HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2012-13 Waivers (S. Kostitsyn, Gerbe, Colaiacovo)

Old
04-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I'd take a waiver on Montador.
I wouldn't. Not that I didn't like Monty when he was here, but we're cleaning house and he's on a semi-bad contract. He's ~$1M overpaid. I'd rather let Pysyk play. And for the rest of the year Pardy is really not much worse than Montador anyway. We can find better defensemen in the summer to add to the roster.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few sellers take a look and claim some of these guys, Buffalo included. Montador, I doubt. Olesz, probably not either. But Santorelli, Foster, Hall, and Barker could all be claimed by teams like the Sabres, Flames, and Avalanche, who might be selling players by 3 PM EST and need the bodies to fill out their rosters for the rest of the season. All four are UFAs and could be claimed.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:15 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Wow Cam Barker turned into a real disappointment

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:18 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
CAM BARKER .... has there EVER been a player who has dropped of the face of the planet more rapidly than him?

a 3rd OVERALL pick puts up nearly All-Star numbers for a season in Chicago, to being waived/bought out by 3-4 teams in just 2 years.

What a complete and utter disgrace.

A MEME should be made using Barker's photo, and it can be used whenever an "Ultimate FAIL" situation is needed.
Nick Leddy approves of this post.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Santorelli has been picked up by the Winnipeg Jets. Adam Hall goes to the Flyers.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Santorelli has been picked up by the Winnipeg Jets. Adam Hall goes to the Flyers.
If true, you can bet one of our forwards (Antropov most likely) is on his way out.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
hahahaha @ Adam Hall getting claimed again

poor Bolts

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
hahahaha @ Adam Hall getting claimed again

poor Bolts
Imagine being a Tampa fan with a Hall jersey, the up and downs.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:15 AM
duffy9748

Maybe Philly added Hall for PK purposes. Fedotenko on his way out?

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
If true, you can bet one of our forwards (Antropov most likely) is on his way out.
Antro is out with an injury.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Maybe Philly added Hall for PK purposes. Fedotenko on his way out?
Replacement for Talbot.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Jay Onrait: "BREAKING NEWS: THE ENTIRE LEAGUE HAS CLAIMED ADAM HALL OFF WAIVERS"

Huntershin Karuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Wow Cam Barker turned into a real disappointment
To be fair, he was waived to make a roster spot. Clearly the Nucks thought they had a big deal in the works, when it didn't go through they actually reclaimed him from waivers, something that doesn't happen too often!

I think that he may still turn his career around, the biggest problem that he has is that he is still making rookie mistakes and seems to have problems just keeping it simple in the defensive zone. If he can do that and find some confidence he may still make a plave for himself in the NHL.

Getting over being traded away from a cup winner mid season has to be pretty tough on the brain.

Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 11:55 PM
BobbyShehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
To be fair, he was waived to make a roster spot. Clearly the Nucks thought they had a big deal in the works, when it didn't go through they actually reclaimed him from waivers, something that doesn't happen too often!

I think that he may still turn his career around, the biggest problem that he has is that he is still making rookie mistakes and seems to have problems just keeping it simple in the defensive zone. If he can do that and find some confidence he may still make a plave for himself in the NHL.

Getting over being traded away from a cup winner mid season has to be pretty tough on the brain.
Thanx, good feedback. I always wonder why this guy can't seem to get it together, I mean he did have a wonderful talent.

BobbyShehan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
Nick Leddy approves of this post.
Wild fans still crying about that one.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Scott Sabourin Signs with Manchester Monarchs

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...ester-monarchs

Solid player. For you Kings/ Monarch fans, considering they played together (and likely will on the same line in Manchester) Him and Andy Andreoff play a similar , gritty game ; with a bit of offense.

