HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR @ WSH Game I: An Implosion Of Modest Proportions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2013, 09:34 PM
  #126
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
I don't mind losing if the referees didn't have to play such a hand in it. Do they rotate the refs every game?
Rangers couldn't capitalize on the PP. Some calls were weak though

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:34 PM
  #127
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
well team traded gaborik to hand pick a team 'built to win in the playoffs'

still cant score in playoffs. Gaborik ppg vs. Caps last year.

Yes I'm still bitter.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #128
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,628
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Now, I didn't get to watch the game, just listen, but I assume he was still being use on the powerplay to... you know, play offense.

That's obviously not his fault, but if Torts is being stupid, Girardi has to recognize that and tell Tortorella to take him off the powerplay
Pretty much. But the fact that he's being used on it tells you a lot about how things are ran there.

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #129
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Nash and Cally in front of the net on the PP. Moore's reviewed shot. Nash just missing the top corner. Nash with stickhandling in front of the net. Stepan's 3rd attempt after two blocks.

There were plenty. I didn't even list them all.
I disagree with you in saying Holtby outplayed Lundqvist. The Caps had MANY more quality scoring chances than we did, and Hank made saves on a majority of them. The goals that were scored were unfortunate, but they weren't blatant soft goals by any means.

Its less a matter of which goalie outplayed each other, and more the fact that our inept offense/power play can't put a puck in the net beyond a fluke bounce off the opponents skate.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #130
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
I miss Staal so bad. Still wearing his jersey to every game (and I have many others)

I'm a bit saddened how underrated he is by some people here
Our best defenseman by a mile.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #131
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Which brings me to the Moore non-goal. Apparently no one in Toronto reviewing maybe goals has ever taken a physics course. The puck was in Holtby's glove. Holtby's entire glove was in the net. Sam and Joe arguing that there was no definitive evidence that the puck crossed the line makes them look like a couple yokels for the second time tonight. Whatever the league thinks the call defies science and apparently one can conclude that Micheletti for one at the U. of Minnesota never took a physics course either. I wonder what Sam's excuse is.
You do realize that the guys in Toronto are only allowed visual evidence, right? If they see the puck go into Holtby's glove and then Holtby's glove was in the net: goal. That's not what happened. The puck was never in Holtby's glove until the play was over. It was in his pants.

A response to a rant.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #132
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Holtby should go buy a lottery ticket after that game with the luck he had. Crossbar, us missing the net every quality chance, taking that extra second to shoot and letting the Caps block it, and the no goal call that was probably a goal but no way of proving it. He was lucky. We were the better team for the second and third period. It just started snowballing. Lucky bounce for Ovechkin, breakaway that was a **** shot that Hank stops 9/10 times and then the weakest goal Hank as ever given up in the playoffs (token Jason Chimera goal).

It just goes to show how important Hank is. When he's not his best, we don't win. And it really is that cut and dry with this group.

Let's hope they come out on fire Saturday and catch the Caps by surprise.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #133
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
I don't see how people are complaining about Kreider. I thought he was one of the better players in the 3rd.

Definitely a good number of guys I'd put ahead of him on the "Who played badly" list

JohnC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #134
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
A rant.

FWIW the Asham penalty was ********. It led to Washington's first goal. Sometimes I find our broadcasting team to be very annoying. Instead of out and out saying that the referee making that call ****ed up big time they make excuses for him--in this case comparing the Asham call to the boarding call given to Beagle in the first period. The reason Beagle got called was for hitting someone after an icing--something frowned on by the league for good reason--injuries from such plays--particularly concussions. There was no comparison and it was a **** call.

Which brings me to the Moore non-goal. Apparently no one in Toronto reviewing maybe goals has ever taken a physics course. The puck was in Holtby's glove. Holtby's entire glove was in the net. Sam and Joe arguing that there was no definitive evidence that the puck crossed the line makes them look like a couple yokels for the second time tonight. Whatever the league thinks the call defies science and apparently one can conclude that Micheletti for one at the U. of Minnesota never took a physics course either. I wonder what Sam's excuse is.

Both of them shilling for the league.
Replay rules are pretty specific, the puck has to be seen over the goal line.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  #135
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Too bad we can't play offense. Too much pass... wide....
Well that's obvious. We are the New York Rangers.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #136
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
well team traded gaborik to hand pick a team 'built to win in the playoffs'

still cant score in playoffs. Gaborik ppg vs. Caps last year.

Yes I'm still bitter.
Gaborik's goals vs. everyone last year. Too bad it's this year. He's not the same player.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #137
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I disagree with you in saying Holtby outplayed Lundqvist. The Caps had MANY more quality scoring chances than we did, and Hank made saves on a majority of them. The goals that were scored were unfortunate, but they weren't blatant soft goals by any means.

Its less a matter of which goalie outplayed each other, and more the fact that our inept offense/power play can't put a puck in the net beyond a fluke bounce off the opponents skate.
Because your opponent has nothing to do with the outcome of the game?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #138
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I don't see how people are complaining about Kreider. I thought he was one of the better players in the 3rd.

Definitely a good number of guys I'd put ahead of him on the "Who played badly" list
he is the new whipping boy

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #139
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
well team traded gaborik to hand pick a team 'built to win in the playoffs'

still cant score in playoffs. Gaborik ppg vs. Caps last year.

Yes I'm still bitter.
LOL the man is in the hospital getting abdominal surgery do you honestly think he would've made a difference at this point in time?

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #140
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Our best defenseman by a mile.
Carolina bound

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #141
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Gaborik's goals vs. everyone last year. Too bad it's this year. He's not the same player.
Torn labrum and still our best forward (along with BR) in that series.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #142
Machinehead
Moderator
Girardi's Corgi
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Land of no Defense
Country: United States
Posts: 47,761
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I disagree with you in saying Holtby outplayed Lundqvist. The Caps had MANY more quality scoring chances than we did, and Hank made saves on a majority of them. The goals that were scored were unfortunate, but they weren't blatant soft goals by any means.

Its less a matter of which goalie outplayed each other, and more the fact that our inept offense/power play can't put a puck in the net beyond a fluke bounce off the opponents skate.
But the Caps didn't have more chances than we did. Not by any means.

Hank could give up 13 goals from beyond the blueline and you would still say it's everyone's fault but his.

Holtby was better tonight. No unbiased is going to look at that game and say otherwise. It was clear as day.

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #143
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,531
vCash: 500
We seriously, seriously need to learn one timers and it would be lovely to have someone with a booming shot. I'd gladly do a swap with Del Zaster and Subban.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #144
SA16
Sixstring
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
It wasn't a goal.
Do they intend on actually showing this mystery replay that showed the puck not in or are they going to just make this statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Can we stop complaining about the refs?

If this team was good enough it could have overcome it.
Stating facts about the refs is not complaining about them. It is a fact that the call on Asham was extremely soft. And also that Stralman was taken down before the second goal with no call. Not complaining about it. Just stating it as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
But the Caps didn't have more chances than we did. Not by any means.

Hank could give up 13 goals from beyond the blueline and you would still say it's everyone's fault but his.

Holtby was better tonight. No unbiased is going to look at that game and say otherwise. It was clear as day.
If Holtby was better tonight (not saying he was or wasn't) then we should be happy with this game because
1. It's highly unlikely he will play as good as he did for the remainder of the series.
2. The fact that Holtby was able to outplay Hank indicates that we had a large number of good scoring chances that he made great saves on or he wouldn't have even had the opportunity to play so well.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #145
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,628
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Well that's obvious. We are the New York Rangers.
This is why we won't win. The offensive structure isn't there. The players that can do it are. The strat isn't. No chemistry/structure except for Derek and Carl.

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  #146
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
LOL the man is in the hospital getting abdominal surgery do you honestly think he would've made a difference at this point in time?
Yeah, he's proven he'll play with one shoulder. He's bat **** crazy.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #147
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
But the Caps didn't have more chances than we did. Not by any means.

Hank could give up 13 goals from beyond the blueline and you would still say it's everyone's fault but his.

Holtby was better tonight. No unbiased is going to look at that game and say otherwise. It was clear as day.
Exactly. And none of that is really to say that Lundqvist played poorly. Holtby just played better.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #148
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
We are way too small without Clowe, Staal and Boyle.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #149
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,062
vCash: 500
The Rangers won each of the game 1s of their three series last year. They lost each game 2.

I won't be sweating until such a time as we're down 2 games. They have to win on Saturday and bring it back to MSG even.

As I said before, both of these teams have a distinct statistical advantage on home ice.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #150
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
We seriously, seriously need to learn one timers and it would be lovely to have someone with a booming shot. I'd gladly do a swap with Del Zaster and Subban.
I would hope everyone would do that, but yeah, they need to work on one timers. Richards has used them well in the past - I don't know what happened to that skill for him.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.