HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens Fans; what will Dupuis command from you ?

Old
05-02-2013, 04:24 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Pens Fans; what will Dupuis command from you ?

I really don't see him leaving the Burg and he doesn't seem like the type to command a **** load of money. He was being paid $1,500,000 (a steal) this year and thats obviously going to go up, but by how much?

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:39 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
I really don't see him leaving the Burg and he doesn't seem like the type to command a **** load of money. He was being paid $1,500,000 (a steal) this year and thats obviously going to go up, but by how much?
Hard to tell because Crosby can make anyone an offensive threat... i wouldn't give him more than 2.5

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:40 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Hard to tell because Crosby can make anyone an offensive threat... i wouldn't give him more than 2.5
You'd be losing him then. He easily deserve 4mil based on what he's proven he can do in that market.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
think he'll be offered multiple 4x4 deals. i think the absolute highest Shero will be able to go is 3.2M. we'll see what happens. it's possible he'll take a discount, but i'm not willing to count on that happening until after it happens.

playing with Crosby has made him better, he's even willing to admit it in interviews. but it's not exactly fair to call him a product of Crosby. he's done plenty of damage without Crosby on the ice. great speed, great on the PK, solid forechecker, a great locker room presence and now he comes with HANDS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stad View Post
Pascal Dupuis last season.

Pascal Dupuis this season.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:47 PM
LetangBrassard23

He's happy in the 'Burgh and wants to stay there. IMO, He won't demand too much because he knows they can't afford it. He will probably get a 3 year deal for $3 mil per. He may even give a larger discount than that and be anywhere for 2.5-3.

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:48 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

I think, if he wants to stay, he will have to take a little discount, but he also already did that once, so they'll have to meat him partway here. If he stays, he'll probably get something like 2.5-3m, but for longer than we'll be happy with.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:49 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
think he'll be offered multiple 4x4 deals. i think the absolute highest Shero will be able to go is 3.2M. we'll see what happens.

playing with Crosby has made him better, he's even willing to admit it in interviews. but it's not exactly fair to call him a product of Crosby. he's done plenty of damage without Crosby on the ice. great speed, great on the PK, solid forechecker, a great locker room presence and now he comes with HANDS!
I could see him taking a similar deal to Vrbata with 3/3. Not a bad payout for a player like him. I think on many other teams he's a 15 goal/40 point player though.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Zirakzigil

2 or 3 years at 2.5mil per. Doubt he asks for what his FA value is. Hes got a good thing going with the Pens and loves where hes at. I can see him showing Glencross type loyalty.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

He stayed once for less money because his family is happy here and he didn't want to uproot them, plus Crosby really likes playing on a line with him. If they re-sign him he's not going anywhere. If other teams want him their only shot is pursuing him in free agency.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

He'll get offered 5m, probably by Toronto, but I think he'd take a discount to stay.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:28 PM
VoicexOfxReason
RIP Lounge

3x3.5 seems about right. some clown GM will probably offer him 4.5-5 though.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Ricky Bobby

Dupuis is 34 and truly more like a 35-40 point player who plays a well rounded game.

If someone gives him term and 3+ per year they'll regret it.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 11:20 PM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
At 34, this is his last payday, so I can't begrudge him if he wants to test the market...as long as he leaves the division, anyway.

Not bad for an undrafted player thrown into a blockbuster trade as a warm roster body, huh?

PensBeerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
He scored 59 points last year without playing with Crosby and with almost no powerplay time. He was on pace to score 64 this year, so that's not really a significant bump.

I think he's just one of those rare guys that peaks really late. Although, he has said that he's really ramped up his off ice training in the past few seasons.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 03:18 AM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

He has a great thing going in Pittsburgh, he is a family man, and his family is established here... He has shown this season that he can create and contribute on his on even without Sid... But I see along with others that he values what he has in this organization he will unlikely get what he has here. A chance to play on a consistent playoff contender around some of the best talent in the league. He will ask for a raise, there is no doubt about that... For security for his family and post play life. But I do not think he bends Shero over.

2.5-3M. I think 2.5-3M avg, on a 2-3 year deal will capture him just in his wheel house.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:24 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

I think some team would give him 3.5-4 million in the FA market. I expect him to be back in Pittsburgh on a 2-3 year deal worth 2.5-3 million though.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Yeah, I think he stays in Pittsburgh for somewhere between 2.5 and 3 million. Probably a two or three year deal. I think he'll be their top UFA priority despite some fans disagreeing with that. He's unbelievably versatile. He can play effectively on any line and seamlessly transitions to either wing and even center when asked to because of injuries etc. The production has been great with and without Crosby the past couple years.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:26 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
He'll get offered 5m, probably by Toronto, but I think he'd take a discount to stay.
no he won't Lupul gets 5.25, Kessel, 5.4, JVR 4.2 So what you are saying is he's worth as much or more then all 3 and that's just not true

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 06:12 PM
stayinalive

vCash: 1078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Dupuis is 34 and truly more like a 35-40 point player who plays a well rounded game.

If someone gives him term and 3+ per year they'll regret it.
sorry but that is just horribely incorrect

He had 59 points last year and 65 point pace this year. And all that with no Sidney Crosby for significant time during both years. Him leading the league in +/- also is not just some coincidence. Furthermore he is the teams best penalty killer and should finish among the top 10 in selke voting.

He is easily worth 4+ Million over at least 2 or 3 years. That said i see him signing in Pittsburgh for around 3 Million, maybe a bit less.

stayinalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 07:41 PM
JayQueensNY88*

3mill per for 2 yrs

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:24 AM
OntheBackcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangBrassard23 View Post
He's happy in the 'Burgh and wants to stay there. IMO, He won't demand too much because he knows they can't afford it. He will probably get a 3 year deal for $3 mil per. He may even give a larger discount than that and be anywhere for 2.5-3.
He won one cup already and may get a second this year. If he gets the second one, maybe he does run somewhere and collect one last pay day. No Pens fan could blame him really. Duper is very undervalued.

OntheBackcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:02 AM
nmbr_24

I think that most of the time these days 20+ goal scorers are $4 million+ players. This might be his last deal, if the Penguins don't offer him $4 million or close I have a feeling someone else would if he decides to go to ufa.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:24 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
2x2.75

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
2x2.75
He probably gets a "thank you" contract pretty close to this. Maybe even a third year if Dupuis really wants one. I know every player is happy in every organization he's in when it comes to re-signing time and everyone will his club the "hometown discount" but with Dupuis, I actually kind of believe it. This is a good fit for him, he's playing the best hockey of his career and he was working for peanuts all this time. I hope Shero gives him a "thank you" contract for what he's done in Pittsburgh.

Sort of like what Lamoriello did for Pandolfo...except less disastrous and with a happier ending.

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:18 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I think some team would give him 3.5-4 million in the FA market. I expect him to be back in Pittsburgh on a 2-3 year deal worth 2.5-3 million though.
Morrow - Traded to Pittsburgh, point total skyrockets
Iginla - Traded to Pittsburgh, point pace increases
Jokinen - Waived, then Traded to Pittsburgh, point total doubles in 1/3 of the time.
Kunitz - Goes from 50-60 point guy to 30G, 80P guy.

In most cases, I'd agree with your thinking, but because of the above happening, I think GMs are actually going to look past his recent career numbers and give him a more realistic offering.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote