HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We lose. Hope you'll be healthy soon Larry

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 03:29 AM
MintyFresh

vCash: 500
Can't blame this loss solely on Price. I agree the 2nd goal was weak, but the other three were hardly his fault. We do need him to steal us some games, and play like that number 1 elite tender we have seen so many times. He will bounce back tomorrow.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:51 AM
RC51

I don't understand most of you.
first on the Eller hit, the sens fans think that the head was never hit and Basically Eller smashed his own face in when the dove to the ice. WOW just WOW. Eller was hit in the head, the shoulder pad hit Eller in the head, the damage was done because the Sens player was coming at a fast pace to make a BIG open ice hit. The rules are clear. YOU CAN'T HIT THE HEAD for any reason. When you look at the speed of the sens player you see the intent to injure. People look for an elbow or leaving the feet, that did not happen, now look at the speed the sens player used and like it or not his shoulder pad hit Eller in the face. That where all the damage was done, not by Eller diving for the ice at 40MPH smashing his own face to bits. " judge sir it's not my fault, I shot my gun but he did not get out of the way of the bullet so it was clearly suicide " suicide pass or not, YOU CAN"T HIT THE HEAD

Old
05-03-2013, 04:17 AM
habtastic

I just spent a ton of time uploading this. I am completely inept so it took me awhile to try to find the best way to upload the clip "Never saw it coming" from TSN's video player. It obviously lost tons of resolution and frame rate, but I included the information that CLEARLY shows primary contact to the head. TSN and Fraser are talking through their *****. While it may ALSO be body contact, think is a hit to the head and for any rational person realizing what the effects were to Eller (no, it's not when he dropped to the ice), he lost consciousness immediately and I disagree that it was due to a "body blow". Strongly encourage watching the TSN clip and paying attention at 0:37

TSN clip:

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/918623/clip/139

Brian Wilde and Eric Engels are pretty much on board with the way I see it. Sometimes, I really dislike Bob McKenzie for not saying the things that need to be said. That panel f'd up bad even with their special graphics. Failed to see the most obvious part.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:27 AM
JudasPriced

That's a headshot. Period.

Old
05-03-2013, 06:20 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasPriced View Post
That's a headshot. Period.
Without a doubt. You don't just fall and smash your face off the ice willingly. He was out cold.

Old
05-03-2013, 06:36 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That Ottawa Sun cover is pretty bad. Who would think that's a good idea?
Can't believe that cover.

Old
05-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Beendair Donedat

Bottom Line is that one team's goalie stopped 48 of 50 shots. The other team's goalie stopped 27 of 31 shots. Anderson was fantastic and Price was average. Price has been average for far too long. He's a great goalie when he's "in the zone" but when is the last time he was in that zone? Great goalies stand on their heads, not let in terrible goals (which Price has done all year). Time for the real Carey Price to show up. Simple as that...

Old
05-03-2013, 06:43 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Bottom Line is that one team's goalie stopped 48 of 50 shots. The other team's goalie stopped 27 of 31 shots. Anderson was fantastic and Price was average. Price has been average for far too long. He's a great goalie when he's "in the zone" but when is the last time he was in that zone? Great goalies stand on their heads, not let in terrible goals (which Price has done all year). Time for the real Carey Price to show up. Simple as that...
I think we're all in agreement here.

We need Usain Bolt Price. Not this Price.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six View Post
I think I can speak on behalf of Senators fans when I apologize for the Ottawa Sun for being an embarrassing ****ing joke. The sooner we see them run out of town the better. Their reporters are Leafs fans first, so it's not surprising how classless they are. Their attitudes on twitter replying to fans complaining about the cover are just filth.
Dude, come on. It's not fair to blame it on leaf fans. The Sun in general is a tabloid paper and they love to rile up any fanbase.

Hope eller returns in this series.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
People who want to cash in on idiotic sports nuts?

Old
05-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyFresh View Post
Can't blame this loss solely on Price. I agree the 2nd goal was weak, but the other three were hardly his fault. We do need him to steal us some games, and play like that number 1 elite tender we have seen so many times. He will bounce back tomorrow.
The 1st goal is one he has to stop. It's a weak redirection and AGAIN goes 5 hole. Price is turning into a modern day Allan Bester giving up 2 five hole goals a night, butterfly goalies are not supposed to give up goals there.

The 2nd goal was the back breaker though, after Anderson stood on his head to keep Ottawa in the game Price gives up a bad angle goal...again 5 hole. That took the legs out from the team and they only played so so after that. When you start questionning if your goalie has your back, it affects the overall play.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Price has to be so much better.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
It definitely sucks about Eller, but I can't see Gryba (who?) being suspended. It looked like a bad timing hit more than anything else. If Ference only got a game, I can't see how Gryba would even get a fine.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The 1st goal is one he has to stop. It's a weak redirection and AGAIN goes 5 hole. Price is turning into a modern day Allan Bester giving up 2 five hole goals a night, butterfly goalies are not supposed to give up goals there.

The 2nd goal was the back breaker though, after Anderson stood on his head to keep Ottawa in the game Price gives up a bad angle goal...again 5 hole. That took the legs out from the team and they only played so so after that. When you start questionning if your goalie has your back, it affects the overall play.
There's no doubt the team can't play well when they don't feel the goalie will give them every opportunity to win the game, but there's plenty of teams that keep trucking despite their goalie playing like ****. At some point, I hope the Habs can shake off this mental weakness that has plagued them for over a decade. We've also had some fairly young teams without great leaders for a little while, at least Koivu and even Kovalev had an even keel in games regardless of goaltender performance. We don't even have that anymore.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:19 AM
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
I guess the Leafs and Sens boards are both down? Weird that ours is still up.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
Price has to be so much better.
yup.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:32 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:

is it really that bad? I cant find a pic of the cover??

Old
05-03-2013, 07:38 AM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
is it really that bad? I cant find a pic of the cover??
EDIT: NVM I found it.

Stay Classy Ottawa Sun!!!

Old
05-03-2013, 07:40 AM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
If the NHL suspends Gryba, they are making things up on the go.

Not sure what Habs fans can nitpick from the game. A couple that Price maybe should have done better on, but this was a game almost completely dominated by a ridiculous goaltending performance.

Montreal just needs to keep playing the same game. Only way Ottawa wins this is if Anderson stays in God mode. Then you just gotta tip your cap.

Subban I thought was pretty damn good, I think we in Ottawa will learn to hate his strong play and big hits . Gallagher seemed very effective as well.

Good luck tonight .

Old
05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
no. no they're not. sutton got five games for this:

point out the big differences for me, please.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:48 AM
EDDIE20*

Lean fan coming in peace….

Cheering for you guys to take the series. Anderson can be had. He won’t stand on his head all the time. Keep peppering him with shots and they’ll start going in.

As for the hit, I’m disgusted with the Ottawa Sun and the attitude of Sens fans in general. Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me…. Mark Bell dropped Alfie with the same thing a few years ago and they wanted him dead af. Then again, the Sens are known for not respecting their opponent. You can bet that if a Hab nailed Karlsson like this, they would be crying bloody murder. The city of Ottawa doesn’t deserve a Cup.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Well I had the pleasure of missing the game last night at a pre-screening of Iron Man3. At the time I was upset about it but now I guess I was better off.

Saw the highlights and Price giving up the goal through the five hole is pathetic. That never used to happen with him... not sure what's up with him but it's not good.

We might even have bigger problems at the other end of the ice with Anderson making 48 freaking saves. Two goals on 50 shots? That's nuts.

As for Eller, ugly situation but I don't think it's a suspension. Won't surprise me if the league gives him a game because the result was so ugly but it's a suicide pass up the middle... I don't think the hit was dirty but there's definitely head contact. The guy might wind up with a game but I don't know that he really deserves it. But man what an ugly hit that was...

Old
05-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

vCash: 100
Quote:
Whoever wants to light a fire under the Habs' players ass.

I have faith in Carey Price. He needs to step it up if we're going to win this, but we've seen how Price can play when he's on his game and he's a top five goaltender when he's on. He needs to turn it on. He's capable of it, he can do it, and I have faith he will tonight.

I'm driving to Montreal tonight at around 5:30, so I'll be missing some of the game, which English radio station can I listen to for the first 30 minutes of the game until I get to my cousin's house?

"If there is no Dean Ambrose, there is no Shield." - Roman Reigns
Old
05-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post

Not sure what Habs fans can nitpick from the game. A couple that Price maybe should have done better on, but this was a game almost completely dominated by a ridiculous goaltending performance.

Montreal just needs to keep playing the same game. Only way Ottawa wins this is if Anderson stays in God mode. Then you just gotta tip your cap.

Subban I thought was pretty damn good, I think we in Ottawa will learn to hate his strong play and big hits . Gallagher seemed very effective as well.

Good luck tonight .
I'm undecided on the Gryba hit. Depending on which clip you watch it IS a headshot or ISN'T a headshot. Filtering out the knee-jerk reactions from biased fans is the hardest part of all.

But your other points are dead-on and reasonable. Anderson was terrific and deserved a win.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Just saw the hit again... looks clean to me. Hate to say that when the result is so ugly but it's not a suspendable hit. I think the league is calling him in for a hearing to show that they're taking things seriously but he shouldn't be suspended.

There's head contact but it's not targeted. Need to separate your emotions and look at things objectively, if the shoe was on the other foot many here would be saying it was a clean hit.

The lesson is... don't throw a suicide pass up the middle.

Closed Thread