HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
You really think Price will get moved anytime soon? Seriously do you really think that?

Blues score with 50 secs left.. Lead 2-1.
Sadly, the number of people that think that is huge. Mario Tremblay even said that on radio...It's ridiculous really...

Old
05-02-2013, 11:15 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
To reply to you - after watching the hit more, I do see the contact to the head. He was definitely out before hitting the ice.

However, because it wasn't the principal point of contact - it's still clean, unfortunately.

And Gryba sucks. I hope they don't suspend him because he's one of the defenseman we can make look really bad.
I have yet to see a video where it's possible to tell where the shoulder hits exactly. I'm very doubtful that he hit the body/shoulder then followed through so hard and then hit the head and somehow knocked him out cold. That usually only happens on a direct hit to the head. But I won't claim that I know for sure since I haven't been able to find a single video that shows it clearly. It's always from way too far, and with such an angle that you can't see where the shoulder hits exactly.

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
But this is still retarded... This kind of mindset... I can't even...
What's retarded? The hit was clean. Gryba sucks.

Unless you mean the NHL's rulebook, then yes - if you want to take hitting out of the game, it's retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I have yet to see a video where it's possible to tell where the shoulder hits exactly. I'm very doubtful that he hit the body/shoulder then followed through so hard and then hit the head and somehow knocked him out cold. That usually only happens on a direct hit to the head. But I won't claim that I know for sure since I haven't been able to find a single video that shows it clearly. It's always from way too far, and with such an angle that you can't see where the shoulder hits exactly.
The principal point of contact was the body/mid-section. There's a video on TSN with Kerry Fraser.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/918384/clip/400

Old
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The team died after the Eller incident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I agree. Totally deflated.
Not sure I completely buy this...they still managed to take the lead on the PP. The building was rocking. We were in control.

Then the 5 on 3 PP happened and it all went downhill from there.

Old
Traitor8

Quote:
Habs defense, like Price, was awful in the 3rd from the get go. Couldn't get out of our zone. Though I expect people to put the blame on only one these as it is a lot easier to do.

Also, the team has no energy after he was injured. Sure scored on the PP, but didn't look in it the rest of the way.
Yeah team was totally deflated ..I mean after the hit, they just scored a goal and got 27 shots in the 2nd period ..but ya totally deflated!

Old
Habs

It should be against the law to sing that stupid 'ole' song at any point in the game. Bloody jinxes this team every time.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:16 PM
habtastic

There is no record of this on video apparently on the net, but when Mclaren delivered the cheapshot to Zednik in 2002, I distinctly remember what Theodore said after game 6 (which I was at, still have the towel, amazing). He basically said once that happened, he was determined to avenge Zednik. This is the most memorable moment of that series:

Read the scores from that series. Theo was incredible against a higher seeded Boston team.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stan...ns-bruins.html

"Canadiens oust top-seeded Bruins
Jose Theodore and the Montreal Canadiens countered Kyle McLaren's blow on Richard Zednik the best way they could -- with a knockout punch. "

Carey...follow suit. We need leaders to step up big time. No excuses.

Also...yeah, that wasn't a great goal Quick gave up just now to cost them the game despite playing lights out. THAT'S how hard the playoffs are. Those are the standards.

Old
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Sadly, the number of people that think that is huge. Mario Tremblay even said that on radio...It's ridiculous really...
If he plays like **** this playoffs, it's time to move him.

It's been 8 years since we drafted him and he's getting payed 6.5 m $. You better trade him soon before his value goes lower and we are stuck with him

Old
beaverBFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
This is Price's last chance with the Habs. We have been patient, we've been told about his elite potential. Now is the time to show up or gtfo. Take notes from Anderson.
Lol what a disgraceful post, I'm embarrassed for you.. Most teams would drool over the chance of getting price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
If he plays like **** this playoffs, it's time to move him.

It's been 8 years since we drafted him and he's getting payed 6.5 m $. You better trade him soon before his value goes lower and we are stuck with him
Ill add you into this as well, embarrassing..

Old
05-02-2013, 11:17 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
HUSH. Don't you know that's Therrien's fault?!
Found an NHL coach yet? Top goal scorer removed from top scoring line and demoted to 3rd line.

Old
Andy

Quote:
Yeah team was totally deflated ..I mean after the hit, they just scored a goal and got 27 shots in the 2nd period ..but ya totally deflated!
5 minutes of PP, scored one, looked awful the rest of the way with the 5 on 3 being nothing short of an embarrassed. The team was flat in the 3rd from the puck drop and only woke up when the sense took the lead.

Old
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Is markov tired or exposed? Been a while since he played this many games...
Markov was our second best D tonight.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:18 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Markov was our second best D tonight.
Surprisingly, Bouillon was.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
5 minutes of PP, scored one, looked awful the rest of the way with the 5 on 3 being nothing short of an embarrassed. The team was flat in the 3rd from the puck drop and only woke up when they lost the lead.
The game was lost when Price decided to let everything in. It wasn't the players, it was Price.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
The game was lost when Price decided to let everything in. It wasn't the players, it was Price.
Sure wtv you say.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:20 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
This is Price's last chance with the Habs. We have been patient, we've been told about his elite potential. Now is the time to show up or gtfo. Take notes from Anderson.
uhh..isnt anderson like 5/6 years older? maybe we can trade price and a 1st to nyr for lundqvist...i hear he had a bad famr tonight too!

Old
05-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Surprisingly, Bouillon was.
I don't agree tbh, he made way too many mistakes out there.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:21 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Not sure I completely buy this...they still managed to take the lead on the PP. The building was rocking. We were in control.

Yup if the Habs could've scored there to get a 2 goal lead it might've been a different game.. I'm getting really tired of all the PP time that Gionta and DD get and yet they never do squat out there.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
uhh..isnt anderson like 5/6 years older? maybe we can trade price and a 1st to nyr for lundqvist...i hear he had a bad famr tonight too!
There's a big difference though - Lundqvist is the reason the Rangers are in the playoffs. Price was just part of the cog here in Montreal this year.

Lundqvist's SV% was still 30 points higher than Price tonight.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:22 PM
E = CH²

Quote:

The principal point of contact was the body/mid-section. There's a video on TSN with Kerry Fraser.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/918384/clip/400
First good view I see of it.

It's as I suspected, the shoulder hits the head first.

Right before Fraser pauses the video to show where the contact is, watch Eller's head snap backward. Just 0.2 sec before he pauses it (EDIT: It's at 36-37 sec). the contact occurs 0.2 sec before he pauses it. It's pretty clear that the head is the first point of contact. Wow that video is incredibly dishonest.

The second view from behind you can't see anything. It's worthless.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Habs defense, like Price, was awful in the 3rd from the get go. Couldn't get out of our zone. Though I expect people to put the blame on only one these as it is a lot easier to do.

Also, the team has no energy after he was injured. Sure scored on the PP, but didn't look in it the rest of the way.
Let me know how the defense prevented Price from making 2 routine saves. They didn't, they shook their heads and gave up.

Granted, the Habs did not come out with any fire in the third initially but Ottawa scored on non-dangerous plays. Even Ottawa players were smirking at how easy it was.

Once again it's the playoffs and Price is outplayed at the other end of the rink.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
Lol what a disgraceful post, I'm embarrassed for you.. Most teams would drool over the chance of getting price.

Ill add you into this as well, embarrassing..
I think it's more embarassing to lose another playoff round because of your golden boy. It's been 8 years since he got drafted. Stop babying him. It's playoff time and he's getting payed like a star!

Old
05-02-2013, 11:25 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
First good view I see of it.

It's as I suspected, the shoulder hits the head first.

Right before Fraser pauses the video to show where the contact is, watch Eller's head snap backward. Just 0.2 sec before he pauses it (EDIT: It's at 36-37 sec). the contact occurs 0.2 sec before he pauses it. It's pretty clear that the head is the first point of contact. Wow that video is incredibly dishonest.

The second view from behind you can't see anything. It's worthless.
I don't see it like you do, but to each their own.

All that matters now is that Lars gets healthy.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:26 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

I actually think even after the 5 on 3 we kept pushing. We kept pushing until it was 4-3. That was the one Price clearly shouldn't have given a rebound on. Absolutely no reason to. We had almost half a period left at 3-2 and were coming on strong to try to tie it. Something tells me Lars would have made the difference.

Also, Price isn't going anywhere and though he cost us the game tonight, he still might win us the series.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:26 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
I don't see it like you do, but to each their own.

All that matters now is that Lars gets healthy.
Look at 36 sec, then at 37 right before he pauses it. Watch Eller's head. Common, you don't see it ?

Closed Thread