If given the space into the zone, look for him to use the 'between the legs' move to try to get around defenders. (became a bit repetitive haha)

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Scott Sabourin Signs with Manchester Monarchs

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/articl...ester-monarchs

Solid player. For you Kings/ Monarch fans, considering they played together (and likely will on the same line in Manchester) Him and Andy Andreoff play a similar , gritty game ; with a bit of offense.

If given the space into the zone, look for him to use the 'between the legs' move to try to get around defenders. (became a bit repetitive haha)
Thanks for the info but I think you've got the wrong thread.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:46 AM
jameswrjobe53

vCash: 492
Mathieu Roy was on waivers a few days ago :p

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM
caley

It's unclear on the wording whether he's on there today, or already cleared, but
per Renaud Lavoie
Quote:
Canadiens put Alexander Avstin on waivers and release him. #RDS
I thought this might be coming up as he played in the KHL as an 18-year-old but consistently saw his stats and status reduced with Montreal's AHL team (from 20 points in 58 games to 14 in 63 last year and only 15 games in the AHL this year along with a demotion to the AHL). I remember a couple years back, Canadiens fans were trumpeting him as a steal. It just goes to show you that you can never bank on a player until he's an everyday NHL player.

05-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
It's unclear on the wording whether he's on there today, or already cleared, but
per Renaud Lavoie

I thought this might be coming up as he played in the KHL as an 18-year-old but consistently saw his stats and status reduced with Montreal's AHL team (from 20 points in 58 games to 14 in 63 last year and only 15 games in the AHL this year along with a demotion to the AHL). I remember a couple years back, Canadiens fans were trumpeting him as a steal. It just goes to show you that you can never bank on a player until he's an everyday NHL player.
For some reason, the coach in Hamilton, Sylvain Lefebvre didn't like Avtsin. He would rather call up or sign some random guys from the ECHL then play him. Avtsin basically spent the entire year sitting in the stands while watching his team loosing games (keep in mind that the Habs had the worse farm team). I'm actually surprised that he didn't ask to be released sooner.

Anyway, it's a shame the "Avtsin experiment" didn't work out in Montreal. I saw him at rookie camp and this guy really has all the tools. However, it seems like he can't put everything together during games.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 12:46 PM
caley

Apparently Ryan Hamilton was on waivers yesterday, cleared, and has been re-assigned to Toronto of the AHL. I'm kinda surprised Detroit didn't claim him, just to keep him from playing against their AHL team in the playoffs, he couldn't play for Detroit or Grand Rapids, they'd just have to pay him until July 1st when he becomes an UFA.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 04:10 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Apparently Ryan Hamilton was on waivers yesterday, cleared, and has been re-assigned to Toronto of the AHL. I'm kinda surprised Detroit didn't claim him, just to keep him from playing against their AHL team in the playoffs, he couldn't play for Detroit or Grand Rapids, they'd just have to pay him until July 1st when he becomes an UFA.
Well, I for one am glad he cleared!

Is there anywhere to find out which eliminated NHL players are still available for AHL duty?

uncleben85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:05 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Barker should seriously start thinking about going to a league in europe that is not high-level.. He could actually be a good player in Norway.. If he is more into playing good hockey than getting boo-ed at everywhere he goes..

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:39 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Question, guys like Montador/Olesz who have been waived and cleared... can they just straight be bought out or are they waived again??? (can you even do that??)

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Question, guys like Montador/Olesz who have been waived and cleared... can they just straight be bought out or are they waived again??? (can you even do that??)
waived again. There is like a 30 day period or something like that. Then it has to be done all over again. this will thread will be busy at noon today

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:14 AM
caley

per Bob McKenzie
Quote:
Only players on buyout waivers today are Kaberle (MTL), Olesz and Montador (both CHI).
Odd that Philly wouldn't get Briere and Bryzgalov on there right away, unless it's like with Tampa (Where a beat writer has said because of Lecavalier's No Movement Clause, he will refuse to go on waivers and simply be bought out).

caley is online now   Reply With Quote