HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2013-14 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part I

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Smash88

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax53 View Post
Physical location means nothing when the dns servers do the routing for you. FYI all cdn use the cdn set of servers.

Ill say it again must be a configuration problem on your end
Either way it's a moot point, it wasn't working during that one game, for multiple people, it works now, so it was down during only that time.

It had nothing to do with the connection. My Netflix and Hulu were working fine

Old
04-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Mosby
Howl On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
any news regarding GCL and the playoffs?
Am wondering the same. This is my first year with GameCenter. I've heard that, previously, it did not include playoffs (except for European viewers). Will see if I can trick mine to think I live in Prague.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:58 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
any news regarding GCL and the playoffs?
All games will be blacked out in the US and Canada since all playoff games will be nationally broadcast in those countries.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Veritas0Aequitas

I use unblock-us.com and it works like a charm so far. We'll see what happens come playoff time.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 139
Does the game start already, still no video!

Old
04-29-2013, 09:31 PM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Does the game start already, still no video!
there is no game today

Old
05-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Burner99

Is it possible that Games shown by ESPN Europe are not blacked out any more in Europe? I could watch the Minnesota Chicago Game today as replay and when I click on the Boston Toronto Game of tonight there isn't a message that the game is blacked out. Has anybody from central Europe experienced the same?

Old
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner99 View Post
Is it possible that Games shown by ESPN Europe are not blacked out any more in Europe? I could watch the Minnesota Chicago Game today as replay and when I click on the Boston Toronto Game of tonight there isn't a message that the game is blacked out. Has anybody from central Europe experienced the same?
yup same here (germany)

Old
05-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Faterson

It's true none of the 3 play-off games from last night were blacked out here in Europe -- which came as a shock, given the experiences from the regular season, where they were blacking out random games here and there (often simultaneous ones), as if they were insane.

However, even though the games were not blacked out, I kept experiencing severe connection and quality issues. Forwarding/rewinding seemed pretty much impossible, etc. (Apple TV here.)

I very much fear they'll be back to their usual selves tonight and on the following days, blacking out all or most of the play-off games on the schedule. Perversely and infuriatingly, they seem to take the greatest pleasure in blacking out those games that would be most suitable to watch for European hockey fans -- that is, afternoon/matinee games in America.

Again, let me stress NONE, NONE of the TV stations in my country (least of all freely available TV channels!) show any NHL games. Despite that, they have blacked out an enormous amount of games this season from me, their paying subscriber. I'm finished with the ********, and have already canceled for next season.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:09 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

If they don't black out the Bruins or the Pens game tonight we might be safe.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Burner99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
It's true none of the 3 play-off games from last night were blacked out here in Europe -- which came as a shock, given the experiences from the regular season, where they were blacking out random games here and there (often simultaneous ones), as if they were insane.

However, even though the games were not blacked out, I kept experiencing severe connection and quality issues. Forwarding/rewinding seemed pretty much impossible, etc. (Apple TV here.)

I very much fear they'll be back to their usual selves tonight and on the following days, blacking out all or most of the play-off games on the schedule. Perversely and infuriatingly, they seem to take the greatest pleasure in blacking out those games that would be most suitable to watch for European hockey fans -- that is, afternoon/matinee games in America.

Again, let me stress NONE, NONE of the TV stations in my country (least of all freely available TV channels!) show any NHL games. Despite that, they have blacked out an enormous amount of games this season from me, their paying subscriber. I'm finished with the ********, and have already canceled for next season.
I also had quality issues on my X-Box 360. First it said that the Wings game was unavailable, so I watched the Blues Game and I had not any problems. After the game it was still unavailable, so I logged out and back in and now it was available. I switched to the NBC Feed and all was working fine until a few minutes in the game. At a specific point it stopped and the circle popped out. After some time it went back a few seconds only to stop at the same time and after waiting some time to go back again. In other words I was stuck and could not go forward, so i changed the feed. There the same problem occurred with 4 Minutes left in the 1. Period. After some time I gave up and watched the game on my Laptop, where everything worked fine. I had this problem a few times before, but most of the times I could just move forward and "jump" over the passage which seem to cause the problem.

