HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF | Game 2 | 5/3 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00 PM ET | RDS, CBC, CNBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 07:18 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
If the Habs aren't firing off on all cylinders tonight, especially after what happened to Eller, I'm done with these playoffs.
To be fair we were firing on all cylinders last night but were stopped by Anderson and hurt by softies on Price.

I have to wonder if the team got an update on Lars' condition during the 2nd intermission and couldn't keep their focus in the third.

Emelin would be so valuable right about now...le sigh

I feel we'll win tonight's game.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Nedved

vCash: 500
Show us the goods price:

Old
05-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Price needs to be better, Gorges needs to be better, Pacioretty needs to be better, and like i've been saying all ****ing year, Desharnais needs to be better.

Among others.

GO HABS GO!!! Tie this thing up!

Old
05-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

We need more traffic in front of Andersson in order to get some goals. Crash the net, win the battles along the boards, hit Karlsson every time we have the opportunity, put the pressure on him when he has the puck, make some clutch saves, don't allow weak goals and again, CRASH THE ****ING NET!

If we do that, game 2 is ours.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:25 AM
CanadiensVault

I think we were all very emotional last night after the Eller hit, but waking up this morning I feel a lot better about the way we played and our chances in this series going forward.

If you take a step back and look at our overall game. We dominated in the shot department. We dominated in puck possession. We dominated the faceoff department. We dominated the takeaway department. AND Our PK did a great job last night on Ottawa's two power plays.

Yes, there are some players that need to step up and yes, Price does need to be a lot better. But, if we have that many players playing mediocre hockey and still manage to outshoot Ottawa by 20, I think that's a sign that we are a good hockey club and can win this series. Just need to drive the net and pounce on those Anderson rebounds. That's his weakness. You're just not going to beat him on the first shot. The rebounds and dirty areas are where you're going to have success against him. That's playoff hockey. Go Habs Go! Big rebound game tonight!

Old
05-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Anderson stole one for Sens, Price has to respond in kind tonight.
Sadly we have elevated Price over the years perhaps because he was drafted so high, perhaps because of his athleticism, regardless I believe we now see the real Price. Drafted 8 years ago, over 300 NHL games and he IMO looked betted in his rookie season.
Also, I am tired of hearing MT say "Price is our best player" TOTAL BS. Habs best player wears #76

Price reminds me of Jim Carrey, big goalie for the Caps back in the 90's. won the Vezina and a couple years later was out of hockey completely.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Captain Saku

It's a must win game tonight.

Yesterday we made Anderson look good. Yes he made some big save but we made shots from everywhere and from impossible angles. We just didnt drive the net enough to jump on rebounds.

Our defensemen also need to do better putting pressure on the guy carrying the puck. The Karlsson and Silfverberg goals they had allll the time to make their play. They also need to do a better job getting the puck out of their zone.

And finally, Price, we said since day one that this series will be decided on how sharp he's going to be and game 1 demonstrated just that. I'm a big Price fan and always believed in him but he needs to make a difference for us tonight.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:34 AM
MarkovsKnee

Subban was the best player on the ice last night - for either team. Hard to believe he's just finishing his 3rd year in the league. The kid has it all. MT needs to start playing him 30 minutes a night. He can handle it. He was close last night with 28 minutes.

Our hope for tonight is that Gorges can't possibly be worse than he was last night. I'd move him into a pairing with Tinordi.

Halpern probably moves into the line-up now.

It would be nice if Pacioretty, Gionta, and DD showed up for tonight's game.

All I want from Price is a solid performance. He doesn't need to be spectacular for the Habs to win, but he needs to make routine saves and he's not doing that right now.

Habs are pretty good in back-to-backs. Let's just keep after Anderson and hope he wears down.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:35 AM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
It's a must win game tonight.

Yesterday we made Anderson look good. Yes he made some big save but we made shots from everywhere and from impossible angles. We just didnt drive the net enough to jump on rebounds.

Our defensemen also need to do better putting pressure on the guy carrying the puck. The Karlsson and Silfverberg goals they had allll the time to make their play. They also need to do a better job getting the puck out of their zone.

And finally, Price, we said since day one that this series will be decided on how sharp he's going to be and game 1 demonstrated just that. I'm a big Price fan and always believed in him but he needs to make a difference for us tonight.
Budaj has to play, the habs need this game

Old
05-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Tyson

I think Armstrong draws back in. White stays on the 4th line, Prust moves up to play with the kids. 3rd and 4th lines are not the issue. The issues up front are the so called top two lines.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

They need to make Anderson's life a living hell tonight.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:48 AM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Please win. Thanks.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:50 AM
coolasprICE

Lars will make an appearance tonight and take a seat right next to Beliveau.
Crowd will go wild.

