HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Nashville

Old
05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandToeyJoey View Post
Weber's a franchise defence man and will never leave the team.

I proposed this trade in another thread but I'll throw it in this one as it includes both teams. If Forsberg needs a player to play with, one with finesse WHILE having the chance to draft a bigger winger for him to play with in the top 10; I thought this proposal will help both teams as it also gives the chance to trade Gagner (if the Oilers decide to draft 2C Barkov)

To NSH:

EDM 2013 1st (7th ovr.)
EDM 2013 2nd
RW, Ales Hemsky

To EDM:

NSH 2013 1st (4th ovr.)

Would that be an alright trade? If NSH say no, throw in ANA 2013 2nd?
While the value is there, and historically this would be a vast overpayment, we really need a franchise center and Barkov could be exactly that.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandToeyJoey View Post
Weber's a franchise defence man and will never leave the team.

I proposed this trade in another thread but I'll throw it in this one as it includes both teams. If Forsberg needs a player to play with, one with finesse WHILE having the chance to draft a bigger winger for him to play with in the top 10; I thought this proposal will help both teams as it also gives the chance to trade Gagner (if the Oilers decide to draft 2C Barkov)

To NSH:

EDM 2013 1st (7th ovr.)
EDM 2013 2nd
RW, Ales Hemsky

To EDM:

NSH 2013 1st (4th ovr.)

Would that be an alright trade? If NSH say no, throw in ANA 2013 2nd?
Pretty sure Nashville has their hearts set on Barkov. He would do well there and possibly give them that elusive no. 1 center. Plus I can't see them wanting Hemsky after getting rid of Erat.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Pekka Rinne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Give it a rest, Nashville is'nt trading there Franchise player for garbage like this. Petrys not that great sorry Eberle and Petry dont bring to the Preds nearly the value that Weber has It would cost Edmonton way more then this.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Even if he was available (which he's not), its a VERY easy no for Nashville. The trade value simply isnt there.

None of Edmontons "big 4" come all that close to Weber in value.... And your proposal is centered around the least valuable of the big 4? Come on, get real.

Weber is a perennial Norris contender, top 2-3 at his position in the world, and probably considered the 6th-7th best player in the world. Eberle does have decent value, but not nearly enough to land Weber, and the other pieces dont make up for it.

Legitimately, I think he'd be worth Hall + Kefbom + 2013 1st, maybe more. So upgrades Eberle to Hall, upgrades Petry to Kefbom, and upgrades the 2014 1st to the 2013 one. And it doesnt matter if you as an Edmonton fan think its too much, Edmonton isnt the team setting the price, Nashville is. And they would want something a lot closer to that proposal than to the OP proposal. Even then, theyre trading a top 10 player in the world for three pieces, all of which are almost guaranteed to not be as good.,

I'll assume you aren't David Poile so how would you as a fan legitimately know what they would ask for?

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:58 PM
herashak

vCash: 50
if im nashville im asking for 2 of the oilers big 5 (yak and schultz) and another piece (2014 1st)

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:19 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Give it a rest, Nashville is'nt trading there Franchise player for garbage like this. Petrys not that great sorry Eberle and Petry dont bring to the Preds nearly the value that Weber has It would cost Edmonton way more then this.
Wrong and highly disrespectful in one post. Well done sir

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:29 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Brian Campbell's not a #1 Dman. At best, he's a #2, and would/does need a strong defensive partner.

I loved Soupy in Chicago.. but he's not a #1 Dman. He's great transitionally, good offensively and at best average defensively.

If Campbell really was a #1 Dman, 7.14M wouldn't have been that big a deal.. but he wasn't, so it was.
He most definitely was in Florida last year

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:32 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
Wrong and highly disrespectful in one post. Well done sir
any thread suggesting the Preds trade should or would Weber deserves nothing but derisive responses, ridicule, and scorn.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:38 PM
vespa99

I think when you look at trades now you have to look at the contracts involved also. It seems to me Webbers contract brings his value down a bit. Just look at Loooo in Van. He is a good goalie but his contract makes him nearly untradeable. Now before you all freak out Webber is not in that situation exactly, But his contract is a minus for sure in a cap world. Nearly 8 mil in cap hit till he is 40 is a pretty big and long hit.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:40 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
any thread suggesting the Preds trade should or would Weber deserves nothing but derisive responses, ridicule, and scorn.
No it does not.
Webber is great but he is not Bobby Orr. Lots of players better than Webber have been traded so to pretend or assume it could never happen is nave and just not very smart.

