HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Vanek Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 12:15 AM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
well thats fine hes not going there. He makes to much money for most teams and hes only got one year left. He has said he doesnt want to play in a rebuild. ( lowers trade rumours no matter how u word it) with cap going down also lowers value. He is a ablosoutley a top 5 lw in the league but lw is a postion that has the weekest value imo. He would be a nice piece to add but hes not really needed by la. Hence the solid but low offer by me.
There's no point in low-balling. 1) Regier does NOT sell low on his players. 2) There will probably be 20+ other teams who would love to add Vanek. You want him in LA? Start with Toffoli, and then add, and add some more.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Would love to see Vanek in a Red Wings jersey next year, But since Detroit and Buffalo now will be in the same division I just dont see it happening.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:22 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Would love to see Vanek in a Red Wings jersey next year, But since Detroit and Buffalo now will be in the same division I just dont see it happening.
As a Sabres fan, I don't care. We're planning on suffering through the next few years regardless of where Vanek goes. If the best offer comes from a team within the division, take it.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:27 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
There's no point in low-balling. 1) Regier does NOT sell low on his players. 2) There will probably be 20+ other teams who would love to add Vanek. You want him in LA? Start with Toffoli, and then add, and add some more.
they be lucky to have 10 remember he doesnt want to be on a team thats rebuilding that knocks off alot of teams If they want to trade him they will not get 3 prime pieces imo

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
they be lucky to have 10 remember he doesnt want to be on a team thats rebuilding that knocks off alot of teams If they want to trade him they will not get 3 prime pieces imo
He wont get 3 prime pieces.

2 Maybe.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
As a Sabres fan, I don't care. We're planning on suffering through the next few years regardless of where Vanek goes. If the best offer comes from a team within the division, take it.
Exactly and Holland and Reiger have a very good friendship so it could happen, And word is that Reiger would trade within the division for the right deal so you never know. Vanek would be the sniper that Detroit desperately needs

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:51 AM
wunderpanda

Would Detroit have the prospects to trade though? They have been picking late in the draft for decades and I have no clue about their depth

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:11 AM
clumping platelets

D B. Smith, F Sheahan, draft pick for F Vanek at $3 million cap

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:09 AM
Blacksheep71

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
D B. Smith, F Sheahan, draft pick for F Vanek at $3 million cap
I'd swap Nyqvist or Pulkkinen for Sheahan. Nyqvist is a top playmaker who skates and passes well and knows his defensive responsibilities. Pulkkinen helps the RW situation with the loss of Pominville and possible loss of Stafford

Blacksheep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 06:50 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
To Los Angeles:

- Thomas Vanek
- Enroth

To Buffalo:

- Jonathan Bernier
- Tyler Toffoli
- 2014 1st

Note - Buffalo can take on a cap dump as well if need be.
Can't see that happening, We don't have the cap space, Vanek is a good piece to add but I don't think Lombardi would spend that amount of cap on a winger. LW is a position we could upgrade just not at that cost or cap hit. I'd rather see what some of the manchester kids can do next year.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

If they are willing to trade within the division then I would hope Ottawa makes a significant offer, we have the need for it, we have the assets to do it, the cap space to afford it:

Vanek:
2013 1st
Wiercioch
Greening
Prince

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:29 PM
CraniumCram
Bring back BJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
If they are willing to trade within the division then I would hope Ottawa makes a significant offer, we have the need for it, we have the assets to do it, the cap space to afford it:

Vanek:
2013 1st
Wiercioch
Greening
Prince
This has to have Silfverburg or Zibs coming back, we need a potential top 6 scorer.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
This has to have Silfverburg or Zibs coming back, we need a potential top 6 scorer.
that's what the pick is for

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Mats26
Cup Champs

Ott and Morrow are types of players Kings need, Vanek not so much. We need secondary scoring that we can get cheaper. Vanek is a luxury that we just can't afford and don't need.

Mats26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
A mid to late 1st? No. For Vanek we need quality prospects coming back that we can actually count on contributing in the foreseeable future.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:24 PM
northernKing

Philadelphia- Vanek
Buffalo - Briere, B Schenn and 1st in 2013

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Djp

Quote:

Vanek:
2013 1st
Wiercioch
Greening
Prince
If the pick isnt high enough to get a prime potential playmaker (top 5)....the return will have to include a player with the realistic potential of a top 2 line winger.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Djp

Quote:
a top 8-12 pick likely would get you a top 6 player...not a pick somewhere somewhere around 17-23.

this is also going within the division...if everything is equal in offers he is getting dealt outside of the division.

Trust me...Buffalo will likely have 10 solid offers for him at least.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Philadelphia- Vanek
Interesting, to say the least. Schenn and the 1st would go a long way toward helping Buffalo add more quality young pieces, and Briere might be a good leader/mentor for the youth. Awful contract doesn't really matter since the cap is offset by Vanek leaving, and what else is Buffalo going to spend that money on?

Old
05-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats26 View Post
Ott and Morrow are types of players Kings need, Vanek not so much. We need secondary scoring that we can get cheaper. Vanek is a luxury that we just can't afford and don't need.
If you want Ott---Weber should go with him.

Ott will cost you. Especially from LA ---who knows what kind of PITA he is having faced him against Dallas over the years.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Djp

Quote:
Interesting, to say the least. Schenn and the 1st would go a long way toward helping Buffalo add more quality young pieces, and Briere might be a good leader/mentor for the youth. Awful contract doesn't really matter since the cap is offset by Vanek leaving, and what else is Buffalo going to spend that money on?
My concern is Briere's cap hit for 14/15---he has 2 yrs left--Vanek 1 yr. there is a nonissue for 13/14. I would ask Philadelphi needs to eat some of it during the 14/15 season.

the other option is as part of the trade Philadelphia buys him out and then Buffalo signs him--- then Buffalo eats part of Vaneks cap hit.

the cost of Philly buying him out isnt much....I think he is owed $5M total...$1.66M over 4 years. Buffalo signs him to a lower contract of around 4 yrs $2M per...then they eat $4M of Vaneks salary next year.

...i dont like absorbing the "phatom" pay on cap hit because of early contract pay.

i dont want buffalo hindered at all with high cap hit contracts during 2014 UFA period.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:57 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
My concern is Briere's cap hit for 14/15---he has 2 yrs left--Vanek 1 yr. there is a nonissue for 13/14. I would ask Philadelphi needs to eat some of it during the 14/15 season.

the other option is as part of the trade Philadelphia buys him out and then Buffalo signs him--- then Buffalo eats part of Vaneks cap hit.

the cost of Philly buying him out isnt much....I think he is owed $5M total...$1.66M over 4 years. Buffalo signs him to a lower contract of around 4 yrs $2M per...then they eat $4M of Vaneks salary next year.

...i dont like absorbing the "phatom" pay on cap hit because of early contract pay.

i dont want buffalo hindered at all with high cap hit contracts during 2014 UFA period.
His cap hit won't hinder us. We're rebuilding. No more signing overpriced UFAs as stop-gaps to try to squeak into the playoffs as an 8th seed. There are plenty of ways Buffalo can shed cap too. Trading Vanek and Miller (assuming both happen) will free up a ton of space. If Leino struggles next year, he could be a compliance buyout next season. Stafford could also be a trade candidate. And I don't think any of our RFAs are going to be looking at massive pay raises too soon.

ETA: Also, Ott isn't going anywhere. I think he's been pegged as a veteran who has a role in the rebuild as a guy who can hold himself and his teammates accountable and be an example to the kids as a player who works hard, doesn't take shifts off, and acts like a consummate professional (at least off the ice ).

Old
05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Djp

Quote:
ETA: Also, Ott isn't going anywhere. I think he's been pegged as a veteran who has a role in the rebuild as a guy who can hold himself and his teammates accountable and be an example to the kids as a player who works hard, doesn't take shifts off, and acts like a consummate professional (at least off the ice ).
I dont see him moving either.....but if an blown away offer comes it wont be turned down.

I see the cap if Vanek and Miller were traded and many of the RFAs/UFAs resigned...i am thinking their total salary would be around $47M (this is not taking into account what players aquired in trades who would be on the 23 man roster).

If they bring Briere + others in deals it forecasts to about $10M in cap hits. Thus salary for 2013/14 would be around $58M. B Shenn is an RFA in 2014

In 2014 its Ott, Ennis, ruhwedel, and Foligno are RFAs/UFAs...All likely getting raises.

I would like them to have about $12M of cap space after the above 4 are signed to make some player moves in 2014....either trades or UFA signings.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Philadelphia- Vanek
This is absolutely insane. Wow. When did Vanek become Phil Esposito in his prime?? The Flyers wouldn't trade Schenn for Vanek, let alone the 11th overall pick.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
This is absolutely insane. Wow. When did Vanek become Phil Esposito in his prime?? The Flyers wouldn't trade Schenn for Vanek, let alone the 11th overall pick.
what about Couturier?