HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin is now 212 lbs!!!

Old
09-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Dr_Hook

vCash: 500
about zhogin, anybody read or heard about his weight gain ? Is it really muscle ? I ask cause he hasn't been mentionned anywhere in the "put on some good muscles" category... When I saw him during the physicals, I thought he looked a bit cheeky; I was worried that it was 10 soft pounds. Anybody has an informed opinion on this ?

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Kirk Muller*

Every training camp, there's all these players who come in weighing more and being much more muscly, and people start predicting big seasons, but then you never hear about it again during the season. It's just one of those things that happens every September. Having more muslcle or weight is not necessarily conducive to being a better player. Often, it seems as though the players take a while to adjust to their added weight, in terms of balance, agility, skating and quickness. On the other hand, one example of a player that it really helped is Marian Hossa, who according to a radio guy I know, got huge arms one summer and had his goalscoring breakout year after that, in part due to his new ability to power his way through traffic and keep the puck with his strength.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Every training camp, there's all these players who come in weighing more and being much more muscly, and people start predicting big seasons, but then you never hear about it again during the season. It's just one of those things that happens every September. Having more muslcle or weight is not necessarily conducive to being a better player. Often, it seems as though the players take a while to adjust to their added weight, in terms of balance, agility, skating and quickness. On the other hand, one example of a player that it really helped is Marian Hossa, who according to a radio guy I know, got huge arms one summer and had his goalscoring breakout year after that, in part due to his new ability to power his way through traffic and keep the puck with his strength.
Breezer gained 15 pounds a few summers ago,
and we all know what was the result...

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 01:57 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
Breezer gained 15 pounds a few summers ago,
and we all know what was the result...
I thought Brisebois had a pretty solid season after the summer he trained hard... I never been a Breezer fan, but the year after he trained hard he did well, he was winning his one on one along the board instead cheating to avoid it.. less brain cramps.. played an overall solid year.. Bad playoffs though.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 02:22 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
You really need to get a grip. You seem to think that A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn, D'Agostini, Grabovski, Plekanec, Perezhogin and Latendresse will all wind up being 70+ point getters for the Habs.

By picking all of our prospects to flourish do you expect to boast about how 'right' you were in a few years?
First I never jumped in the Sergei Kost bandwagon.. I didnt see this kid play much and most of you know more about him than I...

Second I dont watch our current prospects as much as I used to in the past..

Third I never said the kids you named above would get 70+ pts season... What I said is that Plekanec has the skills to replace Ribeiro easily and make our second line better but I've no prob with him on our third line, I like the idea to have 3 solid lines that can generate offense with regularity 5 on 5... I always thought and still think that Perezhogin will become a dominant player offensively and that we didnt see half of what he can do in the NHL... Now, place him on the third line with very little PP time and he will get about 40-50 pts season, place him in a position where he can produce offensively, and a 70+ pts season is something very possible... I think very highly of Kostitsyn and think he is our most skilled prospect, I think he has what it takes to become our best goalscorer for years, I think very highly of Latendresse as well, one of the best young PF in the making IMO.. Im a big DaGostini fan as well, I think he has what it takes to become a good NHLer...

Of course not all will get 70+ pts season, but I think they will have an impact and will be high quality material to have in your line-up.. The best ones will survive as a Habs but some will have good NHL carreer elsewhere... If you have the luxury to have a Perezhogin on your third line, it says long about how strong you are on the wings... The Sens used Havlat on their third line for example, didnt get the stats a such skilled guy should but now he is playing for a weak Hawks team, will be on their first line with ton of PP time, so expect big numbers for this guy...

When I say Perez will have a breakout year, Im not saying he will get a 100 pts season, Im only saying he will make our third line even stronger being dangerous every time he touches the ice.. When your third line can play against any top lines in the NHL, you have a good team!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 05:41 PM
caper13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Can you stop coming here, please ? No one want you here, no one appreciate your comments... Your the most biased poster on the board, period. Your posts are all meanless.

Just stay on the Leafs board and keep praising Wellwood.

caper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 07:04 PM
tinyzombies

I gained 15 pounds this year too....Coors Light (gotta support)

Go Perez!....

I was at the game in NY when he scored his first NHL goal, but I was in line getting a hot dog. I saw it on the TV......

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:17 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Link?

where did you see these new weights?
I've read them today either in Le Journal de Montréal or La Presse, don't remember

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I think 212 is a bit much for perez's body and his style of play. Hopefully, he comes down in weight a little bit. Or maybe I'm wrong

Ryder hasn't been able to work out properly and subsequently, lost 10lbs. Time will tell if thats a good thing for him but I doubt it. The majority of those 10lbs might be some important muscle lbs.

Dandenault is a vetran who knows how to take of of his body so I trust he's doing the right thing.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 10:28 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Adding some muscle is fine. Over the course of the season players usually lose some because they don't have the time to hit the gym as much. If it's pudge, not good. There's no excuse in this day and age for players to be showing up to camp out of shape. While it was common place in the past, it isn't now. Hopefully the recent news of players putting on weight is a sign of players focusing on the season ahead and looking to have a strong season.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 11:27 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think 212 is a bit much for perez's body and his style of play. Hopefully, he comes down in weight a little bit. Or maybe I'm wrong

Ryder hasn't been able to work out properly and subsequently, lost 10lbs. Time will tell if thats a good thing for him but I doubt it. The majority of those 10lbs might be some important muscle lbs.

Dandenault is a vetran who knows how to take of of his body so I trust he's doing the right thing.
Ryder was too fat last season .Curiously , he said that he have to gain mucles , in one of his biceps . I don't know what is the link with his injury , but that's him that i quote

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 05:03 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
seriously, I am thrilled to see how much wor our habs did during the summer, wow, i would never imagine even in my sickest dreams a Perezhogin at 212 lbs.... damn... also when i saw a higgins picture he seemed bulked up big time.. he surely looks bigger.. i really think there is a lot of Timmins philosy behind our general training this summer.

Komi at 242.. damn it.. if he could only get his confidence for a full season instead of 5 games a year...

Now if you can only get YOUR confidence going for more than 5 games per year for "all-heart" Komi...
Trust me...Komisarek is the real deal. Have more confidence . We're so lucky we drafted Komi in the lucky 7th overall. People are/were saying that we lacked in defensive depth, well...imagine the Habs without Komisarek?!. Exactly..., I can't!
And...I already have lots and lots of faith in our big, physical J-P Cote.
Go Komi Go!
Go Habs Go!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Link?

where did you see these new weights?
i really don't know why he would invent new weights of players?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
i really don't know why he would invent new weights of players?
But his source might.

That's a huge increase in mass.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
Adding some muscle is fine. Over the course of the season players usually lose some because they don't have the time to hit the gym as much. If it's pudge, not good. There's no excuse in this day and age for players to be showing up to camp out of shape. While it was common place in the past, it isn't now. Hopefully the recent news of players putting on weight is a sign of players focusing on the season ahead and looking to have a strong season.
Sometimes, adding muscle is not fine, it's detrimental and it makes the player worse. For instance, in today's La Presse, Aaron Downey says that he lost some muscle to become quicker and more agile. There is no linear rule that says "more muscle = more good".

Old
09-17-2006, 01:54 PM
larue*

Quote:
Sometimes, adding muscle is not fine, it's detrimental and it makes the player worse. For instance, in today's La Presse, Aaron Downey says that he lost some muscle to become quicker and more agile. There is no linear rule that says "more muscle = more good".
Yeah but Aaron (no talent) Downey aint no Perezhogin....

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Yeah but Aaron (no talent) Downey aint no Perezhogin....
Completely irrelevant.

Old
09-17-2006, 02:02 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
I agree with you . I remember a years where a lot of Habs were having bulked up and that they made the NHL record for numbers of injured players . It's after that that they changed the way to trained the boys . More works on their flexibility , less on gaining muscular mass .

Hope that the ones that got extra 10-15 pounds , worked also on their flexibility .

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 02:05 PM
larue*

Quote:
Completely irrelevant.
Its not irrelevant for a player that has talent and speed but gets knocked off the puck regularly. Get your head out of your you know what.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Its not irrelevant for a player that has talent and speed but gets knocked off the puck regularly. Get your head out of your you know what.
It's irrelevant whether it's Downey or Perezhogin. Every player has an optimal weight/muscle range suited to his style of play, and if players go over that weight/muscle mass, they become less good. Maybe Perezhogin is now at his optimal weight, but we don't know that and nobody does, so there is no reason to start predicting he is a better player just on the basis of that.

Old
09-17-2006, 03:52 PM
hockey_nut

it's certainly good to see our boys getting a little bigger...providing it's muscle gain, i think we can see a bit more out of our kids this year.

i'd love to see perez hit the 50pt mark and he just might... but we'll see where he ends up once the season starts on Oct 6 (I'll be at that game in buf! WOO)

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
Can perezhogin be sent to the AHL?

F. Duchemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 05:49 PM
MTLROCKS

Here's the reason why I don't think any of those players got bigger because of the poutine. Guy Carbonneau sent James Sanford back home after coming up 7 lbs bigger in training camp. He told him that talent isn't going to bring you anywhere if you don't work hard. This means all the other players mentioned aren't overweight. I hope Ribeiro got the same message. I wonder what Gainey told his players at the end of the previous season ...

MTLROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
J-D

Quote:
It is not completely irrelevant, but it is true that there is not a perfect correlation between weight and performance. I remember one year, Owen Nolan (then with the Sharks) was in the best shape of his life and added like 15 lbs of muscle. He got one of his worse seasons because he couldn't roof the puck in as much as previous years. It was known that he lost coordination due to his muscle-weight gain.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
henri2014

Anyway perez is still growing into a man so this might be natural, hes only 22 or 23 so this weight gain must be allright.

Perez was pushed around last year so his he got 10 pounds of muscle that will help him.

BTW did he look stronger on the puck during the first days of training camp?

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote