HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I agree with you. I just took these snapshots from that video.

There is no reason for Eller's head to turn like that unless it is being contacted. It would be going backwards (perpendicular to the way it is actually going) if it was due to the body being hit alone.

Obviously Gryba got his body, but he ALSO got his head. Why does that disqualify it as a hit to the head? Particularly when the hit is lined up and Eller doesn't move at all!!?

Going to repost this in the Eller thread incase your point gets lost on the Gryba defenders. Not malicious in intent, but still a hit you cannot make. WHY? Well look at what happened. And similar hits get made where the player is ok and so it goes un-policed (although this one was IMO far more brutal than people are making out).
Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:46 PM
rlyeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
No man, I see the body make contact and then the shoulder contacting as he follows through. I wish I saw it your way. ... well if I'm wishing, I wish we weren't discussing this and Eller was never hit at all.

We need one of those frame by frame video experts to get in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
First good view I see of it.

It's as I suspected, the shoulder hits the head first.

Right before Fraser pauses the video to show where the contact is, watch Eller's head snap backward. Just 0.2 sec before he pauses it (EDIT: It's at 36-37 sec). the contact occurs 0.2 sec before he pauses it. It's pretty clear that the head is the first point of contact. Wow that video is incredibly dishonest.

The second view from behind you can't see anything. It's worthless.
I agree with you 100%. The head snaps back before the body takes the hit (36-37 seconds in). According to the rule, if my understanding is correct, Gryba took the body at the same time and although I think it's a vicious blind-sided hit (which a lot of people seem to think is ok, unfortunately), I doubt Gryba gets a heavy suspension if any at all.

This is awful for the team as I thought that Eller was instrumental in the Habs' success. Now I'm a bit worried about the rest of this round.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:50 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If you played sports, even just amateur among friends, then you know that's not true.

I play in a hockey league with friends, one of our goalies isn't all that good, yet we never give up, play less intense, be fragile, whenever he lets in a bad goal.
I mean, we're just playing for fun, but we still stay focus to battle back and win.
So in the NHL, the Playoffs, the Mother of All for hockey players, I seriously doubt players are going to get rattled because their goalie let a weak one in. It goes against what any PO team is about.

I personally don't think our team stopped playing at any time, even down by two.

Momentum helps, but it can switch back and forth multiple times a game. Letting a bad goal in can certainly be a momentum shift, so can be a big save, a big hit, a nice play, a PP, a PK, and it's not because you lose the momentum that you quit. We didn't quit tonight. That's just not true.
I never said we quit. We started playing reactively instead of proactively.

Never underestimate momentum swings. If you do, you will forever wonder why you lost.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Thanks for posting that link.

When I watched it, it was plain to see why Eller was unconscious before his face hit the ice. His head was torqued significantly from Gryba's shoulder contact.

This will be a tough one for the League to call. As wrong as it feels and the horrible result for Eller and the Habs, I doubt seriously if the NHL suspends Gryba.

I hope I am wrong.
Agreed 100 percent. He was jolted, his head snapped, and out before the ice contact.

But the NHL uses historical definitions of technically "legal hit" where I think they need to begin enforcing on "reasonable avoidance". I believe Gryba could reasonably have made an effective play without making a Playoff intensive hit.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Andy

Bobby Mac: Gryba will have a hearing.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I never said we quit. We started playing reactively instead of proactively.

Never underestimate momentum swings. If you do, you will forever wonder why you lost.
Right. If a fight or a penalty kill can make momentum swing one way or another, then a soft goal may very well be able to do that as well.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:02 AM
sheed36

From one angle it does look like first contact was with Eller's head with the way it snapped back but on the reverse angle I'm not sure. Tough call for the NHL on this one.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Go Habs Go

Even if they punish gryba, we still lose but they should punish gryba to prevent retaliation.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:10 AM
zzoo

Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Bourque and Subban are great. We played slightly better, we didn't dominate as a few mentioned.
Price is bad, not terrible though.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Avim86

About last night : I'm really depressed.

I can't believe we crumbled in the 3rd period and lost Eller for nothing after a 50 shot performance and Price wasn't able to make those big saves , be the goalie we know he can be (although not entirely his fault).

Old
05-03-2013, 12:13 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
You absolutely do not need the blow to the head to get a concussion. A hard hit to the torso can also cause a concussion, plus a hard hit to the torso can also cause the head to snap back just as in a whiplash which also can cause the brain movement.

Also keep in mind that a person standing still as versus a person going hard in one direction and then being hit hard by something from the opposite direction magnifies the impact. (Think of a car running into a wall at 60 mph vs a head on collision of two cars going 60 mph ... the force of impact is 120 mph.)

Why on earth do you dunce caps not understand that?
If you doubt that ever happened in football or rugby then you know absolutely nothing about sports medicine.
Maybe because the laws of physics say it isn't so? Here it's explained in simple terms.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:16 AM
habtastic

Well, this is the playoffs. It's all about drama. Keep your head up, lots of hockey to be played.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:17 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Well, it is Price's fault. Reality is, some weren't his fault but he's a 6.5 million dollar goalie, or so he's paid. I love Price and feel he can bounce back but we need more than average starter performances.

Also, sucks about Eller but we had depth at C over Ottawa. It's time guys like DD step up and PERFORM. Galchenyuk gets chance at C too i'd imagine.

Go habs go. We dominated! We play like that every game and we'll likely win the series. No time to keep head down, game tomorrow.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Chfan
HFB Partner

I think the back to back games could really play in our favor.

The guys probably still have a bitter taste of this game, and they will want to win it for Lars.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Some of our players played badly but I think blaming certain players when really we dominated the game it's crazy. Our disallowed goal(when Anderson fake on having Prust' stick in his face) and them getting the goal on pretty much a roller-derby crash on Price was a disgrace.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
I can't believe we crumbled in the 3rd period and lost Eller for nothing after a 50 shot performance and Price wasn't able to make those big saves , be the goalie we know he can be (although not entirely his fault).
It's hard to feel good after that game. The Habs dominated...which somehow almost makes it worse. Just deflating all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Some of our players played badly but I think blaming certain players when really we dominated the game it's crazy. Our disallowed goal(when Anderson fake on having Prust' stick in his face) and them getting the goal on pretty much a roller-derby crash on Price was a disgrace.
Trying to find someone to blame is natural...but it gets old. There were guys who had bad games (it was discussed enough) Basically everything that could have went wrong did. I'm not convinced they can keep up that intensity, especially without Eller, and I have little hope for this series, but at least we know our luck can't get any worse.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Mister Potato

Desharnais sucks big time after signing that big fat contract.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:33 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Also, in case anyone needed another reason to hate Quebecor:

That's just disgusting. Shame on them.

05-03-2013, 12:34 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
Desharnais sucks big time after signing that big fat contract.
MB first big mistake I think.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:37 AM
The Right Price

The Silfverberg goal is all on Carey. Maybe we should start Budaj next game? However, the forwards missed a chance too many too.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Dave Sparky Allison
2-22-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
That's just disgusting. Shame on them.
I agree 100%. The Ottawa Sun is a joke of a newspaper. That's disgusting that they would do that, but to be honest, not suprising.

I wish Lars Eller a quick and speedy recovery. That was scary to see.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:42 AM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
Carey Price sucks. No excuses.
what he said ^^^

Old
05-03-2013, 01:02 AM
WORLDSTARHIPHOP
Stone 4 Calder

I think I can speak on behalf of Senators fans when I apologize for the Ottawa Sun for being an embarrassing ****ing joke. The sooner we see them run out of town the better. Their reporters are Leafs fans first, so it's not surprising how classless they are. Their attitudes on twitter replying to fans complaining about the cover are just filth.

Old
05-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
That Ottawa Sun cover is pretty bad. Who would think that's a good idea?

Old
05-03-2013, 03:25 AM
Mr. Hab

What's with all the Sens fans and Leaf fans who come here after our loss? (they don't get any warnings?).

These loser, zero fans (Sens fans, Leaf fans) are obviously coming here to piss Hab fans off.

They don't come here when we win...only when we lose.

p.s.: The Ottawa Sun is full of trashy, low-class, ********* writers, editors...the low of the low. But to be fair...''Allo Police'' is similar, no?!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 05-03-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Closed Thread