HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

WCQF // Game 2 // LA Kings @ St. Louis Blues

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Blanick
Winter is coming

vCash: 50
WCQF // Game 2 // LA Kings @ St. Louis Blues

Last edited by Blanick: 05-02-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old
05-02-2013, 04:29 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

vCash: 500
Another good one Blanick!

Seems like another sleepless night...gimme a W and I'll gladly take it!

Go Blues!

Old
05-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Rizzo90

Time to release the "Cracken" line....or as I call it the "CPR" line!!! GO BLUES!!

Old
05-02-2013, 07:43 AM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

CPR baby! Go Blues, im goin to be up for another W.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Got to get the next one.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo90 View Post
Time to release the "Cracken" line....or as I call it the "CPR" line!!! GO BLUES!!
Quoted for being awesome.

Let's go Blues, it will be great going up 2-0 heading to LA.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:41 AM
SirPaste

Another win tonight would be huge, but its gonna be tough. Im sure LA isnt happy about the last one so they will come out hard tonight. Lets go Blues!

Old
05-02-2013, 09:11 AM
TheRyanExpress

I'm amped up. Just under 11 1/2 hours to go.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:05 AM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Got to go to game 1, and lucked myself into some tickets for tonight. Didn't realize it started at 830 though... gonna be a late one. This game is huge tonight if the Blues take both at home I think they win the series. LA's great at home but the Blues would be on such an emotional high and play well on the road. Should be intense!

Old
05-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
I get to be there again. Going to be a good game. LGB.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:09 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
There was so much drama last game, I think a couple facts haven't been highlighted adequately. To me the most significant development was the way the majority of the 3rd period was played.

LAK were down a goal, and needed to open things up a bit to try and tie it. But the Blues had a large shot advantage during the bulk of that period, and REALLY limited the Kings chances. If it weren't for a goalie-pulled 6 on 5 goal, the game ends in a shut-out with the Kings being pretty much shut down for the crucial period.

That tells me a couple things. But primarily, it tells me that even when the Kings were trying to push back as the game wound down, the Blues were managing them well. If they can duplicate that, this is going to be a series they should win. Tonight is crucial, and I have a feeling that the Blues are going to win more convincingly than last game. The jinx is broken, the monkey is gone, etc.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Rizzo90

WOW!!!!! My "ticket fairy" just called me!!!!
Sec 117 Row D CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Old
05-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Vladys Gumption

I've got to work tonight, so I'll be stuck listening to the radio til I get off at ten and then I'm gonna catch the rest at the bar. I'm not happy about working I have no doubts LA is going to come out absolutely flying. The first ten minutes of this game are going to be absolutely critical.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Alklha

We all know we played better in the first game, but we got very, very lucky. If we don't start taking our chances then this is going to turn around fast.

Hopefully we can get off to a fast start tonight, not let Quick get comfortable. Not a surprise that there are no changes in the line-up.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:40 AM
HockeyGuy73

vCash: 0
If there was ever a game we needed to score in the first minute or two, this would be it. But I guess next best thing would be them not scoring.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy73 View Post
If there was ever a game we needed to score in the first minute or two, this would be it. But I guess next best thing would be them not scoring.
No, the next best thing would be Quick scoring for us

Old
05-02-2013, 11:50 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I don't think we need to score in the first minute or two, but I do think we need to get the lead and play with it. Last year the Kings led pretty much the entire series. There were some minutes where things were even but the Blues were constantly playing from behind, it seemed.

The Blues had a massive edge in quality scoring chances and even though we all know they've had problems finishing, last game was still on one crazy end of a bell curve, even for them. Weirdly, the number of chances generated were at the good end of a bell curve. Keep the chances up and the finishing reverts to the mean and we'll be cooking with gas.

Prepared to see pretty much anything tonight. The crowd should be way into it again. Keep hitting them, get them down 2-0. Ya Ma Goo.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Brentaur

I like our chances if the boys can keep playing like a team possessed. Solid hits, clean passing, dirty goals.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:16 PM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 1111
This is a very important game, but I starting to believe they can get this done. I will be concerned again if LA were to win and take some momentum back home, but I think this should be a pretty good game.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:17 PM
HockeyGuy73

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I don't think we need to score in the first minute or two, but I do think we need to get the lead and play with it. Last year the Kings led pretty much the entire series. There were some minutes where things were even but the Blues were constantly playing from behind, it seemed.

The Blues had a massive edge in quality scoring chances and even though we all know they've had problems finishing, last game was still on one crazy end of a bell curve, even for them. Weirdly, the number of chances generated were at the good end of a bell curve. Keep the chances up and the finishing reverts to the mean and we'll be cooking with gas.

Prepared to see pretty much anything tonight. The crowd should be way into it again. Keep hitting them, get them down 2-0. Ya Ma Goo.
I agree, but I would say get the lead and BUILD on it. Too much firepower on the other side to think we are going to win 1-0 every game.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:38 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy73 View Post
I agree, but I would say get the lead and BUILD on it. Too much firepower on the other side to think we are going to win 1-0 every game.
thats the lesson they had to learn in the last game...I hope!

Old
05-02-2013, 12:44 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Let's go Blues! Going up 2-0 would be huge. Hopefully we can finish on some of our scoring chances, and Ells comes up big again at the other end. Here's to another great game! Don't like the 8:30 start time, but I think I'll survive.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Let's go Blues! Going up 2-0 would be huge. Hopefully we can finish on some of our scoring chances, and Ells comes up big again at the other end. Here's to another great game! Don't like the 8:30 start time, but I think I'll survive.
Oddly enough, the 8:30 game time helps me a bit. I work til ten so I'll at least be able to catch a little of the game.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post

The Kings faced very little real adversity last season. Being down in a series, trailing in games, injuries or simply wear and tear....those are things that we haven't seen them have to respond to. Being down 0-2 in this series would be a new type of situation....and I like the Blues' chances if that happens.

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with LA's response in the 3rd period of game 1. I think the overtime had more to do with the Blues playing tight than the Kings imposing their will. And after the catharsis of Steen's OT goal, I think we may just see the best yet Blues effort tonight.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:02 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

By the way, great job with the GDT Blanick.

Closed Thread