Habs will feed off energy and keep the game close.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
I think Armstrong draws back in. White stays on the 4th line, Prust moves up to play with the kids. 3rd and 4th lines are not the issue. The issues up front are the so called top two lines.
i thought the dd line was pretty good last night, people were hard on dd but as long as he's moving around, he can be effective. just needs to get some leg strength this summer.

the pleks line HAS to be better.

the rest were fine though, anderson was hot. as well, the pairing of diaz/gorges need to be better and tinordi was our 2nd best d last night which is scary; or good, not sure.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:51 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I hope they light up Anderson.
This! One thing that goalie has been this year is lights out. Last night, with all those shots, he was hardly screened and you not gonna beat a hot goalie like that.
Also, Price has to be better then he has although only the 3rd goal was .....a bad one.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:51 AM
HabsSlappy

Really hope Anderson does not invoke God mode again.
We really should have won but I think we were out-coached in the third and we didn't get saves when we needed them.

MacLean saw what happened when the Sens try to skate with the Habs and you can tell that in the second intermission he told them to create as many whistles as possible. Take the flow out of the game and don't let the Habs get their legs going. He is a very smart coach and I think that is the main reason we lost, even above Price not playing well.

Here is hoping we can dictate the play and get a good lead early and that Price can give us anything above a .900 save percentage.

GO HABS GO!

Old
05-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I want the win and I want blood tonight.

Old
05-03-2013, 07:59 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
Really hope Anderson does not invoke God mode again.
We really should have won but I think we were out-coached in the third and we didn't get saves when we needed them.

MacLean saw what happened when the Sens try to skate with the Habs and you can tell that in the second intermission he told them to create as many whistles as possible. Take the flow out of the game and don't let the Habs get their legs going. He is a very smart coach and I think that is the main reason we lost, even above Price not playing well.

Here is hoping we can dictate the play and get a good lead early and that Price can give us anything above a .900 save percentage.

GO HABS GO!
I don't think MT was outcoached, most played well enough to win but Anderson stud tall. Also, aside from a few players, there wasn't enough net presence. Only Gally, prust and to some extend Bourque went there.
Gionta had a bad game along the wall, Diaz was shaking up after he give Eller that suicide past and DD couldn't win a puck battle. Also every time Max had a shooting chance, no one was at the net.
I would try this for the 2nd game
Max-Plekanec-Gio
Ryder-Chuck-Gally
Prust-DD-Bourque
Moen-Halpern-White/Army

Old
05-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I want the win and I want blood tonight.
horrible way of thinking.

I want Price to play great tonight, and I want us to play the same way we did in the first and second yesterday, and I want the people who think this serie is over to move to Toronto

Old
05-03-2013, 08:05 AM

I expect a big win tonight...I think the Habs are really going to be galvanized by what happened last night and alot of what has been said since then.

Let's not forget the Habs were the MUCH better team last night...we all know who has to be better, Price (which was why i was against sitting him the last game, he needed to play), I think he'll bounce back with a big game

Old
05-03-2013, 08:14 AM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Budaj has to play, the habs need this game
I bet Therrien spent the whole night mulling over that decision. I really think Price's confidence is shot and that it would be best for the outcome if Budaj played tonight. What makes it an extremely difficult decision is that MT probably wants to give Price a chance to redeem himself and knows that putting Budaj in nets would essentially "Luongo" him forever. What if Price plays and the team loses again? Do we just go down with him in nets for the rest of the series? Bad, bad situation.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Gary320

You play Price. No question about it.
He isn't going to gain confidence on the bench. He's your number #1.

You win with him.
You lose with him.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I'm expecting Price to play tonight but if they do lose then I wouldn't be surprised if we see Budaj for Game 3.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Hugo Sham

this is good news:

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 5m

On me dit qu'il ne faut pas s'inquiéter de l'état de santé de Lars Eller. Reste que la prudence est de mise. #SériesRDS

Old
05-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'm expecting Price to play tonight but if they do lose then I wouldn't be surprised if we see Budaj for Game 3.
I don't think so, if they ever start Budaj during this serie it would mean the end of Price in Montreal, like him or not you gotta think that the organisation won't have the balls to do such thing

Closed Thread