HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Strait - Broken Ankle, **Activated from IR**

Old
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Isles Fan

vCash: 500
Strait

I like Strait and I am glad the signed him, however this team has not been the same since he's been reinserted in the lineup.

Maybe it's a chemistry thing or something but the team has become a shell of itself since he was thrown back in there.

I know he played well early on but this is a different team now. I for one, would like to see him sat for game 2.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:22 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
I like Strait and I am glad the signed him, however this team has not been the same since he's been reinserted in the lineup.

Maybe it's a chemistry thing or something but the team has become a shell of itself since he was thrown back in there.

I know he played well early on but this is a different team now. I for one, would like to see him sat for game 2.
Totally agree, his boneheaded penalty yesterday put me over the edge.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:13 PM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
Totally agree, his boneheaded penalty yesterday put me over the edge.
I thought it was a crap call. He was sticking up for Hickey after Cooke gave him a forearm and a facewash. I can't believe the fans that are blaming Strait for last nights loss when guys like Streit and Amac were getting walked all night. Vis and Hickey fared no better getting manhandled every shift. The only D man that played well was Harmonic.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:16 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

I'm one of the Strait praisers, but I'll admit he has not looked how I hoped he would since the injury. I think he's getting way too excited to be back and is getting off his game. Tough to knock him too much though, he simply needs time to get back to form. But I question if it's too risky to be giving him that time in the playoffs. I wouldn't hate it if Martinek played in place of him.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:20 PM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
I thought it was a crap call. He was sticking up for Hickey after Cooke gave him a forearm and a facewash. I can't believe the fans that are blaming Strait for last nights loss when guys like Streit and Amac were getting walked all night. Vis and Hickey fared no better getting manhandled every shift. The only D man that played well was Harmonic.
everyone was brutal last night. Amc especially..he looked so slow. Thiss eries is going to make it obvious we have a lot of work to be done still. We are still a mediocre, young hockey team.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote