HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

vCash: 500
Wishing Eller a speedy recovery...it's sad to see this happen just as Lars was in the midst of asserting himself as our best forward and establishing himself as a dominant player for years to come. Here's to hoping he comes back stronger than ever!

Old
05-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Blanka

Leaf fan coming in peace. I won't comment on the hit, other than to say that I hope Eller's ok and back in the lineup soon. No one likes to see players get hurt like that. Good luck.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Gotta suck being Eller today, that was a hard hit, probably spent the night at the General.
Ya think?

It was horrible to watch. Hope we never have to witness something like that happen again for a long, long time.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:45 AM
OgieO

Hey guys. Really hoping for a complete and speedy recovery for Eller. Do not like to see injuries like that.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Tulip

According to Elllers father talking to the danish tabloid Ekstrabladet there's no jaw fracture or bleeding in the head. Broken nose, a few teeth and maybe something small (?) with his cheekbone. (My danish isnt that good).

Quote:
- Scanningsresultaterne viser ingen blødninger i hjernen, og der er ikke noget kæbebrud, fortæller Montreal Canadiens-spillerens far Olaf Eller til Ekstra Bladet.

- Der er måske noget småtteri på kindbenet, og så selvfølgelig nogle tænder og en brækket næse. Så han er sluppet rimelig heldigt fra det, siger Eller.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1967275.ece

Get well fast Eller.

Edit: He also says Lars got away rather lucky from the hit (!), so I take that as a good sign.

Last edited by Tulip: 05-03-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old
05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
habfaninvictoria

I feel so bad for Larry. He's been a steady player most of the year. That hit is pretty much a predatory play... it's debatable whether it's dirty or not ... what's not debatable is that he hit a player who was completely vulnerable with a check that could only have been designed for one thing... to hurt him. Other options were open to this player (don't know his name or number...McLean lost a ton of my respect with that BS comment last night) to separate Larry from the puck. He can't use the excuse that the game happens so fast, because he clearly read the play and timed his hit for that moment. The league really needs to step up and suspend this or it will continue to happen.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
According to Elllers father talking to the danish tabloid Ekstrabladet there's no jaw fracture or bleeding in the head. Broken nose, a few teeth and maybe something small (?) with his cheekbone. (My danish isnt that good).

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1967275.ece

Get well fast Eller.

Edit: He also says Lars got away rather lucky from the hit (!), so I take that as a good sign.
I hope Eller makes it back by game 5 (if there is one) and the habs explode.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
A translation of Olaf Eller's words to the newspaper would be that "The results of the scanning shows not bleeding inside the brain and there is no jaw fracture" - "there might be some small [fractures] on the cheekbone, off course a couple of teeth [lost] and a broken nose. So he got away with it with a fair amount of luck"

Last edited by Justinov: 05-03-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old
05-03-2013, 09:57 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
A translation of Olaf Eller's words to the newspaper would be that "The results of the scanning shows not bleeding inside the brain and their is no jaw fracture" - "there might be some small [fractures] on the cheekbone, off course a couple of teeth [lost] and a broken nose. So he got away with it with a fair amount of luck"
So does this mean no concussion? Because I'd find that hard to believe.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I don't think it means no concussion, but it definitely means no major facial injuries, which, in turn, means that the concussion is the biggest obstacle in the recovery.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
It means no brain hemorrhage. It's senseless to think he's not concussed.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:03 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
A translation of Olaf Eller's words to the newspaper would be that "The results of the scanning shows not bleeding inside the brain and their is no jaw fracture" - "there might be some small [fractures] on the cheekbone, off course a couple of teeth [lost] and a broken nose. So he got away with it with a fair amount of luck"
If this is accurate, it's really the best possible result. The injuries could have been so much worse as it appeared that Larry's jaw hit the ice first.

Get well soon Lars.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Just woke up from sleep, still feel horrible for Eller. Still have the images of him on the ice motionless and the picture of him leaving the ice in blood with a swollen face.

I've seen this too many times with Pacioretty and Zednik. Always happens to our best player.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Just woke up from sleep, still feel horrible for Eller. Still have the images of him on the ice motionless and the picture of him leaving the ice in blood with a swollen face.

I've seen this too many times with Pacioretty and Zednik. Always happens to our best player.
Koivu's eye, knees. Markov's knees.

The team is cursed. Its always our best player that gets hurt. Really does feel like we're cursed sometimes.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:10 AM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
There's a difference between concussion and post-concussion syndrome. Eller could conceivably be back in 7 days no worse for wear.

Hopefully.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:20 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
There's a difference between concussion and post-concussion syndrome. Eller could conceivably be back in 7 days no worse for wear.

Hopefully.
I hope so, not only do we get my favorite player back sooner, but it makes my prediction in the GDT all the more awesome.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:20 AM
TUCKER 06

My Fiance doesn't understand why I was so upset about a guy I've never met before.

"Larry Love" is one of my fav habs players and to see him lying on the ice like that....well, it's something I can't stop thinking about.

I can respect the fact that the Sens Dman probably didn't intend to hurt Eller, but the results speak for themselves. Eller was unconscious well before he hit the ice, which (to me at least) is evidence of a massive headshot. Most of the damage to his face was done when he hit the ice, unfortunately.

It angers me even more to think that some no-name guy is going to miss one game (if there is any justice at all in the league) and poor Lars, one of the Habs most important players, is in agony and probably won't be returning any time soon.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:37 AM
BLONG7

Let's hope he is gonna be OK...and soon...I would imagine his season is over though...

Old
05-03-2013, 10:39 AM
jwolf

Has there been any educated speculation or news on whether Gryba is being suspended or not? Can't imagine he gets off scott-free for this.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
It means no brain hemorrhage. It's senseless to think he's not concussed.
Concussion symptoms often don't appear right away anyway.

Even in the absolutely best case scenario, Eller is gone for at least a week, but really the less expected from Eller right now the better. It's more important for him to be 100% for next year and to focus on his health first.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:42 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Has there been any educated speculation or news on whether Gryba is being suspended or not? Can't imagine he gets off scott-free for this.
Both McKenzie and Fraser on TSN said they strongly doubted there would be a suspension, so it's unlikely.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:42 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
From what I understand there's a hearing. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get at least 1 game, using the Ference suspension as a parameter.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:37 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

I was exactly feeling and thinking like you this morning

Old
05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Yep
Lighthearted

vCash: 50
Not a hit to the head according to the rules (head contact is considered secondary contact in that case) .

Not a blindside hit according to the rules (because he had puck possession even if it was for 0,000007 sec).

Well, change the *********** rules, because that's not the hockey I want to watch nor the hockey my kids to emulate.

Last edited by Yep: 05-03-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old
05-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Both McKenzie and Fraser on TSN said they strongly doubted there would be a suspension, so it's unlikely.
Hey it's the Habs, i'm not surprised. We can't be confident that the league can help us. Same thing happened with Chara/Max Pac.

Closed Thread