HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colten Teubert

Old
05-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Mentallydull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Eh. Hosed may be a bit too strong, but the Oilers gave up the exact kind of player they are now looking for to fill a spot in their top nine. The one warm body they got in return is no more than just that.
I certainly hope the Oilers aren't looking for players like Penner to fill spots in the top 9. There's a reason he's been scratched from the Kings lineup for so many games.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Probably, but at the same time where was Smith at 23 years old?

This is why I'm opposed to project type players that take a long time to develop.
At 23, Jason Smith had been traded from his drafting team, the NJ Devils to Toronto Maple Leafs.

He had played 164 NHL games already by then, and was a -1 in plus minus up to then. He spent three years in Toronto aged 23 - 25, but every year he was a minus player.

By age 25, he was traded to this third team, the Oil and every year there after he was a plus player (except for his last Oil year).

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Aerchon

I watched every Barons game during the lockout and Tueberts upside is a #7-8 D-man.

He took a large step back from what I understand from the year before.

Still early enough that he might be able to turn it around but highly highly unlikely this guy gets more than a handful of games at the NHL level.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 02:53 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
Still early enough that he might be able to turn it around but highly highly unlikely this guy gets more than a handful of games at the NHL level.
and with Klefbom, Marincin and Musil coming along, nevermind Marty Gernat.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Broilers

I wuold like to sign him for 1 year

We do not lose anything to sign him. We can give him fair chance in the training camp if he does not clear the wavers .... so what

Our d-depth is

Smid
Petry
J.Schultz
N.Schultz
Potter

Two spots open. I think we should trade for Mike Green and Teubert will take 7th spot if not being played out some of our prospects.
Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Fedun and Musil all need one season in OKCity. They are pretty good call ups if needed. Especially Klefbom need to get used to NA rink.

Green Petry
Smid J.Schultz
N.Scultz Potter/Teubert

Broilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:01 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilers View Post
We do not lose anything to sign him. We can give him fair chance in the training camp if he does not clear the wavers .... so what

Our d-depth is

Smid
Petry
J.Schultz
N.Schultz
Potter

Two spots open. I think we should trade for Mike Green and Teubert will take 7th spot if not being played out some of our prospects.
Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Fedun and Musil all need one season in OKCity. They are pretty good call ups if needed. Especially Klefbom need to get used to NA rink.

Green Petry
Smid J.Schultz
N.Scultz Potter/Teubert
I'd like to keep Teubert for one more as well. Question, given that we have for younger d-men that will play in OKC what do we need for vets? Do we have to go out and sign a proven AHL vet to be a #1 d-man just in case there is struggles or callups?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:20 AM
thinlizzy

I don't know why the Oilers basically went off the grid when drafting Plante. They stated his foot speed was an issue. If any of the D in the farm was showing promise this season I would have expected them to get a sniff rather then the organization going and trading for a D man like they did.

thinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:31 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
heart and effort and nastiness
Stop guessing, ha ha.

Mobility and decision making mostly. The latter might be remedied by some NHL time, but the mobility is what is keeping him from making an NHL roster in my opinion.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post
I don't know why the Oilers basically went off the grid when drafting Plante. They stated his foot speed was an issue. If any of the D in the farm was showing promise this season I would have expected them to get a sniff rather then the organization going and trading for a D man like they did.
There were rumors that a lot of teams were talking Plante up a lot in the days leading up to the draft. Foot speed is an issue that is often fixable, but I`m not sure why it did not with Plante. I don't think Plante is as "off the grid" as a lot of others seem to think.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:35 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
and with Klefbom, Marincin and Musil coming along, nevermind Marty Gernat.
Klefbom likely makes the big club next year. I don't see how any of these four guys makes Teubert expendable.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:58 AM
McDNicks17
McDavid Has Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Klefbom likely makes the big club next year. I don't see how any of these four guys makes Teubert expendable.
It's the AHL veterans that would be making Teubert expendable. Not the young guys coming in.

Teubert has maybe a 1% chance to ever make the Oilers, imo. And he hasn't been an above average AHLer either.

The Oilers don't lose anything from letting him go and OKC gains much more with a guy like Brett Clark in Teubert's place.

Teubert hasn't shown any signs of development. The only reason to keep Teubert is to pray he all of a sudden starts developing. And I have a tough time saying that's smart asset management.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:36 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

I was listening to some on line radio about Ok city and Teubert they suggested he was barely fast enough for the AHL

05-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Baronsfan

Ouch. As sad as it was that Teubert was behind Plante on the depth chart, it doesn't get any better. After Plante went down Nelson said Teubert would take his place in the line up, and he did on Wednesday.

However, tonight he is a healthy scratch again. OKC is playing Andrew Hotham, an ECHLer on a PTO, ahead of Teubert in an elimination game.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlizzy View Post

Plante was not that far off the grid.

Here's a Red Line Report back in 2007 that guessed Plante would be drafted #14 by the Avs.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ck-draft_N.htm

Here's one from ESPN that ranked Plante as the sixth best defenseman in the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2791312

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:33 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Musil brings everything Teubert does, but is smarter, stronger, and just generally more talented

05-04-2013, 12:21 AM
puckfan13

I love hearing people make excuses for this guy, sorry but at this point he's just not an NHL defenseman and probably doesn't deserve to fight for a 7 spot in camp even. We'll see how he does there but my mindset would be filling out the 8 D spots without him in mind at the moment and going from there. In event of extreme injury and depletion along with a significant improvement in his play in OKC would be how he would garner consideration to play NHL games next year.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Musil brings everything Teubert does, but is smarter, stronger, and just generally more talented
Yes, I think Musil's arrival will mark the end of Teubert's sojourn.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:49 AM
The Perfect Human*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
To me Musil plays the game sort of like a Alzner-lite. Very solid low-risk defensive defenseman without the absolute disregard for puck movement and transition that Smid has. Hopefully he can become a Scuderi-like player.

I didn't know he was 6'4

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:59 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
I think Teubert could be kept around on the farm, with Musil heading to OK city next year I think Plante is toast

On the farm we have

Fedun 24
Stafford 32 (no hope at the nhl)
Teubert 22
Plante 23
randy jones 31 vet help
Davidson 21
Marincin 20

with both musil and Klefbom hit the the roster next year (Klefbom should start on the farm) that means that two of the above players could and should be moved along. Plante is on top of my list, with stafford and jones next (I believe one of them is on an ahl contract only) followed by Teubert. Fedun shows heart, Maricin is still developing and Davidson battled cancer all year so his season does not count

With the oilers cutting ties with Whitney and Peckham and maybe Fistric, this open the door for some the AHL guys to get some nhl time as a test

jumptheshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
To me Musil plays the game sort of like a Alzner-lite. Very solid low-risk defensive defenseman without the absolute disregard for puck movement and transition that Smid has. Hopefully he can become a Scuderi-like player.

I didn't know he was 6'4

What?

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Ouch. As sad as it was that Teubert was behind Plante on the depth chart, it doesn't get any better. After Plante went down Nelson said Teubert would take his place in the line up, and he did on Wednesday.

However, tonight he is a healthy scratch again. OKC is playing Andrew Hotham, an ECHLer on a PTO, ahead of Teubert in an elimination game.
What in the hell happened to this guy? He looked well clear of Plante last year, yet this is where he's at in his career? Ouch. We might not even qualify him if he's that poorly thought of by his coach.

05-05-2013, 02:14 AM
Suxnet

Honestly, he'll be lucky to make the NHL as a bottom pairing dman. You need to at least be a good skater to make the NHL and he doesn't even have that. Add to that his poor decision-making, like people have mentioned, and things don't look too good for him.

Suxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 02:51 AM
plikestechno

We don't need Plante or Teubert anymore, just dump them and quit wasting contract numbers. I have more of a problem with this organization keeping underwhelming prospects around than just admitting mistakes and cutting losses. This happens to all organizations.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 04:06 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
We don't need Plante or Teubert anymore, just dump them and quit wasting contract numbers. I have more of a problem with this organization keeping underwhelming prospects around than just admitting mistakes and cutting losses. This happens to all organizations.
If he isn't good enough to play now, its time to cut bait.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Hemsky4PM

Too early to write him off. You sign him for another year and see if he's able to get himself back on track. Probably the mental side of the game that is holding him back the most - which doesn't bode well for his long term career.

They need to actually play him next year though - not cast him aside and play ECHL veterans ahead of him.

He'll need to will himself back to a position where he might become a no.7 defenseman. Even a 200 game career could have you set for many years to come financially.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote