Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Fantasy Baseball Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 09:18 AM
mapes

vCash: 500
Both are unavailable actually.

Veras is available but Houston sucks lol.

What about Valverde? Will he regain it when he comes up?

Old
04-22-2013, 03:48 PM
mapes

Also, is there reason to be concerned of keeping Verlander long term in a keeper league? Should I try to trade him for a Strasburg or Kershaw? His ERA and strikeout numbers look good so at face value he seems to be the same. My issue I'm having is he has dropped 1.9 mph on his fastball. I remember some suggesting in Spring Training that he was losing a bit of velocity and it seems to have carried over to real games. Is it something to worry about long term?

Old
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Also, is there reason to be concerned of keeping Verlander long term in a keeper league? Should I try to trade him for a Strasburg or Kershaw? His ERA and strikeout numbers look good so at face value he seems to be the same. My issue I'm having is he has dropped 1.9 mph on his fastball. I remember some suggesting in Spring Training that he was losing a bit of velocity and it seems to have carried over to real games. Is it something to worry about long term?
I wouldn't worry too much. Its not uncommon for pitchers to lose some velocity after a long season. You have to remember that Verlander pitched an entire month longer than most pitchers last season.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:48 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. Its not uncommon for pitchers to lose some velocity after a long season. You have to remember that Verlander pitched an entire month longer than most pitchers last season.
I suppose. He's like Halladay used to be when it comes to IP.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I suppose. He's like Halladay used to be when it comes to IP.
Its not just IP, pitching an extra month really messes with a pitcher's off-season routine.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:42 AM
keslerburrows

Well, I pulled of my 2nd trade of the early season in my first year keeper league today.

I got Eric Hosmer for Josh Reddick and Anthony Rendon

The deal really made to much sense not to do. The logic behind the deal from my perspective was grabbing a back up 1B for Pujols as it is looking more and more as if he will hit the DL pretty soon. Also with Panda and Machado at 3B and Harper, Melky, Jennings and Fowler in the OF- Rendon and Reddick were definitely expendable. For him? Well Hosmer was on his bench, and with Zimmerman being his starting and only 3B, Rendon was a perfect replacement.

Anywho. How'd I do?

Old
04-23-2013, 04:01 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Okay need opinions. If you had to make one of these trades, which one would you make and why?

First I'll say it's a H2H league with these categories.

Offense: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, SLG%
Pitching: IP (If you fail to get 25 IP, you lose every pitching category automatically), W, L, SV, K's, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Now first trade:

Give: Miguel Cabrera, Jed Lowrie, Barry Zito, Dillon Gee
Get: Yoenis Cespedes, Elvis Andrus, Martin Prado, Alejandro De Aza

OR

Give: Miguel Cabrera, Jed Lowrie, Wade Miley
Get: Evan Longoria, Carlos Quentin, Jhonny Peralta, Alexi Ogando

Old
04-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Well, I pulled of my 2nd trade of the early season in my first year keeper league today.

I got Eric Hosmer for Josh Reddick and Anthony Rendon

The deal really made to much sense not to do. The logic behind the deal from my perspective was grabbing a back up 1B for Pujols as it is looking more and more as if he will hit the DL pretty soon. Also with Panda and Machado at 3B and Harper, Melky, Jennings and Fowler in the OF- Rendon and Reddick were definitely expendable. For him? Well Hosmer was on his bench, and with Zimmerman being his starting and only 3B, Rendon was a perfect replacement.

Anywho. How'd I do?
Depending on how your league scoring goes, I'd say it's a fairly risky deal, but does have a chance to be a decent trade. I'll be honest, I'm not a big Hosmer fan, and that's probably the reason why I may not like this deal for you. He's got all the tools to be a Goldschmidt type player that's for sure. I just don't see him progressing. The guy is still young, so maybe I'm being too quick to judge. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Okay need opinions. If you had to make one of these trades, which one would you make and why?

First I'll say it's a H2H league with these categories.

Offense: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, SLG%
Pitching: IP (If you fail to get 25 IP, you lose every pitching category automatically), W, L, SV, K's, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Now first trade:

Give: Miguel Cabrera, Jed Lowrie, Barry Zito, Dillon Gee
Get: Yoenis Cespedes, Elvis Andrus, Martin Prado, Alejandro De Aza

OR

Give: Miguel Cabrera, Jed Lowrie, Wade Miley
Get: Evan Longoria, Carlos Quentin, Jhonny Peralta, Alexi Ogando
To be honest I probably wouldn't do either. However it all depends on what your team looks like and if you're simply trying to add depth to your team (which it looks like it might be the case). If I did have to choose one of those deals though, I'd definitely go for the 1st one without a doubt.

Edit: On second thought, I'd probably do that 1st one. I'd have to see what the rest of your team looks like but I'd say it's a fairly even trade. I hate to give up elite calibre players like Miggy, but if the goal is to add depth you've done a good job. Cespedes, Andrus, and Prado are all excellent players in their own right, and De Aza could have some sneaky potential.

Last edited by Everlong: 04-23-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old
04-23-2013, 05:03 PM
AdmiralsFan24

It's actually not for my team. I proposed trade 2 to the guy (he just took over for an inactive user) and he basically called it a joke of a deal and awful for him and then took the other deal. Now I'm arguing with the other guy who proposed the other trade that it's fine that he didn't take my deal but that it wasn't a joke and that I wasn't giving him any value.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
It's actually not for my team. I proposed trade 2 to the guy (he just took over for an inactive user) and he basically called it a joke of a deal and awful for him and then took the other deal. Now I'm arguing with the other guy who proposed the other trade that it's fine that he didn't take my deal but that it wasn't a joke and that I wasn't giving him any value.
He said #2 was a joke of a deal? Yikes. I'd probably still do it from his end if you took out Jed.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:23 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
He said #2 was a joke of a deal? Yikes. I'd probably still do it from his end if you took out Jed.
Exactly. I'm not saying it's a great deal for him or anything but he's going on about this whole thing to me about how he's trading Miggy the best player obviously and how it's so unfair for him, I then point out that Longoria is the best player he would have gotten in either deal back. He wanted outfield help, I gave him a solid corner outfielder (his current outfielders are Alex Gordon, Lorenzo Cain, Angel Pagan, Vernon Wells and Jeff Francoeur with Jason Kubel on the DL).

I know Quentin isn't as good as Cespedes but he provides some power, some homers and some walks and he'll be hitting in the middle of the Padres lineup so there will be some RBI opportunities. I know Andrus is better than Peralta too but Peralta also provides some decent power and the last time Ogando was a starter he was pretty close stat wise to Miley so that's a fairly even deal and he's started out well this year too. Granted Miley has as well but if I'm giving up a solid starter, I want one back.

Here's his whole roster btw to give you an idea of what we have to work with on trades.

C - Pierzynski
1B - Encarnacion
2B - Kipnis
SS - Lowrie
3B - Miggy
LF - Gordon
CF - Pagan
RF - Francoeur
OF - Cain
Utility - Kendrick
Utility - Wells
Bench - Mesoraco
Bench - Loney
Bench - Helton
DL - Kubel
DL - Hanley Ramirez

SP - Gio Gonzalez
SP - Dan Haren
SP - Wade Miley
RP - Albuquerque
RP - Heath Bell
P - Derek Holland
P - Jaime Garcia
P - Jason Hammel
P - Roy Halladay
Bench - Zito
Bench - Gee
DL - Hanrahan

So it's not like we have a ton of options in trades and he was willing to trade Miggy. We're not going to completely gut our teams to help him get some non crappy depth on his team. Granted it's not his fault because he just took over the team from someone else but still.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Wait I'm confused, I thought you were giving Miggy. If that was the case, I could see why he wouldn't like it.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
AdmiralsFan24

No, he said he would trade Miggy to fill holes on his roster elsewhere.

My trade he would basically replace Miggy with Longoria, he could add Quentin and drop Francoeur, replace Lowrie with Peralta (it's a 16 team league so there's nothing on the free agent list) and replace Miley with Ogando.

Instead he's replacing Miggy with Prado (has 3B eligibility), Lowrie with Andrus and trading Zito and Gee (Gee will be dropped) for Cespedes and De Aza.

Like I said, I understand why he liked the other trade better, I was just mad when he called my trade a joke.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Oh okay I gotchya.

For the record I hate it when people say derogatory things about a proposed deal. Claiming it as a "joke" is a sure fire way to remove that person as a possible trading partner in the future. (if it's a keeper league anyway).

Old
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
mapes

I keep wanting to trade Arencibia, I hate keeping guys who I doubt will keep it up but hold alot of value (where it wont get much higher) but damn, with each passing day he's making it harder for me to make him available.

Also, admirals, I read it as you were giving up Miggy as well but if you're getting him I can see why he wouldn't do it. No need for him to call it a "joke", though.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:39 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Ok, so I've NEVER played fantasy baseball, and my friends talked me in to playing. One of the peeps in our league keeps telling me that trading me Youkilis and D. Span for E Encarnacion is a good deal. To me, it seems like value is off, as Youkilis always seems injured, and Encarnacion is someone I bet on rebounding... and as-is he's one of my upper half better hitters.

Am I just really undervaluing Span?

Thoughts?

Old
04-25-2013, 02:46 PM
mapes

I wouldn't do it. People know you're new and will BS you alot. Happened to me big time. EE can hit 35-40 home runs and Youk can't stay healthy. Ever. Span isn't very good.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Ok, so I've NEVER played fantasy baseball, and my friends talked me in to playing. One of the peeps in our league keeps telling me that trading me Youkilis and D. Span for E Encarnacion is a good deal. To me, it seems like value is off, as Youkilis always seems injured, and Encarnacion is someone I bet on rebounding... and as-is he's one of my upper half better hitters.

Am I just really undervaluing Span?

Thoughts?
Tell him to eff off. Horrible offer.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
mapes

Hope you didnt do it, EE is on fire!!

I remember a few years ago Span was ranked 62 (not sure how) and you could t get either straight up for EE

Old
04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Burrows19

vCash: 7363
How do you guys think I did on my deal?

I give:
Jordan Zimmerman,Hunter Pence and Yuniensky Betancourt (Picked up last week)

I receive:
Yoenis Cespedes and Brandon Morrow

I'm a Jays fan and this is a keeper league so I'm curious on your thoughts.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
mapes

Wow sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

Over last weekend alone:

I offered CC for Stanton. He countered Price and Young for Stanton and Dickey. Didnt understand the counter, I felt it was worse for him than I offered but I was gone out. By the time I saw it, he dealt Stanton for Perkens and Wright. I was pretty mad as I really liked his counter.

In a keeper league I offered to give up Lester, Cruz and Bruce for Stanton. Got rejected.

He's a great but low, every year he sucks in April. Now fast forward a couple days and he is now on the DL and could miss a month, probably more. Dodged a bullet especially in the 1 year league

Old
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
mapes

Veto?

So I'm in a H2H keeper league. Over the past few days I've had a back and forth exchange.

First offer I sent:

Give up: Bruce, Cruz and Shields
I get: Fielder

Counter:

I give up: a 3rd, Stubbs, Cruz and Shields
I get: a 4th and Fielder

Now I would have accepted this but in order to keep someone a second straight year you give up your top pick. If you don't have a 3rd rounder, you can only keep 2 guys who were kept the previous year. All other guys you lose the pick they were drafted in. If you get them in free agency, if you weren't the one who drafted him, you lose your last round pick (I got Tulo last year because of this somehow). The guy screwed up and took a 4th from me this year when it should have been a 25th rounder but anyhow, enough background.

My counter and perhaps overpayment:

I give: Stubbs, Kendrick, Cruz, Shields, 8th round, 10th round
I get: Everth Cabrera, Fielder, 15th rounder and 24th round

His counter which was puzzling (I accepted very fast):

I give: Mcclouth, Cruz and Shields
I get: Buck and Fielder

That's not near as good for him as what I offered so of course I accept. Now a few are complaining. Understandable but I also lost a 4th rounder because of an error on his part and did I complain? The only thing they have me was first waiver but I had 4th. I never asked for it either. I also don't think it's that bad if you take Buck out. Cruz has very good stats and Shields is a great arm. I have Verlander, Moore and Lester as well. My first basemen are Youk, Swisher and Smoak so it sucks there.

Would you veto it given all circumstances?

Worth noting this same guy delt Fielder for Latos and Dunn in another league

Old
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrows19 View Post
How do you guys think I did on my deal?

I give:
Jordan Zimmerman,Hunter Pence and Yuniensky Betancourt (Picked up last week)

I receive:
Yoenis Cespedes and Brandon Morrow

I'm a Jays fan and this is a keeper league so I'm curious on your thoughts.
Looks like you dropped the soap.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:39 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
How much longer should I start JJ Hardy over Alcides Escobar? Escobar has almost twice as many points in my 12 team H2H league...

Old
05-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
How much longer should I start JJ Hardy over Alcides Escobar? Escobar has almost twice as many points in my 12 team H2H league...
I've got Hardy in a 12t pts league. Even where avg isn't a stat he's beyond useless. Has pushed Jhonny Peralta into an everyday role for me. Man is SS ever shallow right now.

Closed Thread