Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
It isn't going great for the Danes in shootout lately.
Frans Nielsen missed his 4'th in a row now and is only 2/6 this season. Either the goalies have finally read his tricks or he is being extra nervous because of NY Islanders finally could make it to the playoffs. These shootout missed probably makes them end 8'th instead of 6'th. Big difference of meeting Pittsburgh or Washington. But I guess Islanders should just be very happy they made the playoffs. Then they can try improving next year.

Mikkel Bødker also missed his shootout, but got 1 assist during the match. He has only 1 goal the last 20 games.....(only 3 points the last 10 games). Hope he can end this slump when (if?) he joins the NT for WC.
In the west Minnesota made it extra interesting by losing to Edmonton. Three teams for 2 spots. Detroit with 48P and Minnesota and Columbus both with 47P. All three have one game left.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:20 AM
andersej

Jannik Hansen wins two Canucks team awards: 'Unsung Hero' and 'Most Exciting Player'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPoQ3yNHXic

Last edited by andersej: 04-27-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: embedded video not working
Old
04-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
Jannik Hansen wins two Canucks team awards: 'Unsung Hero' and 'Most Exciting Player'.

That's something . If he continues getting better and better, he will never again win the "unsong hero", but he might keep being exciting!

Old
04-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post

You mean the Jannik Hansen Trophy and "most exiting player"?

Last edited by Bank: 04-27-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Et le But

Lars Eller, who was the well deserved first star tonight and Montreal's best center of the past few weeks, got 1 goal and 2 assists vs the Leafs. He finishes the season with 30 points (A career high in 30 less games), 6th on the team, despite limited PP time and a difficult, two way role. He is 3rd on the team in even strength points after Pacioretty and Galchenyuk.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Lars Eller, who was the well deserved first star tonight and Montreal's best center of the past few weeks, got 1 goal and 2 assists vs the Leafs. He finishes the season with 30 points (A career high in 30 less games), 6th on the team, despite limited PP time and a difficult, two way role. He is 3rd on the team in even strength points after Pacioretty and Galchenyuk.
AND for the first time another danish player than Frans Nielsen (2006-07 to 2011-12 season) collected the most points in the regular season. Eller just went past Nielsen with this 3-point game! So really a great season and big step forward for him, after the really frustrating benching early on.

Lars Eller 8G 22A (30P) in 46 matches, +8
Frans Nielsen 6G 23A (29P) in 48 matches, -3
Jannik Hansen 10G 17A (27P) in 47 matches, +12
Mikkel Bødker 7G 19A (26P) in 48 matches, +0
Philip Larsen 2G 3A (5P) in 32 matches, -10
Oliver Lauridsen 2G 1A (3P) in 15 matches, +0
Peter Regin 0G 3A (3P) in 27 matches, -4
Nicklas Jensen 0G 0A (0P) in 2 matches, -1

Most goals: Jannik Hansen (10)
Most assists: Frans Nielsen (23)
Most Points: Lars Eller (30)
Best Statistics: Jannik Hansen (+12)
Highest average playing time: Mikkel Bødker (18.28 min)
Most penalty minutes: Lars Eller (45)

Old
04-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Bank

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|DAL|home

Philip Larsen will coming home to a new GM and most likely a new coach. Let's hope it's the end of the hick-up on the road to becoming a good NHL'er and the beginning of becoming a good SEL'er

Old
04-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|DAL|home

Philip Larsen will coming home to a new GM and most likely a new coach. Let's hope it's the end of the hick-up on the road to becoming a good NHL'er and the beginning of becoming a good SEL'er
So that can mean anything from upgrade, status quo to downgrade. Hopefully someone that trust him with more PP time
Some goals and fan cheering should give him confidence that could also help him in other aspects of his game.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Nasty evening for Eller. Looks very bad, but it might mostly be cause of the blood

Old
05-03-2013, 05:02 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Ouch.... OUCH OUCH OUCH!

Old
05-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Bank

Concussion and facial fracture according to ESPN.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2013...-stretcher-hit

That's past "sucks and blows". Really, really, really, really hope he's gonna be fully okay.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:12 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Im still not convinced that was a clean hit. The replay's are to inconsistent in what they show, and the TSN, RDS and other show hosts were too quick to deem it clean. It wasn't the dirtiest, but it was Reckless. If Hansen's "hit" on Hossa was reckless and got 1day suspension, this IMO should get more based on that..

I tried to explain on the main board, that by using math, you could determine the impact point, speed and velocity and thus determine where he is hit first. To me ,and the first numbers indicate this, the whipping of the neck is an unnatural movement if he is hit in his chest or on his shoulder.

As always, I was attacked straight away, and accused of wodoo and what not. It's strange that by using logic, they made me seem like a madman Not my fault they don't recognize the power of math, and that it can litterly be used for everything.

In the end they just became personal because they had no sane answer, and all of sudden I was thrown out of the discussion. No warning no nothing.. Im starting to really dislike these forums!

Old
05-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Im still not convinced that was a clean hit. The replay's are to inconsistent in what they show, and the TSN, RDS and other show hosts were too quick to deem it clean. It wasn't the dirtiest, but it was Reckless. If Hansen's "hit" on Hossa was reckless and got 1day suspension, this IMO should get more based on that..

I tried to explain on the main board, that by using math, you could determine the impact point, speed and velocity and thus determine where he is hit first. To me ,and the first numbers indicate this, the whipping of the neck is an unnatural movement if he is hit in his chest or on his shoulder.

As always, I was attacked straight away, and accused of wodoo and what not. It's strange that by using logic, they made me seem like a madman Not my fault they don't recognize the power of math, and that it can litteraly be used for everything.

In the end they just became personal because they had no sane answer, and all of sudden I was thrown out of the discussion. No warning no nothing.. Im starting to really dislike these forums!
well then stay here and discuss it. [Anyway about your being attacked on other boards no kind of logic, intelligence or philosophy can ever win a fight against ignorance, superstition or stupidity - I guess that's why we have schools to socialize people to listen to arguments ] The math will be difficult to make based on the images I have seen, but most likely there are better ones.

With my lesser knowledge of physics I would ask how its done? I guess you would have to do some kind of triangulation of camera pictures to find the exact 3D position of the bodies. The speed can be determined by watching the footage against the time. Then you make a vector graphic grid of key points of each players (head, torso, shoulders etc) and see the movement of each one frame for frame and then locate the impact zones where points either diminish in speed or change direction suddenly caused by the impact? For real refinement also have the weight of each player?

I think it's definitely reckless. It's hard to see from the slows but it seems that he only hits the head (jaw?) and not the body. But I have to admit the footage I saw was not so good angle.

Have some kind of thoughts here:

The problems with the rules in hockey is not whether a tackle is legal or not but the intensity it's made with. Maybe it's because of the money and prestige involved, but many clearly have to total disregard for the outcome. If the tackle is legal it's the own fault of the player being damage - you often hear that "he turned into the tackle". [A bit like you-walked-into-the-bullet-argument since I have a right to shoot]
A tackle should be a defensive response to an offensive action from the player that you want to tackle in my opinion. Starting a tackle on an totally unaware opponent (that isn't even yet in possession) is what causes most of all these bad injuries.
Maybe tackling should only be legal on players with puck possession and not be initiated before possession. This tackle was initiated already when the pass was made and Eller is completely unaware it's coming from the side.
Only front to front tackles (I mean torso vs torso) should also weed out a lot of the serious injuries.
This doesn't prevent the game for being physical, but it would prevent most dangerous situations.

Maybe to make a simple rule: Make it illegal to start a tackle on a player that doesn't have you in his field of vision!? (eye-to-eye) Then it doesn't matter if he steps into your tackle in the last second, because it was initiated while he wasn't looking in your direction. That is actually fairly easy for the tackling player to spot or not (I mean honestly you know if he noticed you).
(If you start the tackle when he has you in his field of vision and then turn around, then it could be discussed whether it should be allowed or not.)

But what a shame for Eller. Hope it will not go like Regin's shoulder and cause a real serious blow to his career.

and my advice to players: Wear full masks to start with. Yes you can't see anything to begin with, but when you get used to it and adapt your senses accordingly.

Last edited by Justinov: 05-03-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old
05-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Bank

Not gonna get into whether it was clean or not but it was a dumbass pass from Diaz that in the best case scenario is a reckless hockey play.

All the best wishes to Lars Eller!

Old
05-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Not gonna get into whether it was clean or not but it was a dumbass pass from Diaz that in the best case scenario is a reckless hockey play.

Me neither and sometimes it will be extremely fuzzy. Rules cannot cover for all kind of possible human movements leading up to a Newtonian outcome. That's why some evaluation should be made on the danger of causing injury instead of exclusively focusing on legality.

But I totally agree on Diaz pass: It's like making a high pass to an attacker in lacrosse. You are basically dooming him to be send flying by a defender when he has to lift himself up or jump to get the ball.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Justinov

According to Oluf Eller he was quite lucky.
Perhaps some "småtterier (hairline fractures?)" on the cheekbone, loss of some teeth and a broken nose.
Good news is no bleeding in the brain and no jaw fracture.

My opinion: He should probably stayed rested for at least the next 14 days (preferable a month). He might have some kind of concussion and better be safe than sorry.
Source:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1967275.ece

Last edited by Justinov: 05-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old
05-03-2013, 03:26 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
well then stay here and discuss it. [Anyway about your being attacked on other boards no kind of logic, intelligence or philosophy can ever win a fight against ignorance, superstition or stupidity - I guess that's why we have schools to socialize people to listen to arguments ] The math will be difficult to make based on the images I have seen, but most likely there are better ones.

With my lesser knowledge of physics I would ask how its done? I guess you would have to do some kind of triangulation of camera pictures to find the exact 3D position of the bodies. The speed can be determined by watching the footage against the time. Then you make a vector graphic grid of key points of each players (head, torso, shoulders etc) and see the movement of each one frame for frame and then locate the impact zones where points either diminish in speed or change direction suddenly caused by the impact? For real refinement also have the weight of each player?

I think it's definitely reckless. It's hard to see from the slows but it seems that he only hits the head (jaw?) and not the body. But I have to admit the footage I saw was not so good angle.

The problems with the rules in hockey is not whether a tackle is legal or not but the intensity it's made with. Maybe it's because of the money and prestige involved, but many clearly have to total disregard for the outcome. If the tackle is legal it's the own fault of the player being damage - you often hear that "he turned into the tackle". [A bit like you-walked-into-the-bullet-argument since I have a right to shoot]
A tackle should be a defensive response to an offensive action from the player that you want to tackle in my opinion. Starting a tackle on an totally unaware opponent (that isn't even yet in possession) is what causes most of all these bad injuries.
Maybe tackling should only be legal on players with puck possession and not be initiated before possession. This tackle was initiated already when the pass was made and Eller is completely unaware it's coming from the side.
Only front to front tackles (I mean torso vs torso) should also weed out a lot of the serious injuries.
This doesn't prevent the game for being physical, but it would prevent most dangerous situations.

Maybe to make a simple rule: Make it illegal to start a tackle on a player that doesn't have you in his field of vision!? (eye-to-eye) Then it doesn't matter if he steps into your tackle in the last second, because it was initiated while he wasn't looking in your direction. That is actually fairly easy for the tackling player to spot or not (I mean honestly you know if he noticed you).
(If you start the tackle when he has you in his field of vision and then turn around, then it could be discussed whether it should be allowed or not.)

But what a shame for Eller. Hope it will not go like Regin's shoulder and cause a real serious blow to his career.

and my advice to players: Wear full masks to start with. Yes you can't see anything to begin with, but when you get used to it and adapt your senses accordingly.
Well it's better in here anyways, people can disagree in here without becoming personal or rude I like that.

The initial physics and math I used were just some quick unprecise calculations of impact force done with weight and speed measured from the timeframe yes.

But we actually have really sophisticated programs at the lab on campus that can cheat the outcome given we have enough camera angles of replay.

But it could still be done quite easily, yet more unprecise with "simple" math.

Time, distance, impact force, and velocity would play a key role. and I actually posted a few equations to be used.

But even more logic is plane physics. My physic's minded brain immediately saw that the velocity and angle of his fall was not proportionate with an impact to the chest or shoulder. It doesn't match up at first glance at all. The way his head goes badonk, at first contact, is indicative of a hit to the head. The way he falls is basically impossible in an awake state. He is completely ragdoll like.

But yes, it is a hard situation to handle and it would be hard to have precise rules about it.

Quote:

Haha, maybe Diaz should receive the suspension?

Quote:
According to Oluf Eller he was quite lucky.
Perhaps some "småtterier (hairline fractures?)" on the cheekbone, loss of some teeth and a broken nose.
Good news is no bleeding in the brain and no jaw fracture.

My opinion: He should probably stayed rested for at least the next 14 days (preferable a month). He might have some kind of concussion and better be safe than sorry.
Source:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1967275.ece
It's still such a shame... OUCH!

Old
05-03-2013, 06:36 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Nothing like being proven right!

2 game suspension for Gryba...

Old
05-04-2013, 12:17 AM
admire

Quote:

YES!!!! Sorry, but if there is something that really pisses me off, its what I call macho bravery......Look at Oliver Lauridsen. Played with a full mask in college.......Have seen him play with a visor at the Phantoms but he plays without a visor for philly..

WHAT IS THE DAMN POINT!? he is clearly used to both visor and mask, so it can be a vision thing. Its just plain stupid.

Old
05-04-2013, 03:15 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Nothing like being proven right!

2 game suspension for Gryba...
Good,that was a reckless play,feel bad for Eller,hope he recovers fast

Old
05-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
YES!!!! Sorry, but if there is something that really pisses me off, its what I call macho bravery......Look at Oliver Lauridsen. Played with a full mask in college.......Have seen him play with a visor at the Phantoms but he plays without a visor for philly..

WHAT IS THE DAMN POINT!? he is clearly used to both visor and mask, so it can be a vision thing. Its just plain stupid.
Yeah...something should tell Oliver Lauridsen that he should think more about his own health than trying to impress teammates being "MACHO" because "my eyes and teeth are totally exposed for injuries" so I must be tough".
Did you see middle age knights enter jousting talking off their helmets to be tough??

Old
05-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Justinov

Quote:
The initial physics and math I used were just some quick unprecise calculations of impact force done with weight and speed measured from the timeframe yes.

But we actually have really sophisticated programs at the lab on campus that can cheat the outcome given we have enough camera angles of replay.

But it could still be done quite easily, yet more unprecise with "simple" math.

Time, distance, impact force, and velocity would play a key role. and I actually posted a few equations to be used.

But even more logic is plane physics. My physic's minded brain immediately saw that the velocity and angle of his fall was not proportionate with an impact to the chest or shoulder. It doesn't match up at first glance at all. The way his head goes badonk, at first contact, is indicative of a hit to the head. The way he falls is basically impossible in an awake state. He is completely ragdoll like.
I would love to see your calculations on Monday

But me first thought as well was that he get severely hit in the head as a primary contact area (off course ore areas than the head will be hit, so there is also some body to body contact which people tend to focus on). I mean if you are tackled normally shoulder to shoulder you don't fall on the ice like Eller did.
Also he seems already dazed or unconscious before he hits the ice.

I followed your discussion and precisely people only talk if the hit was correct according to the rulebook or not. [Many definitely don't appreciate math or physics either].

Old
05-04-2013, 07:44 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I would love to see your calculations on Monday

But me first thought as well was that he get severely hit in the head as a primary contact area (off course ore areas than the head will be hit, so there is also some body to body contact which people tend to focus on). I mean if you are tackled normally shoulder to shoulder you don't fall on the ice like Eller did.
Also he seems already dazed or unconscious before he hits the ice.

I followed your discussion and precisely people only talk if the hit was correct according to the rulebook or not. [Many definitely don't appreciate math or physics either].
Haha I promise, that if the time is for it, ill dig up as many replays as I can and put in in the system It's actually the same system we use to determine impact force, Point and speed of meteorites, and space debris.

Exactly the hit and fall are disproportionate to a shoulder or chest hit.

Tell me about it! it was like telling a 7th grade class, that looking into to the universe is like looking thru a time machine. They simply do not understand it. I tried to explain that I was not taking the rulebook into considerration as the rule book actually sometimes makes it harder to rule the proper rulings.

But yeah, he got 2 days for reckles and predatory play, so I guess we saw it right

Old
05-04-2013, 08:11 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
Good,that was a reckless play,feel bad for Eller,hope he recovers fast
Well according to the habs forum he is out of Hospital The team visited him and said he had a major apetite and looked good.

He has a broken nose, facial fractures on the small side, missing a few teeth and a concussion. though im not sure about the severity of the concussion.

Old
05-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well according to the habs forum he is out of Hospital The team visited him and said he had a major apetite and looked good.

He has a broken nose, facial fractures on the small side, missing a few teeth and a concussion. though im not sure about the severity of the concussion.
Well the major appetite must be for protein drink, since with the facial injuries he not quite ready to chew I think?!
He must have received at least a light concussion with that hit, so hopefully he doesn't force himself on the ice to soon.

Closed Thread