HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 4: The 2013 Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 11:08 AM
The Couturier Effect

vCash: 500
Kings fans are already talking about who they're gonna sign in the offseason.

They know it's best of 7 right?

Old
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I def wouldn't want Carter back.....so far in the first couple of games he's looked like his former playoff self in Philly.....when he actually wasn't injured of course.

Richards is just worn goods although I would only want him back at a cheaper price which ain't happenin....

Anyway..at least they got themselves a cup in the modern era something Philly can't brag about...
Yeah what happened with Richards? Every time they showed him on camera his mouth was agape, eyes bulging out of his sockets, looking like he's not even sure where he's at... Cue coked out of his mind jokes, but seriously, he looks so...old and worn now. They showed him skating back to the bench after a shift gasping like **** for air, figured they were going to wheel out the oxygen machine, and I thought he must have got the wind knocked out of him from a hit or something but nope! Was just exhausted after his shift.

Just injuries? Overworked? Just a single few moments that were caught on camera?

Old
05-03-2013, 11:20 AM
The Couturier Effect

Crosby's back tonight.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Crosby's back tonight.
Pierre McGuire just blew his load 64 times

Old
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Yeah what happened with Richards? Every time they showed him on camera his mouth was agape, eyes bulging out of his sockets, looking like he's not even sure where he's at... Cue coked out of his mind jokes, but seriously, he looks so...old and worn now. They showed him skating back to the bench after a shift gasping like **** for air, figured they were going to wheel out the oxygen machine, and I thought he must have got the wind knocked out of him from a hit or something but nope! Was just exhausted after his shift.

Just injuries? Overworked? Just a single few moments that were caught on camera?
Richards plays the game pretty hard but his conditioning (particularly in the offseasons) didn't always marry up..hence why he is prone to being spent. His body type is also not that of an iron man like Rod Brind'amour or anything but very few players are. However, the knock here was that he just wasn't well conditioned enough for the long haul. However, he's had a lot of injuries too so it's probably a combo. Either way I think the Flyers did the right thing in moving him b/c they figured they couldn't get much more out of him but to be fair he got a lot put on his plate very early and the Flyers shouldn't have advertised him and Carter as Crosby and Malkin. Anyway, at least LA got a cup with their help and the series is not over although the Blues are really laying down the hammer on LA. Richards and the rest of the team better put on their hard hats and work harder..

Old
05-03-2013, 11:38 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'd like to see a first time winner this year. So, Blues or Caps for me I think.
My thoughts, as well, as long as it's not Vancouver.

Sharks, Blues, Wild, Caps, Sens would all be fine by me.

05-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Apparently not long before Gryba hit Eller, Subban knocked Neil with a high but legal hit that contacted some of his head. Then he skated past the Ottawa bench talking as much trash about it as he could. I'd say Gryba stepped up to the challenge on that one. It's just a stupid thing to do. Don't give the other team motivation...make the hit and move on. Once I heard that I decided he's likely as much to blame as Diaz for serving Eller up...every Sen was probably looking to level someone and throw it in PK's face.

05-03-2013, 12:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
I def wouldn't want Carter back.....so far in the first couple of games he's looked like his former playoff self in Philly.....when he actually wasn't injured of course.

Richards is just worn goods although I would only want him back at a cheaper price which ain't happenin....

Anyway..at least they got themselves a cup in the modern era something Philly can't brag about...
yeah Carter and Richards should be scoring a ton of goals. because you know Elliot sucks

Old
05-03-2013, 12:11 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Apparently not long before Gryba hit Eller, Subban knocked Neil with a high but legal hit that contacted some of his head. Then he skated past the Ottawa bench talking as much trash about it as he could. I'd say Gryba stepped up to the challenge on that one. It's just a stupid thing to do. Don't give the other team motivation...make the hit and move on. Once I heard that I decided he's likely as much to blame as Diaz for serving Eller up...every Sen was probably looking to level someone and throw it in PK's face.
Subban is one of those guys that I just hate but I'd love him if he was a Flyer.

05-03-2013, 12:16 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Subban is one of those guys that I just hate but I'd love him if he was a Flyer.
yep. the guy is a ********* no doubt, but I would love to have him on this team. Thankfully we have the great Kevin Marshall instead

Old
05-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Subban is an idiot. He can't help himself.

I don't see the relationship between the hits, really.

Subban's was a response to the drubbing all the Habs were taking at the start. Cowen leveled Maxipatch.

Gryba's hit was just a 'keep your head up dummy' play. Clean, beautiful hit.

If they suspend Gryba for that clean shoulder to the chest hit, they might as well just ban contact altogether and call it the National Ringette League.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 05-03-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: cleaned up
Old
05-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Subban is an idiot. He can't help himself.

I don't see the relationship between the hits, really.

Subban's was a response to the drubbing all the Habs were taking at the start. Cowen leveled Maxipatch.

Gryba's hit was just a 'keep your head up dummy' play. Clean, beautiful hit.
I'll have to take your word for it, the Mtl-Ott game is one I only watched for a couple minutes. I'm going off what others are saying.

It just doesn't shock me that Subban would do something that gives the other team gas.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 05-03-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: edited quoted post
Old
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
no thank you

the guy is your prototypical "new" NHL *****

how he hides behind the refs all the time disgusts me

Old
05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
TheLegendkiller

For playing each other so much in the playoffs, the Rangers and Caps have a soft-ass rivalry.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:06 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no thank you

the guy is your prototypical "new" NHL *****

how he hides behind the refs all the time disgusts me
In that case, no thank you lol. He's a good defenseman but if he does that I don't like it.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
In that case, no thank you lol. He's a good defenseman but if he does that I don't like it.
It's his go to move.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:13 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The Flyers should trade Briere and a 7th for Shea Weber. Do it Homer. Do it. Do it.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yeah Carter and Richards should be scoring a ton of goals. because you know Elliot sucks
Not sure where I mentioned they should be scoring TONS of GOALS on Elliot? Oh right you just made that straw man argument up..

They should be playing better along with the rest of the team instead of getting jumped like they have been by the Blues. Richards does look gassed too early and Carter at least should pot some goals by the end of the series (not an unreasonale expectation) given he is still a goal scorer and was a leader in that dept this year but it's only two games... plenty of time to turn it around.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Carter has been one of their best forwards, and Richards hasn't exactly been shabby. He just isn't the player he once was. But, Elliott looks like he's picked up his old form. I've thought Doughty is the most disappointing overall. His defensive play has looked good, but I haven't seen much from him offensively.

The Blues just look like the better team in general, and are on the same page.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:28 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Not sure where I mentioned they should be scoring TONS of GOALS on Elliot? Oh right you just made that straw man argument up..

They should be playing better along with the rest of the team instead of getting jumped like they have been by the Blues. Richards does look gassed and Carter at least should pot some goals by the end of the series (not an unreasonale expectation) given he is still a goal scorer and was a leader in that dept this year but it's only two games... plenty of time to turn it around.
i was being facetious. It doesnt take long for the Jeff Carter haters to show up when things dont go well. LA is facing a very good goalie and a very good defensive minded team. 2-1 games might be the norm for this series.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:32 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Carter has been one of their best forwards, and Richards hasn't exactly been shabby. He just isn't the player he once was. But, Elliott looks like he's picked up his old form. I've thought Doughty is the most disappointing overall. His defensive play has looked good, but I haven't seen much from him offensively.

The Blues just look like the better team in general, and are on the same page.
In Carter's case they do need him to score goals so that is when HE is at his best from my standpoint. Yeah Richards just doesn't seem himself and like the LA board has noted..just has been inconsistent for various reasons. I guess my contention is similar to the argument against Bryz...they are not the sole problem but haven't been part of the solution either and their salaries warrant a bit more but got to give the Blues credit for working and making LA not look great unlike last year where they just did everything right.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:35 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i was being facetious. It doesnt take long for the Jeff Carter haters to show up when things dont go well. LA is facing a very good goalie and a very good defensive minded team. 2-1 games might be the norm for this series.
Unfortunately you construe any criticism of him or Richards as blind hate...as I noted in my previous post ...Carter is at his best as a player when he is scoring goals ..he hasn't done that thus far and they need him to do so to get back into the series. He has NOT been part of the solution in negating some of what the Blues have done..not sure what is unreasonable about that...seriously

Your best players and highest paid like Timonen noted have to be your best players game in and game out. If you are are goal scorer you score.....simple

Old
05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
In Carter's case they do need him to score goals so that is when HE is at his best from my standpoint. Yeah Richards just doesn't seem himself and like the LA board has noted..just has been inconsistent for various reasons. I guess my contention is similar to the argument against Bryz...they are not the sole problem but haven't been part of the solution either and their salaries warrant a bit more but got to give the Blues credit for working and making LA not look great like last year where they just did everything right.
I mean, there isn't much else Carter can do. He's creating chances for himself, and he's even set up plays for others, which isn't normal. Elliott has had an answer for everything.

As I mentioned, I think what they really need is Doughty to step up offensively. Last year he was a big part of their production and in this series he's been tame. The Blues are a mirror of LA, and against teams like that you need to generate as much offense as you can from whoever you can.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:44 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Unfortunately you construe any criticism of him or Richards as blind hate...as I noted in my previous post ...Carter is at his best as a player when he is scoring goals ..he hasn't done that thus far and they need him to do so to get back into the series. He has been part of the solution in negating some of what the Blues have done..not sure what is unreasonable about that...seriously
That is not true at all. Unless you are referring to game 6 of the Cup Final.
As far as this series goes, the Kings have 2 goals in 2 games.
Carter has 8 SOG in 2 games, so he is getting some chances. twice as many as their rumored best player Anze Kopitar.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:44 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I mean, there isn't much else Carter can do. He's creating chances for himself, and he's even set up plays for others, which isn't normal. Elliott has had an answer for everything.

As I mentioned, I think what they really need is Doughty to step up offensively. Last year he was a big part of their production and in this series he's been tame. The Blues are a mirror of LA, and against teams like that you need to generate as much offense as you can from whoever you can.
No not really...he has to FINISH (score) and I'm sure he would say the same thing. He used to say it with the Flyers..I remember in an initial playoff series (Buffalo I think) he wasn't scoring and was frustrated and said his job was to score goals and he wasn't doing it. He is the team's leading goal scorer so they need him to score. I mean I understand that the Blues are neutralizing a lot of the team but when you look at why LA is down 2 games to 0 you have to look at why. If for some reason Carter doesn't get any goals this series you can't just explain it away. That goes for Doughty like you note...

Closed Thread