Explosions at Marathon Part 14

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 10:30 AM
qc

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger687 View Post
Wanted to pay tribute to those affected by the recent tragedy and all those who stood tall in the face of evil. Hoping this will lift some spirits.

Well done, that vid gave me the chills.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Scar 11
Go Knights Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger687 View Post
Wanted to pay tribute to those affected by the recent tragedy and all those who stood tall in the face of evil. Hoping this will lift some spirits.

This is a amazing video

Old
05-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Neely08

Great video, nicely done.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyJ View Post
In talking about the bs story that your dad made up. That never happened. None of it. It was a rumor started on 4chan written seemingly directly after the bombinng
My father is well respected man who works at Moakley. 1. He would never lie. 2. It wasn't a rumor started on that crap website when in fact you could WATCH it live on tv of all the agents at the apartment in Revere. Then confirming he was deported because of "immigration" charges.
3. It was never brought up again. But the guys at my fathers place if work still believe he was involved.

You can believe whatever you want. But it wasn't just some rumor from a message board. When it was reality. The only rumor part was that he was the son of a diplomat, and that he was involved.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:01 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
Quote:
In talking about the bs story that your dad made up. That never happened. None of it. It was a rumor started on 4chan written seemingly directly after the bombinng
You have a pretty strong opinion for someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. Feel free to never post dumb **** like this again.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
05-02-2013, 12:23 PM
EverettMike

Should charge these three with murder under depraved indifference.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
qc

Quote:
So first you say Mione's dad made it up. Then you said it was a rumor started on 4chan.

You're a fool and should apologize.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:36 PM
EverettMike

I realize it will be unpopular for me to say this, but I thought she was making it up when she first said it, and I posted as much on this board.

It is the same way we'd question a hockey rumor on here without accusing the skeptics of being bad people.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
I realize it will be unpopular for me to say this, but I thought she was making it up when she first said it, and I posted as much on this board.

It is the same way we'd question a hockey rumor on here without accusing the skeptics of being bad people.
I didn't necessarily think she was making it up (meaning pulled from thin air) but I thought it was bogus. Still do, to be honest...so I guess I agree with your unpopular thought.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:03 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

I don't particularly care for the way it as brought up. It is possible to challenge what someone has claimed in a polite or civil fashion, and its surely easy to call out factual errors two weeks after the fact when the information has largely been verified. But at the time of the event? People wanted desperately to know what is going on, and using hindsight to call BS on someone in this situation is not the same as a hockey rumor.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I don't particularly care for the way it as brought up. It is possible to challenge what someone has claimed in a polite or civil fashion, and its surely easy to call out factual errors two weeks after the fact when the information has largely been verified. But at the time of the event? People wanted desperately to know what is going on, and using hindsight to call BS on someone in this situation is not the same as a hockey rumor.
Exactly. Saying "that bs your dad made up" is disrespectful. I can only speak for myself, but you can call me a liar or whatever you'd like, but disrespecting my family is off limits. That's the way I look at it, making a rude comment about somebody's family (on an internet message board) is the epitome of foolishness.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I think there's a difference between what that troll JuicyJ said and what Mike said (and I agreed with).

And, not for nothing, but I had posted something that I heard (that turned out to be true) and it got deleted.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:30 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I think there's a difference between what that troll JuicyJ said and what Mike said (and I agreed with).

And, not for nothing, but I had posted something that I heard (that turned out to be true) and it got deleted.
I know. And that's probably how it needed to be handled all over the place. But we had a ton of people listening to scanners and posting everything that was said. Can't police all of that stuff without shutting it all down. And that just wasn't possible.

I should back off on this subject, but I simply didn't like what I read and couldn't keep quiet about it. Carry on, I guess.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I know. And that's probably how it needed to be handled all over the place. But we had a ton of people listening to scanners and posting everything that was said. Can't police all of that stuff without shutting it all down. And that just wasn't possible.

I should back off on this subject, but I simply didn't like what I read and couldn't keep quiet about it. Carry on, I guess.
You know that I'm not *****ing about the modding. This is unchartered territory, you guys know how to handle a Habs/Bruins series but a terrorist attack in the backyard of the majority of people who post here isn't exactly your run of the mill day on HF.

My point is that if you're going to make claims like that, you gotta be prepared for people to question it. There's a way to do it and there's a way not to do it...Mr. Juicy showed us how not to do it, but it's completely fair to question in a non-******* way.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:35 PM
JuicyJ*

Quote:

Yes, I'm a troll for calling someone out for stealing an explanation on 4chan.

The guy said something along the lines of they caught the guy that did it, but since his dad was a Saudi Diplomat, they shipped him off. That was false. That never happened. Oddly enough, the same exact scenario was played out on 4chan the day off the bombings.

No news sources reported a Saudi diplomats son being shipped away. Never. Not at one point following the attacks. Why would I calmly ask someone if they knowingly lied, when I clearly know they did?

Old
05-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

The guy said something along the lines of they caught the guy that did it, but since his dad was a Saudi Diplomat, they shipped him off. That was false. That never happened. Oddly enough, the same exact scenario was played out on 4chan the day off the bombings.

No news sources reported a Saudi diplomats son being shipped away. Never. Not at one point following the attacks.
No, you're a troll because the majority of your posts have been troll-like. There are plenty of ways to disagree with someone without coming off like a complete ass clown.

I didn't see it reported in the mainstream news either, but another poster claims she did. Who knows? There was so much false crap reported and inconsistent reporting across various news outlets.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:44 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:

No news sources reported a Saudi diplomats son being shipped away. Never. Not at one point following the attacks. Why would I calmly ask someone if they knowingly lied, when I clearly know they did?
New York Post did, but they suck. Not everyone knows they suck, either.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...9uC2PDGIjYBalO

But everyone agrees a Saudi was "interviewed" as a "persona of interest" until they realized he was a witness. Then everyone shut up about it.

CBSNEWS

Old
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Mione134

Its okay to call me out because I don't have proof to what was told to me. I can only tell you what was said and relay the information. What you do with it, whether you believe it or question it is up to you. Its how it goes on the Internet and I am very well aware of it is. My story, or I should say my fathers story is still the same, and I won't be backing down on it until he says to me "the information we all recieved was false". I'm not some young kid on a message board stirring up nothing. I'm an adult. My father has been doing what he's doing for a LONG time. He wouldn't say something if he didn't get the info from his co-workers.

I don't feel disrespected by anyone on her not believing me. Don't you dare call me or my father a liar though. When I posted what my father said to me a few weeks ago, I prefaced it, and I still do that it was a rumor.

It WAS reported a bit on the news, but then that stopped once we found out suspect 1 and 2's names. A quick google search or a trip back to the thread when the raid was happening can show you what you need to know.

Once again, its all good. If you believe me great. If you don't that's fine too. If you have an issue feel free to PM me. Ive got nothing to hide. Its something you have to deal with when you post on message board without the proof from the source, which is my father. Maybe one day you'll run into both if us at a B's game and he can tell you the same thing. But until then, I can just give you my words, and you have to do whatever you wish with it.

Old
05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Neely08

Quote:
New York Post did, but they suck. Not everyone knows they suck, either.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...9uC2PDGIjYBalO

But everyone agrees a Saudi was "interviewed" as a "persona of interest" until they realized he was a witness. Then everyone shut up about it.

CBSNEWS
Wow, the Post is a complete disgrace to journalism on this matter. They counted critical patients as dead. They also put that poor Revere kid's pic on the front of their paper before the FBI released the pictures of the Borat twins. Totally irresponsible.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

That steel city video is epic

Old
05-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm on my phone so can't link but per WCVB the ass clown twins initially planned attacks for 4th of July but finished the bombs early.

Old
05-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
I'm on my phone so can't link but per WCVB the ass clown twins initially planned attacks for 4th of July but finished the bombs early.
They also said the dead one received a call from his wife after they released the photos on Thursday.

I am Boston Strong

Old
05-02-2013, 08:52 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
How appropriate that would've been for one of our "citizens" for whom so many here are clamoring deserve all the rights appurtenant thereto, to have done that on Freedom's birthday... (snicker)

The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
They also said the dead one received a call from his wife after they released the photos on Thursday.
What a shocker.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

UMass
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...ss_disclosures
Quote:
While other state agencies and publicly funded colleges have released some information about government assistance given to suspects Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who died April 19 in a gunfight with police, officials at UMass Dartmouth have refused to release transcripts or financial aid information for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev — citing privacy rights even after three former classmates were charged Wednesday with destroying evidence and lying to authorities.

A UMass Dartmouth spokesman did not return multiple calls seeking comment yesterday. State education officials released information on financial aid Tamerlan Tsarnaev received from MassBay and Bunker Hill community colleges Tuesday, but the state doesn’t have access to UMass records, state education spokesman Matthew Wilder said.

“We released information that was in our power to release. I think these are questions that are well posed for UMass Dartmouth,” Wilder said, when asked why university officials invoked privacy concerns when the community colleges did not.

Closed Thread