HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas-Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 10:47 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

vCash: 500
Dallas-Buffalo

To Dallas: Tyler Ennis + 2013 5th

To Buffalo: Brett Ritchie + Boston 2013 1st (assuming they make the ECF) + Phillip Larsen

Buffalo gets: one of Dallas' top prospects, a first round pick, and a young NHL d-man with 2 years of NHL experience and top 4 potential. And also clears up space in their log jam of top 6 centers.

Dallas gets: a top 6 center, and frees up a spot on the d core for Oleksiak/Morrow/Connauton

Thoughts?

Old
05-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post

To Buffalo: Brett Ritchie + Boston 2013 1st (assuming they make the ECF) + Phillip Larsen

Buffalo gets: one of Dallas' top prospects, a first round pick, and a young NHL d-man with 2 years of NHL experience and top 4 potential. And also clears up space in their log jam of top 6 centers.

Dallas gets: a top 6 center, and frees up a spot on the d core for Oleksiak/Morrow/Connauton

Thoughts?
I don't think their GM has the leeway to wait for somebody like Ritchie or the pick to turn into contributing NHLers.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

No. Ennis is only 23 and not fully developed yet averages 55 points per 82 games. Not a stretch to say when be reaches his potential that he will be a 70 point center. The kid reminds me of a young Briere. A lot of Sabre fans want to trade Ennis because he isn't a big bruising player but not me. I'm very content rolling with a center core of Ennis-Hodgson-Grigorenko-Girgensons, all project (or already are) to be top 6 centers and they are 23,23,18 and 19 years of age.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Pohlow

Would much, much rather keep Ritchie and fill centers from the draft + FA + trading for a better center.

I wouldn't even do Ennis for Ritchie + Bos 1st, why throw in Larsen?

Old
05-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post

Thoughts?
Not happening. Ennis s still young. Is it possible he could be moved...yes...but in a trade who could help now. He could be someone they trade if they would try t o acquire bob Ryan or Chris Stewart.

He is just 23... In a rebuild you keep these players.

They aren't going to trade up for an avg prospect plus a bottom of the 1s pick that is an utter crapshoot on gettng something with the pick.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:47 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Not happening. Ennis s still young. Is it possible he could be moved...yes...but in a trade who could help now. He could be someone they trade if they would try t o acquire bob Ryan or Chris Stewart.

He is just 23... In a rebuild you keep these players.

They aren't going to trade up for an avg prospect plus a bottom of the 1s pick that is an utter crapshoot on gettng something with the pick.
You contradict yourself saying they'd trade him for help now in a rebuild. They're not looking for immediate help. That being said, this trade isn't enticing. Ennis would be used to get a bigger fish (not either of those guys mentioned, that's ludicrous) or as a piece to move up in the draft (e.g. Ennis +8th overall for 4th overall)

Old
05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Dirty Kari

Ritchie could be as good as Ennis. Adding a 1st+Larsen to that is unwise to say the least.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
SuperSaiyanSTARS

Would not trade Ritchie for Ennis. No.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
You contradict yourself saying they'd trade him for help now in a rebuild. They're not looking for immediate help. That being said, this trade isn't enticing. Ennis would be used to get a bigger fish (not either of those guys mentioned, that's ludicrous) or as a piece to move up in the draft (e.g. Ennis +8th overall for 4th overall)
No...what I am saying is they aren't going to give him up for prospects...but they opt to mvove him to get better. They aren't trading him to rebuild.

He is an RFA in 2014 so they may opt to move him in the right deal...but the player coming back is a young vet under 27 with at least a few years experience.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:27 AM
tsujimoto74

The thing I'm most confused about is how you got the idea Buffalo has a logjam of top 6 centers Kevin Porter was our 2nd line center by the end of the season. Kevin. Porter.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Darcy Regier will not trade Tyler Ennis to move up 4 spots. Sorry, moving from 8 to 4 isn't worth a 23 year old 55 point center with 70+ point potential. Maybe if it was moving up from 5 to 1 and we got Mackinnon or Drouin maybe, but trade Ennis so we can draft Barkov over Monahan or Nurse? Umm no. And I would bet anything that Darcy wouldn't do anything so ridiculous either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post
Would not trade Ritchie for Ennis. No.
That's fine, Sabres have no interest in trading a 23 year old top 6 center for a prospect.Ennis was more productive then Ritchie was and played in a much more physical league. Ennis put up 9 points in 10 games as a 20 year old then led the Sabres in playoff scoring that very same season. The next year which was still considered his rookie year, he put up 20 goals and 49 points. Ennis is going no where. Not to mention Ritchie was a 2nd round pick while Ennis was a 1st rounder in 2008 which is the best draft since 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Ritchie could be as good as Ennis. Adding a 1st+Larsen to that is unwise to say the least.
What has he shown to think he would be as good as Ennis?

Old
05-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Pohlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Darcy Regier will not trade Tyler Ennis to move up 4 spots. Sorry, moving from 8 to 4 isn't worth a 23 year old 55 point center with 70+ point potential. Maybe if it was moving up from 5 to 1 and we got Mackinnon or Drouin maybe, but trade Ennis so we can draft Barkov over Monahan or Nurse? Umm no. And I would bet anything that Darcy wouldn't do anything so ridiculous either.

That's fine, Sabres have no interest in trading a 23 year old top 6 center for a prospect.Ennis was more productive then Ritchie was and played in a much more physical league. Ennis put up 9 points in 10 games as a 20 year old then led the Sabres in playoff scoring that very same season. The next year which was still considered his rookie year, he put up 20 goals and 49 points. Ennis is going no where. Not to mention Ritchie was a 2nd round pick while Ennis was a 1st rounder in 2008 which is the best draft since 2003.

Relax guy, no need to get defensive. Bolded made me actually lol.

We want to keep our guy, you want to keep your guy. End thread.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Brett Ritchie and Alex Chiasson might make the roster this fall. I wouldn't trade him at all. He could very well become our next James Neal.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:50 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

No thanks, Ennis isn't an issue moving forward and is still very young.

I don't want to overhype prospects like the majority do here, I think Ritchie was a product of Strome. He never but up big numbers without a skilled centre, and we don't have that on our roster as of now besides Hodgson who I'm not even sure will be his linemates come next season.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
He has shown a lot of promise in juniors and his short stint in the AHL. He has high potential. Sorry but 55 point potential for 70 isn't exactly an unreachable ceiling. If Ritchie turns into a 50-60 point player is it worth trading him+Larsen+1st for Ennis? Trading him plus Larsen and a 1st (which could be at around the same place Ennis was drafted since you think 26 vs 44 is a massive difference) is overpayment. Sabres are better off keeping him instead of trading him for futures that may not pan out. Dallas is better off stockpiling assets instead of trading multiple assets for one player.

Old
05-03-2013, 06:41 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Stars shouldn't do this. Giving up way too much potential, especially if we still have hope in Larsen.

Old
05-03-2013, 06:56 AM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

I'd be more interested in Dillon than Ritchie. Stafford for Dillon?

Old
05-03-2013, 07:31 AM
ZeroPT
Tanky as ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
You're going to get flamed, Dallas trade the best dman prospect they have for a third liner? No.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Wow. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Djp

Stafford for Dillon?

Where do I sign......

Old
05-03-2013, 08:56 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Dan Catennaci + Buffalo 2nd + Mike Weber for Loui Eriksson

Deal?

Old
05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:

Perhaps Ritchie scoring 41 goals in 53 games this season with Niagra....just going out on a limb here. Plus Ritchie is only 19 compared to Ennis who is 23. Also he said "could" not "definitely" better.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
How about Jordie Benn for Myers?

Old
05-03-2013, 09:09 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Everyone has prospects like Brett Ritchie. They are a dime a dozen. If he were traded to Buffalo, he'd be our 8th or 9th best prospect. You don't trade a top 6 forward for that piece.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Everyone has prospects like Brett Ritchie. They are a dime a dozen. If he were traded to Buffalo, he'd be our 8th or 9th best prospect. You don't trade a top 6 forward for that piece.
Name the 7 or 8 guys that would be ahead of him.

-Vagrant
Closed Thread