HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Valeri Nichushkin or Max Domi

View Poll Results: Who do you prefer?
Max Domi 8 9.41%
Valeri Nichushkin 72 84.71%
other forward 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-02-2013, 12:33 AM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Valeri Nichushkin or Max Domi

Who would you prefer we draft?
(given we are taking a forward)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:41 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Who would you prefer we draft?
(given we are taking a forward)
That's like comparing a Benz to a Daewoo?

Nuchishkin and its not even close.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:45 AM
tuckrr

Even given the 'russia concerns'?

Thought that might make it close...I 100% agree with you though

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:48 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Even given the 'russia concerns'?

Thought that might make it close...I 100% agree with you though
Yes, Nichushkin has an out-clause in his contract for next summer. Domi's likely three years away from the NHL. Nichushkin will be playing in the NHL before him.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:55 AM
BillDineen

I voted Nishkushkin, but for me it is very close. I think Domi is more of a sure thing IMO (despite his size) as being a long term NHLer than Nichushkin, but the latter's upside likely justifies the selection.

He is also already listed on the Flyers website (All are there):

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/draftpros...Name&year=2013

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:48 AM
FlyersFan61290

why is this even a poll? Nichushkin already said he wants to be a Flyer so you know he'd come over and it would only be max two years. i don't know of many other forwards that would be ready in two years, Domi certainly wouldn't. Not to mention the fact that Nichushkin will most certainly be the better player.

if he's available at 11th you have to take him imo

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:04 AM
BernieParent

"Other forward" is hard to avoid selecting (though I voted for St. Nich) because the OP doesn't theorize which forwards would be off the board by the time the Flyers choose.

Nichushkin over Monahan? Lindholm?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
"Other forward" is hard to avoid selecting (though I voted for St. Nich) because the OP doesn't theorize which forwards would be off the board by the time the Flyers choose.

I assumed that he meant guys like Shinkaruk, Zykov, etc. who figure to be there at 11.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:13 AM
StoneHands

Next Poll: Nurse or Morrissey?

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Next Poll: Nurse or Morrissey?
Nurse to me has the higher ceiling, so he's the choice, but I do love Morrissey.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

Honestly, it's entirely conceivable that Monahan or Lindholm could be there at 11. It's way more likely than Nichushkin being there.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I'd bet one of those 2 guys is there at 11. Lindholm didn't have a great season after the World Juniors (where he was stellar) and Monahan, much like Couturier, could easily have questions about how his offensive abilities carry over to the NHL level.

All that said, I'd still take Nichushkin over Monahan, Lindhold or Domi and any defenseman not named Jones or Nurse (who I view as close).

Old
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Krishna

Well, nichushkin of course

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Honestly, it's entirely conceivable that Monahan or Lindholm could be there at 11. It's way more likely than Nichushkin being there.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I'd bet one of those 2 guys is there at 11. Lindholm didn't have a great season after the World Juniors (where he was stellar) and Monahan, much like Couturier, could easily have questions about how his offensive abilities carry over to the NHL level.
Couldn't disagree more.

There are teams that simply won't consider taking Nichushkin because of his KHL commitment. For that reason, I think he's more likely to slide than Lindholm or Monahan.

I think we need to be a bit more specific about the draft-year concerns around Couturier. It wasn't about his offensive potential as much as his skating--and Monahan doesn't have those same concerns. (He's produced less offensively in juniors, but he's a very good skater).

Honestly, I can't see any of the three of them getting to 11. It would require four of Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Shinkaruk, Domi, or whatever other off-the-board pick you might project going between 5 and 10. At least three of those teams (CGY, NJD, and DAL) desperately need impact offensive players. BUF and EDM are a bit harder to predict.

This could all change if some red flag comes up at the combine, of course, but at the moment, I think its likely that the consensus BPA will be a defenseman. Of course the Flyers could have anyone on their list.

Is it really still two months to the draft? How do fan bases that never make the playoffs deal with this?

Old
05-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Couldn't disagree more.

There are teams that simply won't consider taking Nichushkin because of his KHL commitment. For that reason, I think he's more likely to slide than Lindholm or Monahan.

I think we need to be a bit more specific about the draft-year concerns around Couturier. It wasn't about his offensive potential as much as his skating--and Monahan doesn't have those same concerns. (He's produced less offensively in juniors, but he's a very good skater).

Honestly, I can't see any of the three of them getting to 11. It would require four of Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Shinkaruk, Domi, or whatever other off-the-board pick you might project going between 5 and 10. At least three of those teams (CGY, NJD, and DAL) desperately need impact offensive players. BUF and EDM are a bit harder to predict.

This could all change if some red flag comes up at the combine, of course, but at the moment, I think its likely that the consensus BPA will be a defenseman. Of course the Flyers could have anyone on their list.

Is it really still two months to the draft? How do fan bases that never make the playoffs deal with this?

That's what I'm sayin. I can't stand when the Flyers aren't in the playoffs.

Let's go ask the oilers fans how they cope.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:26 PM
BWAVgal
The Mockingjay lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post

He is also already listed on the Flyers website (All are there):

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/draftpros...Name&year=2013
That's just the rankings of some of the eligible prospects, he's not listed as one of ours.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Haute Couturier

I like Domi but I would swing for the fences with Nichushkin.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Gibbs18

I think Nichushkin goes to Carolina at pick 5.

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:

Every single year, there are players that move up or down in the weeks to months before a raft. I think you are making the bold assertion that player evaluations are going to stay roughly the same between now and the end of June. These players will be analyzed and over-analyzed like crazy and any weakness over magnified like there is no tomorrow.

I stand by my statement that like Filip Forsberg or Teuvo, one or more of these "consensus top 10 players" will slide and I believe that Lindholm or Monahan could very well be sliders.

I am bookmarking these pages for future review post-draft.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Is this the most lopsided poll in HF Flyers history?

Old
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Every single year, there are players that move up or down in the weeks to months before a raft. I think you are making the bold assertion that player evaluations are going to stay roughly the same between now and the end of June. These players will be analyzed and over-analyzed like crazy and any weakness over magnified like there is no tomorrow.
I didn't make that assertion at all, really. In fact, I made pretty clear that it could all change.
Quote:
This could all change if some red flag comes up at the combine, of course, ...
But because we can't know what will happen between now and then, it only seems reasonable to work off of the existing information and scouting reports. Of course some guys are going to slide, but unless you have some inside insight, I'm not seeing why you are so sure that it will be Monahan and Lindholm, rather than someone like Nichushkin (which there's clear precedent for in Tarasenko and Kuznetsov).

Anyway, guys tend to slide either became something shows up at the combine, because of existing doubts about some element of their game, or because there is a positional run that pushes them further down the draft order. Obviously we don't know what will be discovered, but Monahan and Lindholm are both viewed as fairly complete players (much more so than TT or Grigorenko last year). Forsberg was the victim of a run on defensive prospects. I just don't see Monahan and Lindholm getting pushed down by 3 or more of Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Pulock, Morrissey, Hagg, Theodore, Morin, or whatever other defensemen you think might end up picked in the top 10.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 05-02-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Stizz09

Quote:

I stand by my statement that like Filip Forsberg or Teuvo, one or more of these "consensus top 10 players" will slide and I believe that Lindholm or Monahan could very well be sliders.

I am bookmarking these pages for future review post-draft.
First off I agree its way to early to start projecting the think its unfair to compare last years draft with this one when trying to project slide potential... The reason Forsberg slid wasn't bc of anything he did, I think it was more of the fact there was a run on dmen... last years draft had some really good defensive prospects with Murray Reinhardt Reilly Dumba Trouba all going before Filip. This years draft is almost the polar opposite. Its the Forwards who will go leaving Risto Morrissey and Zadorov likely staring at the Flyers. Carolina is the key I think... They were atrocious on Defense this year, so if they go D it could cause a domino effect.

to answer the Original Post- I'd Rather have Nichushkin over Domi
Domi is more likely to be there at 11
I think the Flyers take Ristolainen as the 3rd Dman off the board after Jones at 1 and Nurse to either CAR, EDM, NJ. Thing WILL change tho from now until the Draft that is 2 months away.

Stizz09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:31 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Tough call. I am very weary of drafting a Russian under contract to play in the KHL. I think it is pretty clear that Nichushkin is better than Domi, but the Russian factor worries me. If we are going just on skill then its easy...Nichushkin. In the real world, I would think long and hard about it.

EDIT: Also if we are talking about taking Domi at #11, I would just trade back and try and get him. Otherwise I would probably look at Mantha or Adam Arne.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Tough call. I am very weary of drafting a Russian under contract to play in the KHL. I think it is pretty clear that Nichushkin is better than Domi, but the Russian factor worries me. If we are going just on skill then its easy...Nichushkin. In the real world, I would think long and hard about it.

EDIT: Also if we are talking about taking Domi at #11, I would just trade back and try and get him. Otherwise I would probably look at Mantha or Adam Arne.
If we're going to reach for a forward at the 11 spot. I rather it be Zykov over all three of those guys personally.

Old
05-02-2013, 03:23 PM
flyers28giroux

I would take Nichushkin if he is still somehow there at 11, if he is not there then I would take the best defensemen on the board.

flyers28giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Either.

I will trust and support whomever we select. Our scouting staff is impeccable in round 1.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote