HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#3 Overall Pick + for a #1 Defenseman

Old
05-02-2013, 11:42 AM
The YzerJesus
#yzerplan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
How about Keith Yandle + Phoenix's first and a mid level forward prospect to Tampa for the #3 pick?
Damn. Wow. It'd be hard to pass that up. Idk Probably.

The only reason I hesitate is because Yandle is offensive minded. I think myself and most Tampa fans would prefer a stay at homer guy to prevent more pucks from getting into our net.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:24 PM
DJOpus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
How is Olli Jokenin worse? This is a guy who in his prime was getting almost 40 goals and 90 points.
That happened once, he scored 91 once, 89 once, and over 70 only one other time. Consistency has been a major issue for Jokinen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
He's not. Classic what have you done for me lately lately due to Jokinen's post 30 decline.
His post 30 years match-up to his mid-20 years. Granted the guy had 2 very good years when he was 28 and 29.

Edler has accomplished what Jokinen did in his entire career and is only 27...he is still coming up to his prime years as a defenseman.

I will admit though, Jokinen is probably equal not worse to Edler unless Edler can accomplish more in the upcoming years. A poor man's #1 in their respective positions.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Would Colorado trade Erik Johnson to stack up in this draft?

Who else even has a top 2 d man to spare? Maybe St Louis could move one of their top RD.

You'd have to give a lot who ever it was at no 3 but Drouin looks very dynamic.

Could more see TB trading down to 5-8 or something. That might be more like a top 4 d and pick. Lots more options there.
The Blues aren't moving any RD. We only have 3 NHL caliber RD right now. We literally can't replace them. We might be able to replace Polak with Hakanpaa in the next couple of years or so, but Hakanpaa's not quite ready.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
The Blues aren't moving any RD. We only have 3 NHL caliber RD right now. We literally can't replace them. We might be able to replace Polak with Hakanpaa in the next couple of years or so, but Hakanpaa's not quite ready.
In most circumstances, I agree.

However, if the Lightning called Armstrong and offered the #3 overall for Shattenkirk... that could change.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Yeah didn't...sorry for that.

Anyways, Edler for 3rd overall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
As to the Edler talks I would not add anything additional if I were Van...Edler for number 3 overall...The chances of that pick being better then Edler or any other top pairing dman are slim.
Edler for Drouin/Mackinnon/Jones (one can dream). That seems fair enough to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Given Cap considerations and how Edler seems to have stalled in his development, a top pairing guy but not a real stud #1, I doubt TB would do the 3rd pick straight up for Edler.
A lock out shortened year...thats like 90% of what caused the "stall". Even this stalled year, he was on pace for 40+ points, which is an off year for him. He hits, plays D, can move the puck, can shoot...I guess he just isn't the Weber/Letang style number one, but I'm hard pressed to find a team where he wouldn't be a top pairing D. And short of a select group of teams (Chicago, Pittsburgh, Nashville, L.A., Ottawa, Boston, and I know I'm forgetting one or two off the top of my head), he'd easily or arguably be the top defender on that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
How is Olli Jokenin worse? This is a guy who in his prime was getting almost 40 goals and 90 points.
Quote:
That happened once, he scored 91 once, 89 once, and over 70 only one other time. Consistency has been a major issue for Jokinen..
It has been a very sharp decline then, if we're counting Olli as a 90 point forward to what he would be now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
He's not. Classic what have you done for me lately lately due to Jokinen's post 30 decline.
Quote:
His post 30 years match-up to his mid-20 years. Granted the guy had 2 very good years when he was 28 and 29.

Edler has accomplished what Jokinen did in his entire career and is only 27...he is still coming up to his prime years as a defenseman.

I will admit though, Jokinen is probably equal not worse to Edler unless Edler can accomplish more in the upcoming years. A poor man's #1 in their respective positions.
An "even" would be generous, but we're not comparing apples to apples here. Look at other Florida alumni that are currently playing for different teams. Olesz is dead salary, Booth is probably 0.75 ppg...but has only played 40 games a season at best, Horton was an important pick up for Boston's cup run and subsequent success, but is a complimentary player. Bouwmeester and Ballard (although I'd consider Ballard much more misused then others I've listed) also fell off the train somewhat as well.

All these guys, including Jokenin, had all the ice time they needed to succeed, and largely, no pressure on a non-playoff team. The Olli Jokenin of Winnipeg, or Phoenix, or Calgary, is not the Olli Jokenin that scored 90 points once upon a time.

I agree with DJopus though, if Edlers development stopped right here, and right now, even would be a fair assessment. However, until this year (a lock out shortened one) he has been trending upwards still, and is playing with a different partner every 3 games it seems.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Given Cap considerations and how Edler seems to have stalled in his development, a top pairing guy but not a real stud #1, I doubt TB would do the 3rd pick straight up for Edler.
They may not but they are not going to get a legit number 1 top pairing guy...Edler would be a great deal for them.

Top pairing dmen straight up for 3rd overall seems fair value wise but maybe I am underrating the 3rd overall pick...I just think getting a known young commodity like Edler for a draft pick is great deal...Top flight dman do not get moved often and their is a reason for that...I guess the same can be said for 3rd overall picks but the history shows that you are not likely to get a top flight dman.

As a Blues fan I would offer Shatty but I would not add to that.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Jacko95

As Tampa fan I would absolutly do Shattenkirk for our first. He would be as perfect on this roster as it can get. Him playing alongside Hedman would be the best defense pairing we ever had and a couple that could play for years to come. Than buyout Brewer and everybody is very very happy.

Jacko95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
As Tampa fan I would absolutly do Shattenkirk for our first. He would be as perfect on this roster as it can get. Him playing alongside Hedman would be the best defense pairing we ever had and a couple that could play for years to come. Than buyout Brewer and everybody is very very happy.
No No No No No

Just one more thing to add, NO

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
No No No No No

Just one more thing to add, NO
Everybody in Tampa knows we need a highly skilled D. Shattenkirk could be on the market (but I doubt it) and sorry I know we lose a franchise forward, but I have faith that our farm system is producing enough talent to make up for it. While we have a BIG hole behind Hedman and this big hole will even get bigger once Salo retires. We will than have no righty that is capable of playing on a top pair.

You have to give to get and no pick not even this pick is worth what Shattenkirk would bring to this team. With him I would have no doubt making the playoffs.

Instead you want to draft Drouin and everything goes on like before. We don't get a young top pairing defender for Purcell that just not gonna happen.

I don't care if trading Shattenkirk for the 3rd would be unfair valuewise. Shattenkirks don't grow on trees especially not in the Tampa area, so I would take him and be happy that I got the biggest missing peace to the puzzle for the Stanley Cup. Every other position can be filled within the oganization.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
I should clarify. The value isn't there for us, nor is the need. Shattenkirk is small and not capable of shutting down another teams top line. Plus, while he has plenty of offensive talent, his value is not that of a #3 pick.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Everybody in Tampa knows we need a highly skilled D. Shattenkirk could be on the market (but I doubt it) and sorry I know we lose a franchise forward, but I have faith that our farm system is producing enough talent to make up for it. While we have a BIG hole behind Hedman and this big hole will even get bigger once Salo retires. We will than have no righty that is capable of playing on a top pair.

You have to give to get and no pick not even this pick is worth what Shattenkirk would bring to this team. With him I would have no doubt making the playoffs.

Instead you want to draft Drouin and everything goes on like before. We don't get a young top pairing defender for Purcell that just not gonna happen.

I don't care if trading Shattenkirk for the 3rd would be unfair valuewise. Shattenkirks don't grow on trees especially not in the Tampa area, so I would take him and be happy that I got the biggest missing peace to the puzzle for the Stanley Cup. Every other position can be filled within the oganization.
We could draft Drouin and trade other pieces to get what we need.

We have our own Shattenkirk in Matt Carle. If we are dealing a franchise player, we bare minimum need to fill the need of a top pairing defenseman which Shattenkirk is not. He is a second pairing offensive defenseman.

Old
05-02-2013, 05:04 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

I hold the same sentiment as most.. Draft Drouin and trade young talent for an additional top 4 dman.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:34 PM
CaptainCally

Would Tampa be interested in Marc Staal? Could add pick/prospect.

Staal is our best D no matter what some say. McDonagh is probably gonna surpass him in a few seasons. Girardi is very good but overrated IMO. Staal is very, very good .

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:45 PM
The YzerJesus
#yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Would Tampa be interested in Marc Staal? Could add pick/prospect.
Extremely.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Wolfpack21

Girardi + Rangers 2015 1st overall + JT Miller

For

3rd overall

I'm a ranger fan but if I was Tampa Bay I'd keep the 3rd overall. It would take A LOT to move any of the top 6 I'd imagine.

Wolfpack21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:23 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Quite a sell job there!

The #3 wouldn't be involved, but it's possible something could be done with prospects.
Wasn't trying to sell, just being honest.

Besides, with the number of posters, announcers, and likely GMs that still talk of Seabrook as if he's a top line defenseman I'm sure there is someone that would overpay (compared to what I think of him anyway) for his services. If the Blackhawks can trade Cam Barker for Nick Leddy, there's always the possibility someone would trade the 3 for Seabs.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:16 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Jamie Oleksiak + Boston's 2013 1st

Oleksiak won't be a top line d-man next year, but he certainly has the pedigree to grow into an elite d-man. I purposely left the #10 pick out because Dallas could use that pick on Ristolainen/Pulock.

If Dallas needs to add, it shouldn't be much.

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post

Oleksiak won't be a top line d-man next year, but he certainly has the pedigree to grow into an elite d-man. I purposely left the #10 pick out because Dallas could use that pick on Ristolainen/Pulock.

We politely decline

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post

Not enough

Old
05-03-2013, 10:39 AM
volley44

Would Gio and Pitts 1st 2013 start the negotiations?

volley44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Out of all the players I have seen mentioned in this thread I would have the most interest in Marc Staal.. How has he been since that injury though? Haven't gotten to watch him.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:33 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Out of all the players I have seen mentioned in this thread I would have the most interest in Marc Staal.. How has he been since that injury though? Haven't gotten to watch him.
I believe the NYR fans are offering him up because he is likely to want to go to Staaleigh, NC to play for the Canes in two years if not sooner.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Nolan11

Boyle (sharks keep 1/3 of his salary next year) + Braun/Demers for Killorn + 3rd overall + salary dump TBD.

Tampa's defense gets immensely better in one trade, while Boyle can retire where he started (in probably 3 years). Sharks expend their strength at D for a young forward with upside and a future star for their core (with any luck) to someday replace Marleau/Thornton.

EDIT had meant to have sharks 1st in this one too. Sorry

Last edited by Nolan11: 05-04-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Jacko95

Killorn is a no starter, we would only give up our first, if we get a young ( under 30) top pairing D and Boyle would obviously not fit that bill, though I would really like to have Braun.
What would be the price for him alone (hopefully you offer me something, because in an other thread the fans just said he is unmoveable.
Would be willing to overpay for him. Purcell as start for the negotiations?

Old
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

I don't know what would make me more sick, trading Killorn, the third or watching Boyle play for the Lightning again.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote