HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas-Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Tough2PlayAgainst
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Everyone has prospects like Brett Ritchie. They are a dime a dozen. If he were traded to Buffalo, he'd be our 8th or 9th best prospect. You don't trade a top 6 forward for that piece.
I agree that Buffalo would never do the deal because of their lack of depth at center, but I think you're underselling Ritchie based on your "dime a dozen" assessment.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
If you make another proposal OP, I will be very very very unhappy.

This is a terrible proposal and nothing in this thread is the right thing for this organization.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:20 AM
oconnor9sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
If you make another proposal OP, I will be very very very unhappy.

This is a terrible proposal and nothing in this thread is the right thing for this organization.
I don't see how it's bad for Dallas, and I can see how Buffalo would t do it.

Our strongest depth in prospect pool is top 6 potential wingers. (Chiasson/Reilly Smith/ Stransky/ Fraser/Ritchie) One of them could be expendable for a top 6 C.

Dallas fans don't know much about Ennis and Buffalo fans are undervaluing Ritchie. It's a lose/lose proposal it turns out.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:20 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Name the 7 or 8 guys that would be ahead of him.
Grigorenko
Armia
Pysyk
Girgensons
McCabe
Larsson

He'd be in a group with Catennaci, McNabb, Hackett and Tropp for prospects 7-10. By July, following the draft, he'd have a hard time cracking the top 10 with our 4 picks in the first two rounds. Ask Luke Adam what scoring success in juniors and the AHL mean in the long run.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:22 AM
oconnor9sean

Quote:
Grigorenko
Armia
Pysyk
Girgensons
McCabe
Larsson

He'd be in a group with Catennaci, McNabb, Hackett and Tropp for prospects 7-10. By July, following the draft, he'd have a hard time cracking the top 10 with our 4 picks in the first two rounds. Ask Luke Adam what scoring success in juniors and the AHL mean in the long run.
He's higher than Armia/Pysyk/McCabe and probably Larsson

Old
05-03-2013, 10:25 AM
English stars fan

Quote:
Grigorenko
Armia
Pysyk
Girgensons
McCabe
Larsson

Yeah, you clearly have no idea how good Brett Rithcie is then

Old
05-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Grigorenko
Armia
Pysyk
Girgensons
McCabe
Larsson

I'll give you Grigirenko for sure, and maybe Armia. And probably whoever you draft at #8. But that's it. Just because Luke Adam scored in juniors/AHL and hasn't yet in the NHL doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with Brett Ritchie.

-Vagrant
Old
05-03-2013, 10:31 AM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
I am from Niagara Falls, FYI. I know how good he is. You don't seem to know how good other players are.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:43 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
You have no idea how good Buffalo's prospect pool is then.
-Armia has a big body and a great shot. He was huge down the stretch for his team, who were out of a playoff spot most of the early part of the season, and then went on to win a championship. He's got 1st line goal scoring upside.
-Mark Pysyk is an NHLer. He's proven as much. Silky smooth skater, active stick, great defensive positioning/gap control, makes the right first pass.
-Coach Cassidy said Girgensons, as the youngest skater in the AHL this year, far exceeded what he expected him to bring (recently scoring 3 of the Amerks 6 playoff goals in a 3 game sweep by the Marlies) and called his development curve this year "off the charts".
-Larsson plays a strong possession game, mucks hard along the boards and has the skill to become a 2nd liner as well.
-McCabe obviously wowed a lot of people at World Juniors, captaining the team to gold, while being a top defender in the tournament. Scored some timely goals and played solid D. Coming from a college program that's constantly churning out high quality NHL defensemen.

Ritchie could arguably be in the mix with or ahead of some of those guys, but you're fooling yourself if you think the only better prospect the Sabres have is Grigorenko.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:48 AM
English stars fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
-Armia has a big body and a great shot. He was huge down the stretch for his team, who were out of a playoff spot most of the early part of the season, and then went on to win a championship. He's got 1st line goal scoring upside.
-Mark Pysyk is an NHLer. He's proven as much. Silky smooth skater, active stick, great defensive positioning/gap control, makes the right first pass.
-Coach Cassidy said Girgensons, as the youngest skater in the AHL this year, far exceeded what he expected him to bring (recently scoring 3 of the Amerks 6 playoff goals in a 3 game sweep by the Marlies) and called his development curve this year "off the charts".
-Larsson plays a strong possession game, mucks hard along the boards and has the skill to become a 2nd liner as well.
-McCabe obviously wowed a lot of people at World Juniors, captaining the team to gold, while being a top defender in the tournament. Scored some timely goals and played solid D. Coming from a college program that's constantly churning out high quality NHL defensemen.

Ritchie could arguably be in the mix with or ahead of some of those guys, but you're fooling yourself if you think the only better prospect the Sabres have is Grigorenko.
Before getting your panties in a twist, I was refuting his claim that all those players were clearly better prospects than Ritchie. Chill out man....

Old
05-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Before getting your panties in a twist, I was refuting his claim that all those players were clearly better prospects than Ritchie. Chill out man....
Yeah 8th best is kind of ridiculous. I think you can argue around 5th-ish though. We're all homers so we see the best in our prospects and are ignorant to other team's.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Layne Staley

I

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
And Grigs and Girgs are far better then Ritchie ainec. While Ritchie was spending his overage season in the Ohl, Grigs played in the NHL at 18 and Girgs played in the AHL at 18. Those 2 were also top 15 picks. Keep Ritchie we don't want him, he would be our 6th best prospect at best.

Grigorenko
Armia
Girgensons
Pysyk
Larsson

Old
05-03-2013, 11:01 AM
English stars fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
And Grigs and Girgs are far better then Ritchie ainec. While Ritchie was spending his overage season in the Ohl, Grigs played in the NHL at 18 and Girgs played in the AHL at 18. Those 2 were also top 15 picks. Keep Ritchie we don't want him, he would be our 6th best prospect at best.

Grigorenko
Armia
Girgensons
Pysyk
Larsson
Tell me, when did Ritchie had his overage season? He's still only 19...

And saying someone was a "top x" pick is a strawman argument. Glennie was 8th ov so he's CLEARLY better than Grigs and Girgs

Old
05-03-2013, 11:06 AM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

He has a lot to prove before he could be put in a category with those guys. Each of them has had success at higher levels and a better pedigree. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to pass those guys, but as of right now, he wouldn't. Stars fans might not realize the company I put him with in our 7-10 range. McNabb is an AHL all-star who has seen success in the NHL in his brief stints. Tropp was playing on a line with Vanek and Hodgson last year before being injured for a full season. Hackett is one of the highest rated goalie prospects by HF standards and Catennaci is a player with on a similar level in the same league.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
He has a lot to prove before he could be put in a category with those guys. Each of them has had success at higher levels and a better pedigree. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to pass those guys, but as of right now, he wouldn't. Stars fans might not realize the company I put him with in our 7-10 range. McNabb is an AHL all-star who has seen success in the NHL in his brief stints. Tropp was playing on a line with Vanek and Hodgson last year before being injured for a full season. Hackett is one of the highest rated goalie prospects by HF standards and Catennaci is a player with on a similar level in the same league.
They are all prospects!!!!! Nothing is guaranteed, isn't that right Patrik Štefan.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:19 AM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
They are all prospects!!!!! Nothing is guaranteed, isn't that right Patrik Štefan.
Right, and right now he'd be in the 7-10 range for us, and lower than that come July. Why would we trade our leading assist man for him?

Old
05-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
No interest in trading Ritchie.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough2PlayAgainst View Post
I agree that Buffalo would never do the deal because of their lack of depth at center, but I think you're underselling Ritchie based on your "dime a dozen" assessment.
Ummm...lack of depth...interesting.

Meet hodgson, grigorenko, Larrson, Girgensons, Ennis, catenacci, late this seasn the tried Foligno there as well.....all under 23 yrs old.

If buffalo want to get a center it would be more of a veteran type.

To get Enns this young based on prospects you'd have t gve your teams 1st(10th if I recall).

Last edited by Djp: 05-03-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old
05-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Djp

Quote:
I'll give you Grigirenko for sure, and maybe Armia. And probably whoever you draft at #8. But that's it. Just because Luke Adam scored in juniors/AHL and hasn't yet in the NHL doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with Brett Ritchie.

Girgensons was picked at 14 last year.......he has been ne of the AHO teams top players the last few weeks.

Pysyk had played. At the NzhL level for about half the season..he has earned a top 6 next year...by the way he also was a first round pick (2010).

Larrson...asked Minnesota fans how they felt of him beng dealt.

Catenacci is 20... I thnk he s better than Ritchie.

In terms of forwards he would be buried behind 6 at least. Possibly behind any of the forwards picked at 8 or 16 this year too.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Girgensons was picked at 14 last year.......he has been ne of the AHO teams top players the last few weeks.
Draft position is irrelevant. He's a nice prospect, but doesnt have the offensive ability that Ritchie has.

Quote:
Pysyk had played. At the NzhL level for about half the season..he has earned a top 6 next year...by the way he also was a first round pick (2010).
Draft position is still irrelevant.

Quote:
Larrson...asked Minnesota fans how they felt of him beng dealt.
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
Catenacci is 20... I thnk he s better than Ritchie.
Of course you do. They played in the same league this season. Ritchie scored 3 more goals and 3 less points in 14 less games played. They are not comparable at all.

Quote:
In terms of forwards he would be buried behind 6 at least. Possibly behind any of the forwards picked at 8 or 16 this year too.
Absolutely not. Yes, he'd most likely be behind whoever you pick at 8. I've already said as much. 16 though, I highly doubt it.

You keep your tiny 2nd line center that is awful on faceoffs. We'll keep our 6'4 potential 30 goal scoring powerforward.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
So almost two pages for a deal most supporters of both teams find painful from their own perspective. That's usually a sign of a fair deal.

05-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
So almost two pages for a deal most supporters of both teams find painful from their own perspective. That's usually a sign of a fair deal.
Painful for Buffalo? Hardly.

Ritchie's a good big winger prospect and a frickin' 1st/2nd for Ennis?

Stupid brutal. Of all of our winger prospects, you want to trade the biggest and most hyped for a tiny munchkin, who, while being a fairly effective NHL player, isn't exactly what we should be looking for?

No, it's a stupid trade, not a painful trade by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh. And we throw in Larsen? Even more brutal.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Djp

Quote:

Of course you do. They played in the same league this season. Ritchie scored 3 more goals and 3 less points in 14 less games played. They are not comparable at all.

Line mates have alot to do with that. How much dd he benfit by who he played with?

30 goal power forward is pushing it.......

Old
05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Quote:
Line mates have alot to do with that. How much dd he benfit by who he played with?
Do you have anything to back this up at all? Strome's coattails must be pretty long for them to be reaching all the way to Austin now.

Quote:
Maybe a little, but thats his upside.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:

You do realize for the time Strome with the Islanders... Ritchie kept scoring...

Nice try.

And in the AHL... without Strome or any high talent center.... ... Ritchie is scoring

Closed Thread