HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 09:14 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thank god I'm at the Mooseheads game tomorrow night. I can watch players who actually care.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:14 PM
TalkingHead

I'm so happy 95% of the posters here have no influence in the decision making process.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:15 PM
cupwatcher2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Ryder slowly going from "You have to sign him" to...."Let's use the money for something else".
yep. Funny how Montreal is able to destroy him in such a short period of time, twice. What's up with that?

Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
This series gonna be won or lost in the nets.

No excuses tonight for Price.

I would not be surprised to see Budaj tomorrow nite.
If Budaj starts a game in the series, it will be on the 4th game with Habs trailing 0-3.

Old
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
i'm known as a price hater, though I don't.

I think we need to ride price, he's suppose to be elite. elite players can bounce back....show it. if price cannot even play well, and turn it around, I would be trading him and seeing if I could pick up miller, or another american goalie.
This. Tired of the babying. This is his team. He either does it or he doesn't. He just had to be solid tonight, nothing spectacular. Leave him in there, if we go out in 4, so be it. At least we can say we gave him every chance behind a pretty good team. And if he doesn't get it done, time to look for a new No. 1.

Having said that, a lot of positives with this team moving forward: Subban, Eller (such a shame!), The Gally's, and Tinordi was solid. Just need to tweak as we move forward, but never thought goaltending would prove one of our weaknesses.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Playing with DD. Hard to be effective as a winger when your center can't: get the puck. Withstand a check. Make a play. Cycle the puck.
DD is not a big help this year but Patches doesn't skate to the net the way he should with that big body and if you notice is always a good 5 feet from the net, never in font . Waste for a body like him

Old
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

negatives: gryba, price, desharnais, diaz

positives: gallagher, subban, anderson (for them...huge negative for us), team aggressiveness on offence (50 shots doesn't lie)

we deserved to win tonight, will do so tomorrow.

For Eller

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
All the panel mckenzie and co said that was a legal hockey hit
Anytime a Hab gets blown up, it's a strong hockey play, no need to review it.

Also, when a Hab gets cross-checked from behind it's an automatic dive.

Snow shower penalties are reserved for Habs as well.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
I'm so happy 95% of the posters here have no actual influence in decision making processes.
If anything this play-offs should identify to the Management staff exactly what pieces need to be upgraded. the 3 Midget-teers top my list.

I agree with Whitesnake.. Ryder has dropped off the face of the earth, SO invisible tonight.

Old
Hab-a-maniac

Least deserved 4-2 win in playoffs ever. Shots 50-31 really? Now I know how Caps felt in game 6, 2010. Karma baby. Sens just have the hotter goalie really. Price and his D are clowns. Looks like Price vs. Biron in 08, Price vs. Thomas in 09 and 11. Once again a much less hyped and heralded goalie outplays a #5 overall pick. Not acceptable. But it wouldn't matter if the forwards weren't like a junior A team in their accuracy. Series not over and Habs traditionally suck at Bell Centre in playoffs anyway. If it's split going back to Ottawa they'll be better. Look at our season. All our best showings were on the road: the 4-1 and 5-2 wins at Toronto, crushing Buffalo 5-1 to clinch a spot, the comeback SO win over Boston, comeback win in Tampa in March. We're cut out to win on the road.

Old
Vinc360

Price better play good tomorrow. No, not good... ****ing great.

Otherwise, god help him.

Old
cupwatcher2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Thank god I'm at the Mooseheads game tomorrow night. I can watch players who actually care.
All they care about is making the big leagues. If they do, they have the same level of care as everyone else.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
Lol at you blind fanboys keep defending the Habs... ''its only One game blablabla'' rofl. The only forwards that are worth something are Eller, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Prust and Maxpac. Rest is ****ing ****. I would move everyone but Subban and Tinordi and revamp our D. Price is so weak mentally, must have been bullied as a child or something. ****ing unreal.
The only players on this team I'd keep are Eller, Gally, Chucky and Subban.

They are the only ones that play 60mins and lead by example.

Old
idk

We stopped playing physical after Eller got hurt, and we stopped being the better team (the power play notwithstanding). Hopefully we can address that before tomorrow night. Even considering all that, its worth noting that the refs did everything in their power to keep Ottawa in it tonight - constantly throwing our guys from the face-off dot, failing to call the rampant interference by the Senators, calling back our goal in the third after Anderson did his second Louganis of the night (and then failing to call back the subsequent Senators goal after Latendresse drove Subban into Price).

Price had a weak game, but at the same time every one of those goals was a redirection (off of Karlsson and Gorges) or a screen (Gorges failed to clear the guy in front) or a combination of a screen, a redirect and Subban sitting on him thanks to Latendresse (the last goal). He should stop some of those, but none of those are truly blame-worthy

With Eller out lines will need to be juggled. Here's how I'd like to see it:

Prust - Plekanec - Gionta: Shutdown line. Play them against Turris and Co.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher: Time for AG to step up to the plate and take the role of an NHL centre. Gallgher's nose for the net and Patches's ability along the boards should make this an effective line.

Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder: The invisible line. I don't like saddling Bourque with Ryder and Desharnais, as he played well tonight, but someone has to play the left wing.

White - Halpern - Moen/Armstrong/Dumont: Energy line. Hit anything in White. Especially Karlsson. If you're on the ice with him (and if you are, hit the bugger and then make a beeline for the bench - you shouldn't be out there against Karlsson)

Defense is a bit trickier. Gorges and Diaz were abysmal, but short of going with Kaberle I don't see any better options available to us. Maybe just some mixing...

Gorges - Subban: I hate putting Gorges here, but what choice do I have? Not much...

Markov - Tinordi: Hopefully the defensive tendencies of Tinordi will allow Markov to cheat offensively a little more. And hopefully Markov's sound positional will let Tinordi step up and crush a few more Sens.

Boullion - Diaz/Weber/Kaberle: Ugh...

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post

I would not be surprised to see Budaj tomorrow nite.
Sadly I would be very surprised.

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

The hate Diaz is getting is laughable.

The guy played horrible tonight AFTER the Eller incident. I knew he was going to be a scapegoat because he is responsible for Eller's injury.

But before that, everyone was praising him.

It's quite clear where his head was after the Eller hit.

That's 100% on Michel Therrien for continuing to play him so much after that. A real coach would have realized how rattled Diaz was and sat him down.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post

Also, when a Hab gets cross-checked from behind it's an automatic dive.

Snow shower penalties are reserved for Habs as well.
Any time a goalie gets breathed on when we score: No goal.
Any time our goalie gets smashed into the net with no chance to make a save: GOOD GOAL.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Why American exactly ?

just seem to be the best at developing goalies these days, that's all.

Old
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Ya his name is Eller and he's currently in the hospital. Him and the 2 kids are what run this team, they lead by example while the vets can **** a hat.
I agree. Eller plays with the most heart of our entire forward corps. I'd be very upset if Gorges was named captain over him. Gorges is a coward and plays like crap after getting his extension. He's not a heart and soul player, he's a "gotta make bank" player. Eller is the man on this team, without him the team shivered in the corner and licked it's wounds.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Montreal is a rough market for players for a reason... we throw players under the bus left and right. Sometimes it is deserved, sometimes it is not.

But if I were a player I would rather play in Dallas (unless I was a goalie, in which case I want nothing to do with Dallas either; Dallas can be every bit as rough on goalies as Montreal) or in Phoenix than in Montreal.
Who cares what people say in message boards or anywhere else for that matter. Boston fans are the same. Leafs fans are the same and so on. And for the other fanbases, instead of showing up and boo to show their displeasure, they don't show up. Which makes less money for the owner to spend on players. The rough market that is Montreal permits the owner and the GM to use every single penny to be a better team. And since it's been since 1993 since we've been relevant, you are god damn right we're a tough market....We're still here though. Cheering as if we'd just won 10 cups in a row.

Old
MarkovsKnee

We're definitely weak at centre now. Galchenyuk will have to be moved there, but he struggles defensively.

We might want to insert Drewiske into the line-up just to get another big body in there. Tinordi didn't play much. I doubt MT sits Gorges, but he totally deserves it. At least Diaz has the excuse of missing more than 1/2 the season.

Two guys on our team who are big, strong and fast, Patches and Moen were invisible. Moen did well on the pk, but Patches has become a serious perimetre player.

The super rookies, Prust and Subban were awesome, as was Eller before he got K.O.ed.

I guess Halpern goes in for Eller, but I'd probably just add Armie. He's more of what we need.

My lines:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Ryder
Bourque - Desharnias - Armstrong
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gally
Moen - White - Gionta

Armie is not a 2nd liner, but he would provide defensive coverage for Bourque and DD, while Gionta deserves 4th line duties right now. I'd bench him for Dumont or Blunden, but you know that is never going to happen.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryder View Post
All they care about is making the big leagues. If they do, they have the same level of care as everyone else.
Only if they become Habs

Old
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
I'm so happy 95% of the posters here have no influence in the decision making process.
We'd have a new team after every single game with these dumb ***** in charge

Old
Hugo Sham

some positives - gally, chucky, prust, PK, tinordi all habs for a long time.
PK subban is ****ing incredible

Old
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Carbo and roy just said that was clean on l'antichambre

Closed Thread