Old
05-03-2013, 02:53 AM
oilwings

If Weber is being traded it would cost the Oilers something like the following.

Eberle
Smid
Hemsky
2014 1st
2015 1st

If the Oilers continue to lose after making the trade then the 2014 pick might be Ekblad and 2015 pick might be McDavid.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 07:24 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
No it does not.
Webber is great but he is not Bobby Orr. Lots of players better than Webber have been traded so to pretend or assume it could never happen is nave and just not very smart.
While true, I'd assume if there was a ton of threads offering, say

Hornqvist
2014 1st
Blum

for

Hall

...we'd see similar responses, and deservedly so.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 07:55 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
I'll assume you aren't David Poile so how would you as a fan legitimately know what they would ask for?
I'll give you a 7th round pick for Taylor Hall.

You're not allowed to say anything though, because you're not Craig MacTavish, so how would you know that he wouldn't accept that trade? ...

Use your brain, we can make educated guesses as to what Weber would cost in a trade. The fact that every single Nashville fan and every non-Edmonton fan thinks this is a terrible deal for Nashville, is indicative that it was a bad proposal.

Good proposals on HFBoards typically have at least a decent % of people from both fanbases agreeing to the trade (though there's still a decent % of all fanbases that essentially won't agree to anything, because they significantly overvalue everything their team has).

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Shut up.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
thinlizzy

I don't think Webber is going anywhere, especially if he has stated he wants to be part of the rebuild.

thinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:45 AM
zeus3007*

This kills Edmonton's rebuild. It moves them forward slightly, but not enough to make me consider doing this move. Eberle + is a pretty significant package, but adding Petry and our first? Ridiculous. That said, Weber is untouchable anyway, so Nashville doesn't do it either, it just makes no sense to pay that much for Weber from Edmonton.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I think when you look at trades now you have to look at the contracts involved also. It seems to me Webbers contract brings his value down a bit. Just look at Loooo in Van. He is a good goalie but his contract makes him nearly untradeable. Now before you all freak out Webber is not in that situation exactly, But his contract is a minus for sure in a cap world. Nearly 8 mil in cap hit till he is 40 is a pretty big and long hit.

Weber

Come on, you don't even know his name?

The point is that we have no reason to move him, at all, barring a massive overpayment. AKA not this.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
So? He wasn't a #1 defenseman on Chicago.

The guy who said teams don't free up cap space by trading their best players is right.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Predsrule

Why are there so many weber to edm trades everyone ends up the same...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
preds1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
If Weber is being traded........
He's not.

Good grief people.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:41 PM
roboninja
EYG

I was hoping this would not be about Weber. But it is, so I'll just reiterate: Weber is possibly in the top 5 least-likely-to-be-moved players in the NHL, mainly because of his contract structure as dictated by the Philly offer sheet.

I consider Weber threads to be on the same level as Malkin trade threads. Fun if you are approaching it as an absolutely theoretical exercise, but pointless otherwise.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:50 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
And then this year, there were rumors that Florida was trying to unload his contract.

Being the #1 Dman, on a team headlined by Garrison (#3/4), Weaver(#5/6), Kulikov(#3/4), Jovanovski(#5/6), Gudbranson(#4/5) and Ellerby(#5/6) isn't that impressive.

Brian Campbell would be a top-pairing Dman on a lot of teams. But he would not be a #1 Dman. He doesn't play a well-rounded enough game to warrant that title.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:36 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
No way Nashville does this. Maybe something like:

To Nashville:
Eberle
7th overall pick in 2013(Monahan)
Petry
2014 1st round pick

They then have Barkov, Monahan, Eberle, Forsberg... I wouldnt want the Oilers to do that though. They would be pretty screwed upfront
There is an over payment then there is crazy over payment and that is what this is. You are not going to get two 1st round picks. 2013 yes 2014 no. Name the last player that got that much. When making a deal it has to be fair to both teams and that is just crazy. I know otherwise we will just keep him, fine keep him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
There is an over payment then there is crazy over payment and that is what this is. You are not going to get two 1st round picks. 2013 yes 2014 no. Name the last player that got that much. When making a deal it has to be fair to both teams and that is just crazy. I know otherwise we will just keep him, fine keep him.
They're not looking to make a deal, that's why it has to be a crazy overpayment...

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Nashville essentially turned down 4 first round picks for him.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote