HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ticket Prices 2013-2014

View Poll Results: Are you renewing or buying season tickets at these prices?
Yes 45 54.22%
No 28 33.73%
Undecided 10 12.05%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 10:48 AM
niinah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125 View Post
I have Nicole as well - I also told her I don't want my current seats. She said she'll reach out in the summer.

We'll see. I've come to terms with giving up my current seats as I do not think they are worth it at all, and if that means I'm not going to be a season ticket holder, so be it.
I share your sentiments and hope we both get lucky with the downgrades... and if not, life goes on.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Fataldogg

Ticket prices are crazy. I'm a hardcore fan and can't afford going to the game with my family. I was looking into the playoff tickets, some of the cheapest seats were $150 (and they were terrible seats), and if I took three or four people with me you're looking at dropping $450-600 on a game where the team might not even show up.

If they make a decent run in the playoffs, I'll get Conference Finals tickets.

But getting a partial plan for next season, which would be nice to do, is still way too expensive. I feel like the ticket prices are going up exponentially with the renovations of MSG. Going to MSG was always expensive, but now it's getting out of hand.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
RUSF18

I frequently sit in row 3 of the 200s thanks to a generous friend. I've sat in row 2 and enjoyed them very much, as the extra leg room while small is nice. But I also briefly sat in row 1 just for a few minutes when they were empty, and honestly I wouldn't sit in those seats even if they were the same price as row 2. As someone said, the screens are distracting and I found myself looking through the top of the glass. Plus you get the schmucks like me who are asking you to put on MSG instead of whatever else you feel like having on, which is your right as the guy paying up for the seat.

Call their bluff.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:41 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Ticket prices are crazy. I'm a hardcore fan and can't afford going to the game with my family. I was looking into the playoff tickets, some of the cheapest seats were $150 (and they were terrible seats), and if I took three or four people with me you're looking at dropping $450-600 on a game where the team might not even show up.

If they make a decent run in the playoffs, I'll get Conference Finals tickets.

But getting a partial plan for next season, which would be nice to do, is still way too expensive. I feel like the ticket prices are going up exponentially with the renovations of MSG. Going to MSG was always expensive, but now it's getting out of hand.
So don't go. Or, don't bring the whole family. Buy two tickets and just bring different family members each time. Conference Finals tickets will be at least $300 each on the secondary market.

Last edited by patnyrnyg: 05-05-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old
05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
NYRKING30

I split my seasons with a friend, Im only 24 but dont even understand how some of you that have seasons for your family afford it. God bless lol.

Old
05-05-2013, 07:02 PM
NYRKING30

So did everyone renew their seats for next year? Just of out of curiosity, who DID NOT renew for next season. I am really curious to see the consensus for all the gallery row people rows 1 and 2 upstairs to see what they did. As for myself? I did not renew as of yet but will be doing so I reached out to my rep yesterday and I am hoping for a call back tomorrow.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Rangers110

I renewed my 4 seats in Section 220, row 1 gallery seats for next year. I'm a little annoyed that they bumped these seats up by $10 and the 2nd row by only 3 or 4 but obviously not annoyed enough to not renew. I also think that the drop off in price for the 2nd row Gallery seats is ridiculous.
If they really consider them Gallery seats then they should be priced accordingly. When you try to sell the 1st row Gallery seats on Stubhub they are listed along with the 2nd row seats. The people who have 2nd row gallery seats have the best bargain in the world from a value standpoint and from a resale standpoint.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers110 View Post
I renewed my 4 seats in Section 220, row 1 gallery seats for next year. I'm a little annoyed that they bumped these seats up by $10 and the 2nd row by only 3 or 4 but obviously not annoyed enough to not renew. I also think that the drop off in price for the 2nd row Gallery seats is ridiculous.
If they really consider them Gallery seats then they should be priced accordingly. When you try to sell the 1st row Gallery seats on Stubhub they are listed along with the 2nd row seats. The people who have 2nd row gallery seats have the best bargain in the world from a value standpoint and from a resale standpoint.
Do you usually use all 4 of your row 1 seats? I've got a pair in row 1 and three in row 2 and I think I've decided to drop the row 1s. With my three costing $24 less than my pair that's a hell of a bargain for a single row difference. They are marketing the first row as a premier seat at a huge premium, and personally I can't justify it.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
They are marketing the first row as a premier seat at a huge premium, and personally I can't justify it.
The premium is a way for people to buy their way in. Third row is the best value, so then why not buy 3rd row some would say? Because they're not available. 1st row is expensive enough that if you really want to you can get season tickets there by waiting a year or less

Old
05-06-2013, 11:29 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The premium is a way for people to buy their way in. Third row is the best value, so then why not buy 3rd row some would say? Because they're not available. 1st row is expensive enough that if you really want to you can get season tickets there by waiting a year or less
I would argue the 2nd row is the best value. Half as many rows in front of you (compared to row 3) and you have the extra legroom, and your tickets are "Gallery Seats" so you can tout that on the resale market for additional markup. Whether that's worth $6 a ticket is debatable, but to me it is. Regardless, I think we can all agree that first few rows after row 1 are much better values.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Rangers110

[QUOTE=broadwayblue;65402913]Do you usually use all 4 of your row 1 seats? I've got a pair in row 1 and three in row 2 and I think I've decided to drop the row 1s. With my three costing $24 less than my pair that's a hell of a bargain for a single row difference. They are marketing the first row as a premier seat at a huge premium, and personally I can't justify it.[/QUOTE)

In this short season I only used all 4 seats about 3 times. I went to about 8 of the 24 home games this year and sold the rest. I bought 4 seats with the intention of selling 2 of them for each playoff game to help offset the price of the the other 2 seats. Hopefully next year with a full season I can continue to be able to sell a fair amount of the tickets. I also have 2 tickets in section 115, row 15 that I share with 3other people. I like the 1st row gallery seats better.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Cmf1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
So did everyone renew their seats for next year? Just of out of curiosity, who DID NOT renew for next season. I am really curious to see the consensus for all the gallery row people rows 1 and 2 upstairs to see what they did. As for myself? I did not renew as of yet but will be doing so I reached out to my rep yesterday and I am hoping for a call back tomorrow.
Not renewing my row 1 gallery seats. Overall, wasn't that great of an experience for me. There's enough availability on stubhub to pick and choose which games I want to go to.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:52 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Not renewing my row 1 gallery seats. Overall, wasn't that great of an experience for me. There's enough availability on stubhub to pick and choose which games I want to go to.
Just sat in my row 1s tonight. They are definitely a mixed bag. It's nice being in the first row. No arguing that. But the glass is a bit of a distraction...not horrendous, but the top edge is a bother. TVs are nice for replays, but I can live without them...not to mention I can see them just fine from row 2. All in all I'm fine paying the extra $50 for a playoff game...but can't see the value in an 82 game season.

On a positive note, I now have a 4 game playoff winning streak going at MSG.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Giacomin

When I hear these posts about the row 1 gallery seats I have a few questions. Are they not worth it compared to rows 2 and 3 of the upper bowl or comparing them to a similiar seat in the lower bowl?
I seem to recall that when these seats were offered last year they were almost an extension of the lower bowl and long time row 1 and row 2 tickets holders in the 300,s got bounced because of these new premium seats.
Are they not good seats because of the resale value?
I have never sat in them but they seem like awesome seats.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
ok so who else renewed with their chase card??

Looking forward to skating on the new ice at MSG next year, that's gonna be the highlight of the season for me

Old
05-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Cmf1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
When I hear these posts about the row 1 gallery seats I have a few questions. Are they not worth it compared to rows 2 and 3 of the upper bowl or comparing them to a similiar seat in the lower bowl?
I seem to recall that when these seats were offered last year they were almost an extension of the lower bowl and long time row 1 and row 2 tickets holders in the 300,s got bounced because of these new premium seats.
Are they not good seats because of the resale value?
I have never sat in them but they seem like awesome seats.
Resale value is bad for me. Some people seem to have success selling them but I haven't. Only able to sell a couple at face and a couple at slightly above on stubhub. I don't have time to deal with Craigslist or other ways to avoid fees.

Also while there is no denying the value of a first row, I actually didn't like the environment around my seats. Seemed to be always new folks behind me and around me - didn't feel the same energy as I did even in the lower bowl last year. I sat in lower bowl for playoffs last year and I think the energy even in lower bowl was better than first row gallery. It's almost like suite seating without knowing anyone in your suite.

Also I was told yesterday I couldn't use the TV- that it wasn't part of my seats. What???? Screaming usher insisting I couldn't touch my tv. Ridiculous all the way around. Told my rep to stop sending me renewal reminders today.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Resale value is bad for me. Some people seem to have success selling them but I haven't. Only able to sell a couple at face and a couple at slightly above on stubhub. I don't have time to deal with Craigslist or other ways to avoid fees.

Also while there is no denying the value of a first row, I actually didn't like the environment around my seats. Seemed to be always new folks behind me and around me - didn't feel the same energy as I did even in the lower bowl last year. I sat in lower bowl for playoffs last year and I think the energy even in lower bowl was better than first row gallery. It's almost like suite seating without knowing anyone in your suite.

Also I was told yesterday I couldn't use the TV- that it wasn't part of my seats. What???? Screaming usher insisting I couldn't touch my tv. Ridiculous all the way around. Told my rep to stop sending me renewal reminders today.
Wow! I thought the TV,s were included in the seats.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Rangers110

Quote:

I have row 1 gallery seats and I never heard about not being able to touch the TV. Did you verify this with your rep?

For me the main reasons for paying the extra money for these seats are:
Nobody in front of you to block your view.
Great sight-lines
Extra leg room
and last but not least the TV. If they took the TV away I would go back to my lower bowl seats in section 115.

Next year there is only a $1 per seat difference in price between my row 1 corner gallery seats and my section 115 row 15 seats.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:45 PM
MessierIsGod

I have row 1 gallery seats and we flip the channels all the time. Never been told we can't touch the TV. There is one TV per 2 seats.

But I view the TV as a minus. It takes up space and partially blocks the view. Not sure about radiation either being so close.

The TV, high price and the glass are my reasons for not renewing these.

Old
05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
I can't even blame you there.

Old
05-07-2013, 05:33 PM
broadwayblue

Yup, you should have told the usher to stuff it. The TVs are intended for the use of the row 1 ticket holders. I was using mine last night, although once the game was going I didn't change the channel.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Dangleberry

You can change the channel as you wish. I was flipping between a Devils game and NCAA basketball one time.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Nash Money

Can someone give me a timeline and description for new STH? Do they just call you one day in July and ask if you want X seats, or do they give you an option of what's left?

Old
05-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
Can someone give me a timeline and description for new STH? Do they just call you one day in July and ask if you want X seats, or do they give you an option of what's left?
Well, they'll give you a call but certainly not in July. I received a call in September. I had a choice between 224 and 222 and chose 224.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Socs5199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money

Well, they'll give you a call but certainly not in July. I received a call in September. I had a choice between 224 and 222 and chose 224.

I was called in July and told they only had lower level sec 101.

Closed Thread