HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2013, 07:16 PM
  #851
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
I'm content with keeping my authentic rbk 6100 blank after taking drury off of it. I'm so sick of players coming and going that I'm just going to keep the damn thing blank

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 09:37 PM
  #852
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,763
vCash: 50
Anyone want a Richards winter classic rep in Medium? Brand new never worn.

Oak is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
  #853
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
Anyone want a Richards winter classic rep in Medium? Brand new never worn.
How much?

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
  #854
Problematique
Registered User
 
Problematique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
To the guy that stripped Avery and got a Brassard through exclusivepro, can you post up some pictures? Review of waiting time/shipping charges etc.

Very tempted to do this. Did you go through fanfooty on eBay? I've heard he sells a mix of newer Reebok wordmark logo jerseys and the older vector style.

Vacationing in Hawaii soon, could I get it shipped to them from an eBay seller and then have them ship to me?

Problematique is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:09 AM
  #855
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
I'm content with keeping my authentic rbk 6100 blank after taking drury off of it. I'm so sick of players coming and going that I'm just going to keep the damn thing blank
The trick is to get retired players that you love on the back of your sweater. Give some love to Bathgate, and Howell, and Cook, and Boucher.....

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:15 AM
  #856
Problematique
Registered User
 
Problematique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
The trick is to get retired players that you love on the back of your sweater. Give some love to Bathgate, and Howell, and Cook, and Boucher.....
Or a Henrik. (I hope)

Problematique is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:24 AM
  #857
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Gresch!

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
  #858
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,763
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
How much?
How bout $120?

Oak is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:03 AM
  #859
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Anyone in interested in a size 46 Prucha authentic? Fight strap, stitched everything, Reebok jersey. Pre-edge it's Made in Canada and has the split Reebok/Center Ice patch on the inside collar. Not looking for big money or anything. Maybe $75 or something? (edit - selling because it's too small for me)

haohmaru is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 11:16 AM
  #860
tjs252
Registered User
 
tjs252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
So I'm still content with my home blue Girardi that I got from SportsK. I also have an old Jagr that I got from $19 after he signed in the KHL (can't pass that deal up) and a heritage Gaborik that I'll still wear on occasion. I'll be waiting for next year or the year after to get my Jesper Fast(h) jersey. Kid is my favorite prospect and has been since we drafted him.

My question is for my wife. I got her a Prucha when we started dating because he was her favorite player. She still hasn't gotten over the loss of him and now wears a blank home blue jersey. She is beginning to think that she is ready for another player but wants to pick someone that she feels will be here a while. Is McDonagh the choice? It may be weird if McD-G remain defensive partners and we're wearing the jerseys (don't want to be that couple... lol).

Others in the running would be Henrik or Staal. Any opinions?
Get her who she likes, but safest bets for long-term would be (in order) Lundqvist, Callahan, Nash, Staal.

tjs252 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 05:02 PM
  #861
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
mti - i don't think anyone would think you guys are "that couple" if you have defensive partners jerseys! i got my ex a callahan winter classic jersey after we were together for a couple years and i HATED wearing my callahan when we went to games together, so i totally understand that. if anything, i think a mcdonagh-girardi couple would get laughs out of some diehards, but nobody would think of it is a "that couple" move

district9 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 07:03 AM
  #862
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
I have a jersey etiquette question fellas. I wanted to get Leetch stitched on to a jersey in the near future, and I don't want to spend too much. Is it bad form to get a newer replica and have him stitched on, should I just see if I can find an old CCM?

Also I'm not a huge fan of the regular home and away jerseys, so I was thinking of doing it on a third, 'cause I like those a lot. Is this worse yet? Lastly what's the cheapest option? I will be using this mostly to wear leisurely whilst inline skating or watching games at home. I don't want to spend a lot.

__________________
Ail is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 08:31 AM
  #863
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Anyone in interested in a size 46 Prucha authentic? Fight strap, stitched everything, Reebok jersey. Pre-edge it's Made in Canada and has the split Reebok/Center Ice patch on the inside collar. Not looking for big money or anything. Maybe $75 or something? (edit - selling because it's too small for me)
What's a size. 46? Large or medium?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 08:50 AM
  #864
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I have a jersey etiquette question fellas. I wanted to get Leetch stitched on to a jersey in the near future, and I don't want to spend too much. Is it bad form to get a newer replica and have him stitched on, should I just see if I can find an old CCM?

Also I'm not a huge fan of the regular home and away jerseys, so I was thinking of doing it on a third, 'cause I like those a lot. Is this worse yet? Lastly what's the cheapest option? I will be using this mostly to wear leisurely whilst inline skating or watching games at home. I don't want to spend a lot.
I think its funny when people have 'new' style Edge jerseys and put retro names on them. If you want to do it right, get a real CCM off eBay, and have it stitched. The authentics cost anywhere from $80-150 for a vintage jersey, and another $70 or so for customization.

nevesis is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:02 AM
  #865
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I think its funny when people have 'new' style Edge jerseys and put retro names on them. If you want to do it right, get a real CCM off eBay, and have it stitched. The authentics cost anywhere from $80-150 for a vintage jersey, and another $70 or so for customization.
Yeah I kinda figured. Thanks.

Also, it's probably been covered ad-nauseam but if going the ebay route what's the best way to spot authentic CCM vintage?

Ail is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:18 AM
  #866
Unknownbutfamous
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Ok so the Ranger Blue Home jersey.really bothered me. Does any else get annoyed with it cus it is off centered? The R seems to start on the mid-right chest and not on the right shoulder and seems to go too downwards instead of more east to west where it has been in the past bc of the Rbk style. Our white jersey is a lot better centered but could be slightly better. The heritage is perfectly centered bc it seems like a different jersey format and a smaller font. We can't we use the heritage jersey template for our home blues?

Unknownbutfamous is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:34 AM
  #867
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I think its funny when people have 'new' style Edge jerseys and put retro names on them. If you want to do it right, get a real CCM off eBay, and have it stitched. The authentics cost anywhere from $80-150 for a vintage jersey, and another $70 or so for customization.
Yeah, I was walking down the street this morning and saw a kid wearing a heritage jersey with Messier on the back. Just seemed weird to me.

broadwayblue is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:40 AM
  #868
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownbutfamous View Post
Ok so the Ranger Blue Home jersey.really bothered me. Does any else get annoyed with it cus it is off centered? The R seems to start on the mid-right chest and not on the right shoulder and seems to go too downwards instead of more east to west where it has been in the past bc of the Rbk style. Our white jersey is a lot better centered but could be slightly better. The heritage is perfectly centered bc it seems like a different jersey format and a smaller font. We can't we use the heritage jersey template for our home blues?
I agree with you 100%. I don't know why they can't use the same jersey production template for the blue jersey as for the white, so that the crest could be centered better. Since they went to the Edge template the crest on the blue jerseys has been terribly off center and it does bug me. Guess it doesn't bother enough other people though.

lhg39 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:44 AM
  #869
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah I kinda figured. Thanks.

Also, it's probably been covered ad-nauseam but if going the ebay route what's the best way to spot authentic CCM vintage?
I follow them on eBay all the team, they're my favorite jerseys, especially the home one (white)

If you ever need help IDing one, let me know...post it in here. I am an expert when it comes to the 90's era CCM mesh jerseys, ill let you know if its legit.

Check this one out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230973377164...84.m1423.l2649

nevesis is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
  #870
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I follow them on eBay all the team, they're my favorite jerseys, especially the home one (white)

If you ever need help IDing one, let me know...post it in here. I am an expert when it comes to the 90's era CCM mesh jerseys, ill let you know if its legit.

Check this one out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230973377164...84.m1423.l2649
Thanks dude! I'll keep an eye out for stuff in my price range. That particular one is too big and I prefer the away blue. I also cannot spend $150 on just a blank. I'd prefer to spend no more than just $150 on the jersey and stitching. I'd even considered used or pre-stitched Leetch if it was in good condition.

Maybe I should consider a good ChinaCM since it's going to get beat up anyway.

Ail is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 10:40 AM
  #871
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Thanks dude! I'll keep an eye out for stuff in my price range. That particular one is too big and I prefer the away blue. I also cannot spend $150 on just a blank. I'd prefer to spend no more than just $150 on the jersey and stitching. I'd even considered used or pre-stitched Leetch if it was in good condition.

Maybe I should consider a good ChinaCM since it's going to get beat up anyway.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181128521237...84.m1423.l2648

nevesis is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 11:17 AM
  #872
Occidentalist
Beernerd
 
Occidentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Woo! What a find!

Occidentalist is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 11:23 AM
  #873
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalist View Post
Haha...

nevesis is online now  
Old
05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
  #874
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Need to sell/trade the HoH Messier jersey I have O: any takers? It's 2xl and NWT

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 02:43 PM
  #875
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Too big, but she's a beaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalist View Post
We have a winner! Leech is the greatest evar!

Ail is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.