HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
  #101
kernkraft
Registered User
 
kernkraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
I was on the fence, but now I guess I'm now part of the "haters" group.

Losers always have all the excuses in the world. He was weak on 3 out of 4 goals. His team gave him a lead and he was barely tested all night.

On top of losing this team's unofficial #1 center. This does not bode well.

kernkraft is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
  #102
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
The only reason I have any hope for Price is that he played his best right after Halak was traded and he had more pressure on him than possibly any player we've ever had. However, I just don't think he'll ever be great for this team and quite honestly his playoff career has been abysmal.

You have to go back to him for the next game -- this team has no hope of going far with Budaj, but as far as I'm concerned if he doesn't play well this series and we're eliminated in the first round, I would like us to trade him. I think he's young enough that another team would be willing to pay for his potential rather than performance, but if he doesn't turn it around I think the fans will make it impossible for him to succeed here next year and at that point his contract may make him untradeable.

I don't know, maybe I'll feel differently after tomorrow's game, but I have very little confidence in Carey Price right now and I imagine that's probably the same for his teammates. The guy is paid to be our best player and it's been very rare this year that he's been the best goalie on the ice.
I disagree, we win this game with Budaj tonight imo.

habsfanatics* is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:15 PM
  #103
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I disagree, we win this game with Budaj tonight imo.
Oh, I agree with that. I'm just saying that Budaj is not good enough to win a Stanley Cup with. If we have any chance, it's going to be with Price. Unfortunately I don't see that happening, but there's no decision for Therrien to make right now. For better or worse, Carey should get a chance to redeem himself tomorrow.

Sports1131 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
  #104
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Budaj deserves a shot. He's won plenty of games and never once showed this amount of suck.

habsfanatics* is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
  #105
Adriatic
Registered User
 
Adriatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 500
Every top goalie is sharp in these playoffs, except Price. Tonight his team played great, completely dominated the Sens, get him the lead and he craps the bed. A good goalie will bounce back, but please look at Price's history in the playoffs and you know he will be worse tomorrow. This is not for him, it's too much.

Adriatic is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
  #106
walsy37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Price has really sucked the last little while. He certainly has had good streches but his bad goals, which happen often, just deflate the team. He can have an amazing first and keep the team in it - but after he gives up a bad goal or two, the team loses its intensity and the game changes. My opinion is that after he gives it up, the team loses its ability to believe they can win.
I really want him to be successful, not because I like him or because of his draft status - but because if he is successful, the team is and we enjoy it. The issue is that he has not shown that he can win when it counts in the NHL. His PO stats are average at best and since he has come to the Habs, the lone succes we had was with him on the bench. Until he proves that he can win (or even just play well) in the PO and show that he can at least step it up when it counts.

No bigger proof to above than this season, when he played well the team was cruising and everyone was happy. The last two weeks, he has been terrible and the whole team looks lost. Now the POs come and he was terrible. He needs to step it up the rest of the series and not be the cause of being bounced in the 1st round to an inferior team.

walsy37 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:19 PM
  #107
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Oh, I agree with that. I'm just saying that Budaj is not good enough to win a Stanley Cup with. If we have any chance, it's going to be with Price. Unfortunately I don't see that happening, but there's no decision for Therrien to make right now. For better or worse, Carey should get a chance to redeem himself tomorrow.
Back to back games, it's an easy excuse to get budaj in there imo without negatively impacting price. You play whoever gives you a best chance to win, price deserves nothing. This is the montreal canadiens. Not the price Canadiens. If he can't keep the team in games, he shouldn't be playing. I'm not sure where the sense of entitlement comes from. He's been bad, time to play someone who hasn't been.

habsfanatics* is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:20 PM
  #108
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 50
Please guys let's not put Budaj in net tomorrow! God forbid, what happens if he outperform our "Franchise" goalie? We would be out of excuses for him. He just won a well deserved Molson Cup on top of that...


Last edited by the: 05-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.
the is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:27 PM
  #109
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
Price only had to be decent tonight but still managed to crap the bed yet again.

Tonight there is no excuse for his pathetic outing in the 3rd period.

And my god does Desharnais suck, without Eller we are screwed, **** this piece of **** Gryba.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:29 PM
  #110
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Back to back games, it's an easy excuse to get budaj in there imo without negatively impacting price. You play whoever gives you a best chance to win, price deserves nothing. This is the montreal canadiens. Not the price Canadiens. If he can't keep the team in games, he shouldn't be playing. I'm not sure where the sense of entitlement comes from. He's been bad, time to play someone who hasn't been.
Back-to-back means nothing in the playoffs. Every single team would play their #1 guy in this situation. The playoffs are a draining experience -- you don't get to sit out a game to rest. ESPECIALLY after not playing for the previous four days.

Sports1131 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:31 PM
  #111
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,578
vCash: 500
Excuses. They're neverending.

Make a big save when we need it. Stop gifting goals. Look down the mother****ing ice and see what elevating your game looks like.

Excellence, Carey. Deliver. For the love of ****ing God, come on.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #112
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Back-to-back means nothing in the playoffs. Every single team would play their #1 guy in this situation. The playoffs are a draining experience -- you don't get to sit out a game to rest. ESPECIALLY after not playing for the previous four days.
It's not sitting him out for a rest. It's sitting him out because he's sucking under the guise of it being back-to-back games. Budaj should start. Price hasn't played like a number 1 in a month. If Budaj blows, you come back with price in game 3, if budaj is outstanding, you run with it.

habsfanatics* is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #113
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice
 
Habs Icing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
Man, using a high draft pick on a goalie is a terrible idea. Good goaltending isn't hard to find.
Could have fooled me tonight.

Habs Icing is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #114
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 16,559
vCash: 500
That 5-hole needs massive improvement. It's embarassing.

The Russian General is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #115
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
It's not sitting him out for a rest. It's sitting him out because he's sucking under the guise of it being back-to-back games. Budaj should start. Price hasn't played like a number 1 in a month. If Budaj blows, you come back with price in game 3, if budaj is outstanding, you run with it.
I disagree with starting Budaj tomorrow, but my point is simply that if you do the fact that it's a back-to-back game is completely irrelevant. Price and the entire world will know that it's purely because he sucked tonight.

Sports1131 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #116
Hullois
Suck it Trebek
 
Hullois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hull, Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,362
vCash: 250
Price pisses me off so much because I know that tomorrow he could go and steal the game. But when he's off, wow... And he still can't find that consistency

Hullois is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #117
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Trade him for Luongo!!

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
  #118
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
Someone needs to put him in a room and force him to watch highlights of himself- back when he used to play with swagger. Get him some flashy red pads again, I don't care, but get him something to play with that confident swag again because right now he looks like he's just going through the motions.

Beaker is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #119
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Trade him for Luongo!!
Nope. Hypothetically, I bet he could go as part of a package for one of Edmonton's "big 4". Then at the same time you make a decent offer for Luongo using some of those high picks..


I'm hoping he turns it around, but we can't wait forever. If he's hurt, shut him down.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:48 PM
  #120
Gbone
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Oh, I agree with that. I'm just saying that Budaj is not good enough to win a Stanley Cup with. If we have any chance, it's going to be with Price. Unfortunately I don't see that happening, but there's no decision for Therrien to make right now. For better or worse, Carey should get a chance to redeem himself tomorrow.
I think its a mental Game that Price is battling with,I don't know if Price is a praying man but he needs clarity of mind.Budaj can easily take us to the cup because we dont need talent pysical but talent just mental

Gbone is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:48 PM
  #121
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Someone needs to put him in a room and force him to watch highlights of himself- back when he used to play with swagger. Get him some flashy red pads again, I don't care, but get him something to play with that confident swag again because right now he looks like he's just going through the motions.
The red pads made him worse. He needs one solid game under his belt to regain confidence.

habsfanatics* is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  #122
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,371
vCash: 500
Start price tmrw, needs to redeem himself, specifically for weak tying goal.

You can hate all you want on price, but main problem is ****** inexperienced team with a few stars. This is not a competitive team, and half the team would never get min on a real competitive team. Not many people have fully recognized the overachieving this team has done (well at least MB wasn't fooled by this years results, given his stance on trade deadline) this season.

As much as price has been below acceptable, people that are not primarily pretty occupied and heavily influenced by a results oriented philosophy, can fully acknowledge for example what a benefit for any team to have price in nets and also that this team is over performing due to variables that are hard to control (what some call luck, what others call being in a favorable environment).
Want to point out that I'm not saying prices results are fully due to the teams mistakes, I acknowledge that he hasn't been good lately, more a combo of both, basically whole team playing bad, as team. Too many weak links on this team. Next few years will be a joy to watch, not so much now. fans seemed to have built so much expectations over this ridiculously short season, that it seems the only way to deal with a failure is hate. Whether its goalie (who is usually directly correlated with the yes success any given night), or "softness", or designated ****** center of the season.

/rant

Team will bite back and well see a long series and maybe a win to next round. This team has character and big reason why it has out performed for 40 games, despite a pretty weak roster and completely inexperienced depth, if any.

/from phone, so excuse the autocorrect function that I haven't removed yet

uiCk is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  #123
missthenet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
No team would trade a top 3 pick for Price. He's built up a reputation based on smoke and mirrors. He's been absolutely brutal, this last 3 or 4 weeks of netminding has been some of the worst I've ever seen. I understand slumps, players going through bad spells ect, he's been nothing short of disastrous. Terrible, terrible, terrible. One of the best shot differentials in the league and a goalie who is absolutely garbage atm. I don't think he was particularly good be4 the slump either, but during the slump h's taking suck to an all new level.

Every goal is someone trying to justify why it wasn't that bad. Good goalies make key saves. Just because a goal may not have been his fault only doesn't mean he shouldn't be expected to save them from time to time. There's no sign of improvement either, everything looks like an adventure. Beyond terrible.
maybe we could get a top,three pick if yo comne his rodeo skills with his goalending skills? He loks lke he has completely lost his concentration. Handling the puck is an adventure, he is always on his knees and has no rebound control. Maybe we need a new goalie coach?

missthenet is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
  #124
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
If he craps the bed in this series i think he is done in mtl to be honest and i wouldn't grieve him much he was never the difference between us having a good or a bad team.

They are a lots of goalie that can do a similar job to him without all that crazy hype surrounding him.

I'm starting to hate him and i don't like it.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:53 PM
  #125
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Evan as a Leafs fan, it pains me to see what's happening to Price. I've always been a huge supporter of the guy but at this time, it's impossible to defend his play. I was really hoping he'd be ready to tend the pipes next year in Sochi. Hope he really turns it around between now and then.

TonsofPuppies* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.