05-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Getz2perry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Nice counter argument
The counter argument would be
game 1 hiller was lights out.
Game 2 after the first goal hiller played as good as anyone could have expected him to play, the team as a whole took a lot of stupid undisciplined penalties(koivue charge, selanne punch, souray slash), the team gave up 3 power play goals, from being out of position.... hiller is the only reason that game went to overtime, he had some spectacular saves to keep the team in it. Perry needs to wake up he got a huge pay raise, and right now hes probably the worst forward in the line up. The team outlet passing is awful sbisa or vatanen should be inserted to help with that(we cant win face offs why the hell are we icing the puck so often). At no point did i look and say hiller looks off lets put fasth in, and i think the coach felt the same way or they would have put fasth in after the 3rd goal.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:53 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
The counter argument would be
game 1 hiller was lights out.
Game 2 after the first goal hiller played as good as anyone could have expected him to play, the team as a whole took a lot of stupid undisciplined penalties(koivue charge, selanne punch, souray slash), the team gave up 3 power play goals, from being out of position.... hiller is the only reason that game went to overtime, he had some spectacular saves to keep the team in it. Perry needs to wake up he got a huge pay raise, and right now hes probably the worst forward in the line up. The team outlet passing is awful sbisa or vatanen should be inserted to help with that(we cant win face offs why the hell are we icing the puck so often). At no point did i look and say hiller looks off lets put fasth in, and i think the coach felt the same way or they would have put fasth in after the 3rd goal.
Very fair argument, and to honest, I agree with most of it. The team can't move the puck and the majority of the goals were NOT on Hiller. I just think giving up 5 goals is a pretty big deal and should be seen as a chance for BB to evaluate who we're better off going with moving forward. Agreed that we need another puck mover in there. Agreed that Perry needs to step up.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:53 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

I'm so sad I could listen to The Cure

Old
05-03-2013, 12:55 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Very fair argument, and to honest, I agree with most of it. The team can't move the puck and the majority of the goals were NOT on Hiller. I just think giving up 5 goals is a pretty big deal and should be seen as a chance for BB to evaluate who we're better off going with moving forward. Agreed that we need another puck mover in there. Agreed that Perry needs to step up.
And to add to that souray is crap, beauchmin carried his ass all season, hes a very selfish undisciplined player

Old
05-03-2013, 12:58 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

we wont win with goaltending like that but i think we're already seeing signs of wearing down their dmen, almost 50 hits in game 1, almost 40 tonight. keep it up and we have a great chance to win this series

Old
05-03-2013, 12:59 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
And to add to that souray is crap, beauchmin carried his ass all season, hes a very selfish undisciplined player
I'm with you there too. I'd bench him. He's slow and can't move the puck and takes bad penalties. That's just an awful type of player to be against Detroit. This goes back to my Murray rants....why the **** did he give this aging player 3 years?

Old
05-03-2013, 01:00 AM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 57s
Per DET broadcast, D Danny DeKeyser suffers broken thumb and is out for year. He was playing very well. Awful luck.

Good news for Anaheim
An entire year? Or just the rest of the playoffs?

Old
05-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Benny Lava

Loss or not that 3rd was one of the most exciting periods I've watched.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:02 AM
8inblack

Send a message via AIM to 8inblack Send a message via Yahoo to 8inblack
It doesn't matter if well after that bad goal, there was a bad goal, and that can be the difference in the series. I don't see a reason to not start Fasth unless BB thinks he will totally implode.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
I'm with you there too. I'd bench him. He's slow and can't move the puck and takes bad penalties. That's just an awful type of player to be against Detroit. This goes back to my Murray rants....why the **** did he give this aging player 3 years?
The thing is sourays biggest assets are his slap shot(which he is terrible at getting it off because he cant skate laterally) and how physical he is in front of the net(which is terrible against detroit beuase they dont retaliate back and the tend to fall down easily). Vatanen can get his shot through as has a much better wrist shot then souray, hes also a great passer... he may be small but he gives 100 percent effort in the dzone. Then there is sbisa who makes mistakes but is a great skater, can pass the puck, and has an underated shot, he also sucks at getting it through tho.

3 years id just buy him out in the off season(i know thats prob unrealistic) and give vatanen or lindhoml his spot

Old
05-03-2013, 01:04 AM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Getz could have put the puck away a few times...like passing on a breakaway???? Or not shooting on a 2 on 1 when the passing lane was taken away?

We were very opportunistic on our chances, but we could have been even better if Getz was thinking shoot first as he had been this season for the most part.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Trizz

Quote:
Hiller deserves blame. 5 goals 32 shots. Not good.
lol?

This is a mmh strange point of view

Old
05-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Getz could have put the puck away a few times...like passing on a breakaway???? Or not shooting on a 2 on 1 when the passing lane was taken away?

We were very opportunistic on our chances, but we could have been even better if Getz was thinking shoot first as he had been this season for the most part.
haha when he passed that puck...i threw my remote

Old
05-03-2013, 01:20 AM
AngelDuck

Fowler has 6 points in 8 career playoff games. Kid is special

Old
05-03-2013, 01:23 AM
RPGrizzly

vCash: 942
What a game... Ponda was unreal tonight, especially after we tied it up. Awesome experience, ups and downs, that's what the playoffs are all about. I have no idea where the ducks were in the first half of the game though.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:24 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
You got greedy. Already had the TBT luck on your side, now look at what you've done. It's all your fault .
It was; my shame

Sheldon Souray, our bad pk, and I lost it for the Ducks tonight!!!!!

Old
05-03-2013, 01:30 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
NHL Tonight thinks we have the following players on our team:

Nick Palmieri
Cam Fowl

Old
05-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
Loss or not that 3rd was one of the most exciting periods I've watched.
Agreed, tough loss, but that was an amazing comeback. Just wow.

A lot of positives to take from this game, but the PK unit really needs to do some soul-searching. 4 goals against in 2 games is just not acceptable. I feel like the block-first mentality is hurting them in this instance...the Wings are passing around the Pk'ers attempting to block.

Hiller let in one softie (that first goal) and should have done more to stop that front-net drive by Franzen...but the other three goals he was hung out to dry. I would start him again.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
Damn. What a game, too bad the Ducks didn't show up til the 2nd half the the 2nd period.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:38 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmu84 View Post
Come on guys, this game was not decided by the zebras. I blame Sheldon Souray, he had a horrible game. Two useless penalties and stupid icings. That last penalty was absolutely useless (slashing) and cost us the game and momentum..

Should I be conserned for Ducks penalty killing?

Well, still a very entertaining game to watch, play like this and I'm still sure the Ducks will take the series..
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and I hope so!

Re: zebras, yes grudgingly, and at least they are starting to call some obstruction/interference penalties on the Wings; too bad our pp wasn't able to convert more.

Re: Souray, yes,yes,yes. What a bonehead, and one of his inabilities to clear the puck when he had no pressure and plenty of time and space (yes, try to rim the puck around to the Red Wing on the point), led to a Red Wings goal.

Re: the Ducks PK,it has to be much better. It looked like the PK from the beginning of the season.

Re: the game, yes it was very entertaining, and I couldn't believe how hard they tried to come back. I think I practically lost my voice.

If the Ducks can not take the first minutes of each period off, keep the penalties down, improve their pp, keep up the physical play without crossing the line, and keep forechecking like crazy, I think (I hope, I hope) the have a good chance.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:39 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
NHL Tonight thinks we have the following players on our team:

Nick Palmieri
Cam Fowl
We don't?

At least they are covering the Ducks?

Old
05-03-2013, 01:46 AM
la patineuse

BTW, I didn't hear the submarine sound effect (dive, dive, dive horn) when the Red Wings got a pp. Maybe they were told by the NHL to cut it out. Too bad, it was so funny.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:48 AM
RorschachWJK

There D seems vulnerable and should be wearing down in a few games. We need to keep getting the puck deep and pound those Dmen like bubba does in prison!

Old
05-03-2013, 01:54 AM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 50
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
DeKeyser out for playoffs with broken hand Babcock said
Retweeted by Bob McKenzie

Sooo one of their better young D-men is out for the season

Old
05-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Elvs

Detroit had a lot of turnovers in the first game, and started out the 2nd game the same way. If they hadn't gotten a 2-0 lead, they would probably have been prone to making more of them. Unfortunately the Ducks also had a couple of costly turnovers in the beginning of this game. Without them and with more consistant goaltending they should be alright in this series.

Closed Thread