HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF // Game 2 // LA Kings @ St. Louis Blues

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 11:45 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

vCash: 500
I bet the writers at NHL.com have been sitting on this pun for a while.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Hitch says Elliott is fine.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:48 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Hitch says Elliott is fine.
Good news! It didn't look terrible, but you can do some serious damage just by falling over awkwardly like that.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Wow. Just wow. I said Kings in 4 or 5 so I'm giddy to be wrong. I did not think the Blues had this in them against a team like that. The Blues possibly/probably stole one the Kings had an edge in tonight, but it was kind of an earned steal if that makes sense. And Game 1 was incredibly more lopsided than this one.

All bets are off now. I didn't think they had this emotional level in them; in fairness it had never been seen by this team or any Blues team so three decades-plus of conditioning will do that to you. But damn.

I realize there are shots being taken at me for the Bouw stuff in this thread. He's been good. Not great, good. Which is good. But the Kings convert that time they worked him along the halfwall in the third, steal the puck and walk in with three guys all of a sudden with a glorious scoring chance can be attributed to Elliott saving Bouw's ass, because he'd have been a goat if not for that.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Candyman

Just caught the 3rd period after work, Blues really need to finish better or I feel like it's really going to be haunting... Lots of chances for only 2 goals, and it was like that in the first game too. but glad to see them up 2-0

Old
05-02-2013, 11:54 PM
taylord22

Go Ducks! Wow

Old
05-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
You were saying the same thing about Elliott before the Blues added Leopold and Bouwmeester.

Not to take anything away from him but Elliott is getting some major help from the players around him in this series. They are clearing most second chance opportunities and moving the puck up ice in a hurry.

Halak, if healthy, could play well behind this D and forward group. I'm only worried if the forwards stop back checking like last year.
Elliott made several spectacular saves tonight that had nothing to do with his team helping him. He positioned himself very well, smothered loose pucks and jumped atop them, made good passes. He has played very well. He has better fundamentals than Halak, and, being bigger, covers more of the net, and has better rebound control. Halak leaves too much of the upper part of the net, especially when he goes down too early (as he is often wont to do). Halak does have better reflexes than Elliott, and when he is on a roll he can be better. But, I don't want to see him in this series, as he'll be coming in cold.

Elliott is playing stellar so far.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:58 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Good post to go out on. Back to the series discussion thread!

Closed Thread