ruins and it seems that they get away with a lot. Quote from HABBADASHER

I was reading down through the opinions of the Ference hit and low and behold a Habbie opinion. You jerked the Leafs around all year saying their playoff drought wont end and now you come to their rescue..Typical.

I seen the hit, Been a Bruin Fan for 50 years and YES, he should be suspended a couple games..Getting back to the Hab reply, Bruins were last in all the league in powerplay time. They get the least powerplays. So to say the NHL does Bruins a favour is crap...What about all the powerplays Habs get every game they're down a goal in the 3rd period..one powerplay after the other.. So don't come on here showing support for a team last week you crapped on..

And Leaf Fans, I'll say again. Last night was just one game. You have a strong dedicated bunch of guys who I think will bounce back up, brush themselves off and ready to go again. One game don't make a series. Although Imn a \bruin fan, I've always showed my respect and support to Canada's team. They were always my 2nd favorite team but its a lot tougher now having them in same division.

All the best Leaf Nation. I fear when the series shifts back to Toronto, it'll be a 1-1 series!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hat Harry View Post
Bruins fan here.

Definitely think there should be a suspension on Ference. Blatant elbow to the head. No question.

We've had bad experiences with hits to the head (Savard, Bergeron, Horton, Marchand) and the league needs to cut this **** out of the game.

Doesn't matter what team does it, it's inexcusable.

Now that's 2 of us Bruin fans who agree with you guys...Unlike the Habs fan who threw you guys under the bus last week and claiming Bruins get away with everything yet they get the least powerplays in the league. So hab fans answer this: How does a team with the least powerplays in the league get your so-called favorism from nhl's front office. Worry about your own series and let us take care of our's..

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Top Corner2

Ference is a dirty player...this should be 1 game.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Regular season rules don't apply in the playoffs /nhllogic. No suspension.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:42 AM
canadiancreed
Exiled from paradise

Should get suspended, but as we have Campbell v2.0 running league officiating, all bets are off.

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Leaftors

hes a dirty player.

he's a ****ing idiot in his interviews, and he intentionally injures players.

league wide ban forever.

Leaftors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:52 AM
rustysvetz

See no reason the suspension shouldn't match Lupul's earlier in the year

rustysvetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Leafsfan83