HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

UFA Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Preddownsouth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
Good point but you either get something for him now or you get nothing for him after next season. If Poile is serious about adding to this team for next season then I would move him now. Clearing the cap space alone will be helpfull if we are going after 2-3 guys in free agency.

I know some say why clear the cap space when we are not even close to the cap right now but if you sign one guy at 4-5m a year and then another at 3-4m a year along with the raise Josi will be getting soon it will start to creap closer and closer to that point. I honestly never want to see the team spend right to the cap. I just want them to start spending close to it (within 3m).
Yeah I think Josi gets 3 yrs 10mill total.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Persona5

vCash: 700
To put thing into perspective we have 13 players signed that project to be on our NHL roster right now. We will be 18m under the cap as it stands.

This is without Josi, Spaling, Yip, Halischuk, Butler, Bartley, Blum, or Mason signed.

Around 3m per year for Josi

Around 1,250m per for Spaling

Around 1,500m for a back-up goalie

Around 800k for Bartley

Around 850k for Yip

Around 750k for Butler

So now we have 19 players signed and we have about 10m left in cap room.

Now if Forsberg and Barkov(or whoever we get 4th) make the team that will be another 3.5M of cap space gone.

Now we are left with 6.5M in cap space and still need a depth d-man and a 2nd line pairing mate for Klein.

Say you get someone decent to pair with Klein for 3.5m. You are now down to 3M in cap room.

That 3m that SK is making sounds like a number you would really want to move now doesn't it. Moving him for a whatever draft pick would bring us back to 6m under the cap and enough money to get a Roy, Stalberg, or comparable player.

I know there a alot of if this and if that in here but you can see my point. The cap is going down and we have over 14m spent on just 2 players. Having guys like SK/Smith making the kind of money they will be making next season and not producing will not work.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Preds33

Quote:
To put thing into perspective we have 13 players signed that project to be on our NHL roster right now. We will be 18m under the cap as it stands.

This is without Josi, Spaling, Yip, Halischuk, Butler, Bartley, Blum, or Mason signed.

Around 3m per year for Josi

Around 1,250m per for Spaling

Around 1,500m for a back-up goalie

Around 800k for Bartley

Around 850k for Yip

Around 750k for Butler

So now we have 19 players signed and we have about 10m left in cap room.

Now if Forsberg and Barkov(or whoever we get 4th) make the team that will be another 3.5M of cap space gone.

Now we are left with 6.5M in cap space and still need a depth d-man and a 2nd line pairing mate for Klein.

Say you get someone decent to pair with Klein for 3.5m. You are now down to 3M in cap room.

That 3m that SK is making sounds like a number you would really want to move now doesn't it. Moving him for a whatever draft pick would bring us back to 6m under the cap and enough money to get a Roy, Stalberg, or comparable player.

I know there a alot of if this and if that in here but you can see my point. The cap is going down and we have over 14m spent on just 2 players. Having guys like SK/Smith making the kind of money they will be making next season and not producing will not work.
Do you really think Yip and Butler will be back? I personally don't see both returning. Out of these 2, I'd rather see Butler.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Do you really think Yip and Butler will be back? I personally don't see both returning. Out of these 2, I'd rather see Butler.
Both may not be back next season but their salary isn't really that high anyways. We may have lost the 4.5m that Marty would have been paid but the cap is going down 5.8m and with Horny and josi due decent raises the cap will be more in play for us than it has in the past.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
glenngineer

I haven't seen anyone mention David Clarkson. Would bring size, some scoring and a whole lot of toughness to our roster. Doubt he leaves NJ but would be a nice addition IMO.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention David Clarkson. Would bring size, some scoring and a whole lot of toughness to our roster. Doubt he leaves NJ but would be a nice addition IMO.
I second this ... him with Barkov & Forsberg ... *drools*

Old
05-02-2013, 10:48 PM
thecloser

what about filppula? or however you spell it.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:52 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
no .. and no to clarkson

Old
05-02-2013, 10:52 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
In an awesome world, I'd love to see Vincent Lecavalier bought out and signed by us.
only if legwand outscores him but is a minus 20

Old
05-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Been the guy I've wanted for awhile. Believe he will surprise many moving out of the shadows of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Clarkson will be overpaid, but would add good size, sandpaper, and a scoring touch if acquired this summer.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding other for the right deal...

Old
05-02-2013, 11:31 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Been the guy I've wanted for awhile. Believe he will surprise many moving out of the shadows of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Clarkson will be overpaid, but would add good size, sandpaper, and a scoring touch if acquired this summer.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding other for the right deal...
the right deal. we will have to overpay like a mug.. we all know that. with the cap going down and some guys getting raises, we don't have as much room as we like to think.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:37 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
the right deal. we will have to overpay like a mug.. we all know that. with the cap going down and some guys getting raises, we don't have as much room as we like to think.
but probably more than a lot of teams who were already cap teams this year..

Old
05-03-2013, 12:34 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
but probably more than a lot of teams who were already cap teams this year..
definitely.. but then again, are we a cap team? i have no reason to think we are. we don't have the luxury to overpay like big markets do in july.. which i think has partly been a blessing. i don't see a single guy i want to overpay for.

no legitimate first line forward or guy to slot in with klein.. not too big on streit.. best way to add will be trade or as you stated through the teams with zero space and getting guys after a buy out..

Old
05-03-2013, 06:48 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
definitely.. but then again, are we a cap team? i have no reason to think we are. we don't have the luxury to overpay like big markets do in july.. which i think has partly been a blessing. i don't see a single guy i want to overpay for.

no legitimate first line forward or guy to slot in with klein.. not too big on streit.. best way to add will be trade or as you stated through the teams with zero space and getting guys after a buy out..
we wouldn't necessarily have been a cap team had the cap kept rising but I could see us spending pretty close to 64 going forward

Old
05-03-2013, 09:54 AM
deanwormer

for those worrying about pushing up against the cap, we won't for one simple reason - DP is going after the Fs but not a Dman. We may pick up this year's Hannan, but we aren't going after a 2nd pair guy unless we do some trading, which would have to include unloading SK and moving either Blum or Ellis. Otherwise, we're going in with the D we got and see what kinda' growth we get outta' the 4 youngsters.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Byrddog

Over the years DP has always said he likes to keep a cushion for a pickup at the trade deadline. So 61 or 62 would be tops for what he commits to.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
for those worrying about pushing up against the cap, we won't for one simple reason - DP is going after the Fs but not a Dman. We may pick up this year's Hannan, but we aren't going after a 2nd pair guy unless we do some trading, which would have to include unloading SK and moving either Blum or Ellis. Otherwise, we're going in with the D we got and see what kinda' growth we get outta' the 4 youngsters.
Then you may not see much improvement over this year's result.

As long as Blum or Ellis get any reasonable amount of icetime, as long as Bartley's thrown in above his head, there will continue to be issues.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:32 AM
AintLifeGrand

Would like to have Filppula and Cervenka added

Cervenka 2 years 6 mil
Filppula- 4 years - 16 mil

Assuming Barkov makes it and Forsberg is in the A

Wilson- Fisher-Hornqvist
Filppula-Barkov-Cervenka
Bouque-Legwand-Butler
Clune-Goose-Halischuk

That is a legit team

Extra: Bang

Yip, Spaling, let go

SK79 and Craig Smith traded for bag of pucks

Old
05-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post

Cervenka 2 years 6 mil

Wilson- Fisher-Hornqvist
Filppula-Barkov-Cervenka
Bouque-Legwand-Butler
Clune-Goose-Halischuk

That is a legit team

Yip, Spaling, let go

Not really a fan of Cervenka at all. Filpula would be great. I hope we keep Spaling and Smith around.

Old
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Cervenka is Czech for "Craig Smith."

Zero defense, floats like a cloud.

Old
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
He said it was obvious we needed more experience on the blueline, so, yeah, well there's that.

Old
05-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post

Cervenka 2 years 6 mil

Wilson- Fisher-Hornqvist
Filppula-Barkov-Cervenka
Bouque-Legwand-Butler
Clune-Goose-Halischuk

That is a legit team

Yip, Spaling, let go

Your not going to get Filppula for 4 years $16 million. Detroit already offered him 6 years $27 million and that was turned down try more like 5 years $25million or 5 years $27.5 million to sign Filppula. If Filpuula would take 4 years at $16 million he would resign back with Detroit.

Old
05-03-2013, 02:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Your not going to get Filppula for 4 years $16 million. Detroit already offered him 6 years $27 million and that was turned down try more like 5 years $25million or 5 years $27.5 million to sign Filppula. If Filpuula would take 4 years at $16 million he would resign back with Detroit.
Yuck. He's only touched 20 goals once in his career. Not interested at all for that price. With the cap falling, not sure many teams would be.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yuck. He's only touched 20 goals once in his career. Not interested at all for that price. With the cap falling, not sure many teams would be.
I really think he is worth that much. He is strong on faceoffs and very good on both ends of the ice. I would love it if we were able to sign him. I would put him as our top line center in a second.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:32 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
I really think he is worth that much. He is strong on faceoffs and very good on both ends of the ice. I would love it if we were able to sign him. I would put him as our top line center in a second.
Not me. Outside of last season (which he was awesome), he hasn't done much to show me he's worth $5+ a year.

Closed Thread