But honestly, I can live with this problems as long as I can see the games. With the blackouts this year I have started to miss the ESPN player.

Old
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Hesher
Sagan for President

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
If they don't black out the Bruins or the Pens game tonight we might be safe.
I'm not so sure. There was a period of time (about 3 days) at the end of January when there were no blackouts. Obviously hoping that it stays blackout-free

Old
05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Does the Waiting for video feed automatically go away and if it does, does it go away when you have used something like Stealthy to bypass the blackouts?

Old
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Droc
Classless

my boston/toronto feed is flickering like a mofo

Old
05-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Nexzus

I can confirm

I can confirm that I am able to stream the Van/SJ game to my PS3 via a VPN server in Germany. Stream quality is as can be expected going from Germany to Vancouver. Hitting about 3mbps, whereas I would hit 6-7 when I would connect down into Seattle

Old
05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

No blackouts for Europeans today either.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Hybbe

I've been unable to watch some games, but not all during the regular season and now all games are unavailable. It's as if the site thinks I'm northamerican, I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I got grandfathered in last year when viasat bought the rights after I had already signed up. The games still work with a german proxy though.

Anyone else from sweden/finland etc experiencing the same thing?

Old
05-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Jack Tripper
Vey Falls Down

vCash: 888
gamecenter was absolutely unusable tonight...every minute the feed kept jumping ahead 10-15 seconds for no reason, it wasn't buffering but would simply skip as though parts of the archived games were missing

never had that problem before but it pretty much ruined my evening (along with the canucks predicatable laissez-faire effort)

Old
05-02-2013, 10:10 PM
WingedWheel1987

Every single game is blacked out in South Carolina. I am on business and am so upset that I can't watch the Wings game. WTF is the point of Game Center if I can't watch a single game? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:36 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

Are the blackouts gone for good in Europe?

Old
05-04-2013, 03:48 AM
Faterson

It always defies belief whenever common sense prevails... so I still can't believe they would actually behave reasonably now. Maybe it's a bug on their side, that they only temporarily forgot to (re)activate the blackouts.

Anyway, too late for me -- I've already canceled for next season, after giving them a piece of my mind. My trust in them is gone completely -- I will not be buying their subscription for next season, no matter what. If there's not a single blackout in Europe during the 2013/14 regular season, I might then reconsider and become a subscriber again for the 2014/15 season. No sooner.

Old
05-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Harvey Specter
Lord Stanley and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Are the blackouts gone for good in Europe?
UK is still blacking out at least one game per night. Two last night (MON/OTT + VAN/SJ).

Anyone come up with a decent fix for watching the day after and avoiding the timeline which gives away whether or not the game went to OT?

Old
05-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click Here View Post
UK is still blacking out at least one game per night. Two last night (MON/OTT + VAN/SJ).
Well, I knew it sounded too good to be true. As Shakespare (or whoever) put it, A scam is a scam is a scam, no matter how you dress it up.

I wish the European Commission would take a look at this. I believe it's illegal in the European Union to sell a particular service and then fail to deliver it, on spurious grounds. Essentially, it appears they want to charge you twice for the same product. First, you are supposed to purchase the season-long NHL BlackOut Live subscription. Then, you are supposed to purchase the same thing again, by purchasing expensive pay-TV channels, often located outside your own country (!!!) or even not available for you (!!!) in your particular setup. (No one can reasonably expect anyone to change their cable TV provider just because of damn NHL games.)

In the past, European authorities have not shied away from imposing heavy fines on giants like Microsoft and Google for what was deemed to be unethical business conduct on their part. They should take a good look at the NHL, too, in view of the NHL's disgraceful treatment of their paying customers this season, especially on a different continent from where the league is being played.

Old
05-05-2013, 01:09 PM
coyotechrisz

anyone having problems watching PIT-NYI ?

i'm pushed back to the login screen always (stream loads for a second and then im at the login screen again..)

edit: might be a google chrome problem, works on firefox

Last edited by coyotechrisz: 05-05-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: exp
Old
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Redgren Grumbholdt

This will be my first and last year with gamcenter. I go to college in a town without a local NBC affiliate, and them blacking those games out are annoying as hell. Why do I pay for this service again? An inferior product compared to the other pro sports online offerings.

Closed Thread