HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers will call up Lynch or Ulanov; Reasoner will come on the trip

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Allan

vCash: 500
Oilers will call up Lynch or Ulanov; Reasoner will come on the trip

From Thursday's Sun:
Link

Quote:
Coach Craig MacTavish indicated yesterday afternoon it'll be either Doug Lynch or Igor Ulanov.

If it's Ulanov, who is back in the organization on an AHL contract, he'll have to sign an NHL contract before joining the team in St. Paul.

"Lynch is a possibility and he's even likely," MacTavish said of the lanky redhead, who has tallied 17 points in 32 games with Toronto. "He's been playing pretty well down there.

"We're hoping Cory will be able to play, so whoever comes up, in all likelihood, won't play."
It may not matter, but it's certainly interesting that they're considering offering Ulanov a contract. Back injuries are very unpredictable, so Lynch may get his big look too. Could be interesting, since the two options are so far apart (raw rookie vs. questionable veteran).

Quote:
Marty Reasoner will travel with the team to St. Paul today after testing his surgically repaired right knee again yesterday at Rexall Place.
He'll need a few days of practice before he'll play.
Hopefully they will have the old Reasoner back within a few weeks. It will be a big boost to this team, maybe what they need to get rolling again.

Old
01-01-2004, 07:48 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
I'm just hoping Reasoner can return to form in good time and not be basically laid out for the year in poor play, he's one guy that didn't deserve this.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:31 AM
theoil

Does anybody know the reason given for his trade from Red Deer to (I can't remember if it was Seattle, Spokane, or Portland)? I am surprised to hear it will be this early in the season but not that Lynch will be up sometime this season. I expected to see him by February. I will say it again (just because I never tire of repeating myself ) he was the best d-man not to make the team at the last few training camps. And it looks like the jump to pro went smoother than anybody could have hoped for.

Old
01-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Taco Grande

I'm just hoping they don't rush Reasoner back like they do everyone else. If he needs an extra week or two to get into the form thats necessary to compete then let him have the extra time.

Old
01-01-2004, 12:27 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Grande
I'm just hoping they don't rush Reasoner back like they do everyone else. If he needs an extra week or two to get into the form thats necessary to compete then let him have the extra time.
Probably a false hope Taco. There's precedent here in terms of those situations. Mike Grier with his shoulder, York and his cast, Comrie and his thumb, Janne and his knee, Smyth with his shoulder, etc.

Old
01-01-2004, 12:39 PM
aspin

Lynch

Lynch was traded to Spokane and played with his other three brothers there. Sutter traded him to fill some other holes on the team. He still had Woywitka there as well so they were not hurting for defencemen.

Old
01-01-2004, 01:44 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspin
Lynch was traded to Spokane and played with his other three brothers there. Sutter traded him to fill some other holes on the team. He still had Woywitka there as well so they were not hurting for defencemen.

Thanks Aspin. I missed when the trade happened for some reason and always wondered why Red Deer would move him. It's a little strange that the talk is of bringing him up rather than Woywitka when Woywitka was drafted earlier in the same year. Maybe this team does know something about developing players.

Closed Thread