HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

roster for blue/white game (merged)

Old
09-17-2006, 04:24 PM
storm fan

vCash: 500
roster for blue/white game (merged)

does anyone have the listing of players who will participate in the blue/white game tomorrow? Please list the players that are known to be playing. Thanks

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 04:35 PM
FLYLine24*

It hasn't been released yet, tonight or tomorrow morning the cuts will come.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
storm fan

thanks, where will it be posted? on the NY Ranger web-site?

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 09:23 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I would think the first spot you would see it is on Blueshirts Bulletins site or just stick around here and im sure someone will post it. The Rangers might not even release a formal cut list until after camp, theyll just have the Blue-White game and we can all figure out from that roster who got cut.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
kovalev27hf

Updates from Blue and White Scrimmage 4-3 shootout win by white

great blog by sam weiman at the journal news... started today

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Wow, 2 goals from Jessiman....he must have had a great game.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
broadwayblue

"The best player on the ice so far? Call me crazy, but it’s been 5-foot-8 prospect Nigel Dawes, who has been around the puck all morning, and could easily have had a few goals already if not for some decent saves by Kevin Weekes."

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Wow, 2 goals from Jessiman....he must have had a great game.
sounds like he's starting to step it up in training camp these past couple of days, after a slow start.

BB said he had a good day yesterday, offensively and physically, and now he's scoring some goals today and being active away from the puck...

It's a real longshot that he'd make the Rangers, but a good training camp and a good start to the year in Hartford could have him in line for a callup.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Pizza

Finally. Some signs that the giant has some game in him.

I'm very pleased.

Let's hope he can carry this into the regular season with the 'Pack. He needs to have a standout season.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Finally. Some signs that the giant has some game in him.

I'm very pleased.

Let's hope he can carry this into the regular season with the 'Pack. He needs to have a standout season.
I'm not sure he needs to have a really standout season (like lead the AHL in scoring, or even average a point per game), he just needs to show that he's progressing and is an effective player. Hitting, scoring, that good stuff.

a solid season and putting himself in position for a callup would be good.

Old
09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Pizza

Yeah.

That's pretty much what I mean by a stand out season. If he did as you describe, I'd be pumped.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm not sure he needs to have a really standout season (like lead the AHL in scoring, or even average a point per game), he just needs to show that he's progressing and is an effective player. Hitting, scoring, that good stuff.

a solid season and putting himself in position for a callup would be good.
I'd agree with that. It is high time that Jessiman began showing some tangible progress. I would characterize this year as a make or break year for him.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I'd agree with that. It is high time that Jessiman began showing some tangible progress. I would characterize this year as a make or break year for him.
Hopefully Shanahan's help makes it a better probability for a make year.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Blue Team:

Line 1 (L to R): Straka-Nylander-Shanahan
Line 2: Dawes-Dubinsky-Jason Ward
Line 3: Korpikoski-Helminen-Weller
Line 4: Hoffman-Graham-Moore

D pairs: Malik-Sanguinetti, Lampman-Rozsival, Baranka-Rachunek, Staal-Girardi
Goal: Lundqvist, Valiquette

White Team:

Line 1: Prucha-Cullen-Hall
Line 2: Hollweg-Betts-Hossa
Line 3: Falardeau-Pyatt-Orr
Line 4: Byers-Immonen-Jessiman

D pairs: Degon-Aaron Ward, Tyutin-Taylor, Kaspar-Potter, Pock-Richter
Goal: Weekes, Montoya

Healthy scratches: Novoseltsev, Kozak, Lessard, Constant, Gabinet, Callahan, Cliche, Petruzalek, Westlund, Bahensky, Dupont, Kveton, Russell, Holt, Purinton

Injured: Jagr, Ortmeyer, Ozolinsh, Liffiton, Pikkarainen
http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c....html#comments

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great coverage by BB as always. Nice to see for the most part they paired each NHL D man with a prospect... like it.
Without Jagr there, a couple of those lines could be for real.

From what im gathering Nylander stole the show with a very solid camp and his line totally dominated.

Also nice to see them give the Dawes - Dubinsky - Ward second line time, i wish i was there to see that game, sounded exciting.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 09-18-2006 at 02:28 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
Hopefully Shanahan's help makes it a better probability for a make year.
I am seeing statements like this be thrown out a good amount of time. Let's not make Shanny something that he cannot be. He can only help guys like Jessiman, Hall & Graham so much. The fact of the matter is that those guys are going to have to do the work themselves to get themselves to their next respective level. I am sure that Shanny's influence will help out, but I am getting the feeling that some of the denizens of this board are beginning to get a little out of control with how much help his influence will be.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Larry Melnyk

So hard to jump to conclusions because the Pre-season games haven't even started yet, but I don't see too many unknowns given a healthy team and no trade...

As he was last spring in the Hartford POs, Dubinsky obviously is above IMMO (and Helminen) right now and I guess the question is can the latter two show much in the next few weeks to change that or go to Hartford and be the first call ups...

The bigger question is what will the lines look like when Jagr is healthy and playing?? Who slides where..That's what the next few weeks and games will be about will be about, finding where best to put Cullen, Prucha, Dubinsky,Shanny,Hall,Ward and whoever....And which one of Holly, Hossa, Betts and Ward will be the 13th forward..(Unless Dawes caves over the next few weeks).

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Levitate

well, according to the blueshirt bulletin, Renney is looking to start the year with Shanahan playing RW, so that probably means him on the 2nd line.

who plays left wing on that line? Prucha? Dawes? who knows...but I found that interesting at any rate

Old
09-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
well, according to the blueshirt bulletin, Renney is looking to start the year with Shanahan playing RW, so that probably means him on the 2nd line.

who plays left wing on that line? Prucha? Dawes? who knows...but I found that interesting at any rate
Given our personnel, I always figured Shanny would be the 2nd line RW but you're right about the LW..Prucha? (was my initial choice) Dawes? Straka?....then you got some of the same questions with the 3rd line and Hall, Prucha, etc....Good to have solid options, ain't it?

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
"The best player on the ice so far? Call me crazy, but itís been 5-foot-8 prospect Nigel Dawes, who has been around the puck all morning, and could easily have had a few goals already if not for some decent saves by Kevin Weekes."
Ya know somthing, this is the first i've heard from all of the camp bulletins about Weekes. Does anyone know how he is doing, other than what was said in this article. Maybe I missed somthing but I havent seen anything. please

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
kovalev27hf

he's been bad all camp as usual.. would like a little more info on the goaltenders though haven't heard much

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Where did you get that info from?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Dubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
"The best player on the ice so far? Call me crazy, but itís been 5-foot-8 prospect Nigel Dawes, who has been around the puck all morning, and could easily have had a few goals already if not for some decent saves by Kevin Weekes."
I'm not sure if Sam saw something that I missed, but the best chances I saw Nigel get in the first half he shot wide of the Weekes's net.

The goalies have pretty much been their usual selves this week -- Lundqvist quietly effective, positionally sound, focused, but not spectacular; Weekes and Holt inconsistent, going from good to bad and back again; Valiquette steady, but not really NHL material; Westlund in way over his head as he is headed for Charlotte.

That leaves Montoya as the most interesting goalie to follow. He did well the first few days as he was brought back slowly from surgery, certainly better than last year at this time when he blew it big time. But today, he struggled -- not a surprise given the elevated level of competition. Shanahan's screamers may have rocketed past any goalie, and Helminen beat him on a breakaway, but Monty didn't look good on them all the same.

I think his value is at a maximum right now, and if we could someone like Zherdev for him, that might be the most we ever get out of him. Just my personal opinion.

Dubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 10:32 PM
92hatchattack

Id love to see shanny on the right and Prucha on the left!!! Let Shanny send the rockets in and anything that doesnt hit the back of the net Prucha will shovel in!

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I am seeing statements like this be thrown out a good amount of time. Let's not make Shanny something that he cannot be. He can only help guys like Jessiman, Hall & Graham so much. The fact of the matter is that those guys are going to have to do the work themselves to get themselves to their next respective level. I am sure that Shanny's influence will help out, but I am getting the feeling that some of the denizens of this board are beginning to get a little out of control with how much help his influence will be.
Well, it's the first time in a long time I've heard any positive input about Jessiman, I'd have to give some credit to Shanahan's meeting with Jessiman, considering Hugh's own input on that MSG interview.

You could just as easily claim that last season was terrible for Jessiman still because of that earlier injury, I don't know, I'd just like for once to have the impression Jessiman might become some kind of player worthy of the NHL.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote