HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF | Game 2 | 5/3 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00 PM ET | RDS, CBC, CNBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
MacLean re Gryba hit: "Grow up."

This coming from a guy whose team hired a forensic investigator to claim that Cooke intentionally used his skate blade to injure Karlsson.

Poor Leafs, now we have another team who is more worth hating than them.
MacLean is not Eugene Melnyk. Two different people. Melnyk may be a headcase, but he cares about his team and his players. I think 99% of Sens fans don't think Cooke did it intentionally. But that's old news.

That being said, hoping for a good game tonight. MTL is facing some injuries, which generally means other people step up and play well.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
MacLean is not Eugene Melnyk. Two different people. Melnyk may be a headcase, but he cares about his team and his players. I think 99% of Sens fans don't think Cooke did it intentionally. But that's old news.

That being said, hoping for a good game tonight. MTL is facing some injuries, which generally means other people step up and play well.
I'm confused. Where is your usual sarcastic comment?

Old
05-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'm confused. Where is your usual sarcastic comment?
I dunno. You look like a walrus? I got nothin'. Sorry.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnk View Post
Isn't it Koo koo ka-choo?
Good Lord, this is 2013, google the ****ing lyrics before making a fool out of yourself

Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 PM
OgieO

Hey guys, I know we're rivals for another week or so, but I had a question: who is primarily responsible for coaching your D? I was thoroughly impressed with the spacing of your D and think this (improved play of your D) has been a big factor to your tremendous improvement. Plus, you have a budding star in PK so I am wondering if you have a maven behind the bench controlling your D.

Just curious. Thanks

Old
05-03-2013, 01:08 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
As long as we have PK I still think we can win

let's go boys.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:09 PM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Hey guys, I know we're rivals for another week or so, but I had a question: who is primarily responsible for coaching your D? I was thoroughly impressed with the spacing of your D and think this (improved play of your D) has been a big factor to your tremendous improvement. Plus, you have a budding star in PK so I am wondering if you have a maven behind the bench controlling your D.

Just curious. Thanks
Jean-Jacques Daigneault came over from the Rangers.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
SB164

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 2h

Habs Prust on Sens MacLean's comments on Gryba-Eller hit: "We don't care what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say." Fire, meet fuel.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/lates...#pipe42/latest

Old
05-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Quagmier

Without getting too pessimistic about this series, I think I've been on the right side of a goaltender's duel too many times to not know when I'm on the wron side. We put 50 shots on Anderson last night, and the only two that went in were from 3 inches away. Granted Anderson's play is likely not sustainable, but its gonna be hard to win games when the other team is scoring on slapshots from outside the circle, and we have to be in the blue paint to score ours. I am not writing this series off just yet, but I'm slightly weary. Especially given the Habs apparent lack of appetite for getting to the crease area (Gallagher, Prust and Galchenyuk notwithstanding).

With that said, tonight's lineup shouldn't just be a minor retweaking, it should be an overhaul. Yes the Habs dominated play on the Sens last night, but as they have been all season, the Sens are a frustratingly opportunistic team that only needs 1 or 2 openings to make you pay. This team needs to tighten up, and that starts with the forwards. You can't let Karlsson get started. At all. Seeing as we have last change I'd go with this:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Ryder
Moen-Halpern-Prust
Armstrong-White-Dumont

1st line: Put our three most effective players together FFS. Pleks and the kids should eat the minutes against Alfie and Michalek. Ottawa is one of the few teams that is less heralded than we are up front. We can actually match strength for strength against these guys up front and not look totally mismatched. I wrestled with the idea of putting Gallagher on the 2nd line for his backchecking abilities, but in the end if you play not to lose, you often will. Worst case scenario the rookies get some serious playoff initiation.

2nd line: Bourque was great last night, so hopefully he can anchor that 2nd line. I don't think Ryder played all that bad last night, but Therrien seems to have little faith in him. DD should not be on the ice when Karlsson or Alfie are out there. This line needs the sheltered minutes, not the rookie line.

3rd line: help shoulder the defensive load against Karlsson with the top line. Karlsson is prone to taking 1:30 shifts, and forwards shouldn't be out there for more than 45 seconds. Get lines 1 and 3 out there against him at all times. I am probably one of the few posters on here that still has faith in Moen. I think him and Prust can form an effective forecheck/puck possession tandem down low and i think Halpern has been great for us this year (great being relative). We can no longer ice three scoring lines so might as well turn this game into a defensive struggle.

4th line: Hit. Everything. Armstrong hasn't been that effective all season, but he is our best open ice hitter up front. Him and White should be doing everything they can to get the energy going for the Habs. Dumont deserves the final roster spot and can chip in defensively, as he's shown all season. It's not ideal losing three top 9 forwards, but these are the playoffs and this is what we're playing with.

Defense: Can't really change much other than to make sure Tinordi doesn't get 12 mins of icetime. Granted that 5min PP interlude probably didn't help his cause, but Diaz looked incredibly rattled for the remainder of the game following the Eller hit. I would tread carefully with him if i were Therrien and if tonight's game looks the same as yesterday's (for Diaz), i would think long and hard about Drewiskie for game 3.

The Habs were dealt a huge blow in game 1. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did. This is only game 2...but it feels make or break to me.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:14 PM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnk View Post
Isn't it Koo koo ka-choo?
That's another song. Maclean is a walrus, not Mrs. Robinson....

Old
05-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

I have a good feeling about tonight, Patches will be back soon, Gionta wasn't helping anyway, still not ready to press that panic button

Last edited by Doctor No: 05-03-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Discussion of infractions
Old
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
roy munson

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
That's another song. Maclean is a walrus, not Mrs. Robinson....
Or is he?...

Old
05-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaGTI View Post
Michel Therrien is MAD

i love the intensity and passion this man shows for his players and their family!
I didn't understand what he said but I knew exactly what he was saying (during the french part lol). I have always been against MT, until today.

Old
roy munson

It's only the second game tonight and I feel we've played them every playoffs since the beginning of time. So much going on! Eller, Gryba, Price, Prust, Walrus, number 41 (can't remember his name), injuries and I have the feeling the Zamboni isn't quite itself lately... I just don't know if I'm ready for this. My heart.

Also, has Habs bashing become the new "thing"?!? I know it always been there, but boy other fanbases are going at it hard. It's worst than ever. I realise we're loud and in great number, but geeeee-zussss! When we win it's because the other team wasn't very good, when we lose it's "lol!"...

Old
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post

Just curious. Thanks
Is this tongue in cheek? Because the Habs team defence is garbage.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:22 PM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Or is he?...
It's a little secret....

Old
05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Et le But

Seriously, why bother going to the general board if you know you are going to get into a fight? Is it really that hard to resist?

Old
05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
It's only the second game tonight and I feel we've played them every playoffs since the beginning of time. So much going on! Eller, Gryba, Price, Prust, Walrus, number 41 (can't remember his name), injuries and I have the feeling the Zamboni isn't quite itself lately... I just don't know if I'm ready for this. My heart.

Also, has Habs bashing become the new "thing"?!? I know it always been there, but boy other fanbases are going at it hard. It's worst than ever. I realise we're loud and in great number, but geeeee-zussss! When we win it's because the other team wasn't very good, when we lose it's "lol!"...
Yup I feel like I'm being bullied

Old
05-03-2013, 01:24 PM
TUCKER 06

The only kind of goals that are going to be getting by Anderson are "playoff goals" and by that I mean, crashing/banging/hacking/shoving within 5 ft of the net.

I've watched more than enough hockey to know that hardly any fancy goals are scored during the playoffs, especially in the later rounds. Habs have to learn how to score those dirty ones if they want to go deep in the playoffs.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:25 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Guys don't even bother with the main board.. it's a ****ing cesspool.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:26 PM
SB164

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 10m

Found it interesting that Canucks coach Alain Vignault cited Brendan Gallagher as example of what's needed to score goals at playoff time

Old
05-03-2013, 01:26 PM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Is this tongue in cheek? Because the Habs team defence is garbage.
No, not meant to be tongue in cheek. I do think you're missing and/or lack a bit of talent back there (depth anyway), but I think the group looks very well coached. Honestly. I coach and one of my biggest issues is about D spacing - both against an oncoming rush and with the attack up the ice. I think Montreal does a good job with the spacing.

Thanks for the answer above. Appreciated.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:27 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 10m

Found it interesting that Canucks coach Alain Vignault cited Brendan Gallagher as example of what's needed to score goals at playoff time
Gallagher personifies everything a leader should be all about. Gionta was never close from that level of pugnacity and aggressivity.

Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk... feels good to finally have some players other teams out there wish they had.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:29 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Moen More chances that Blunden scores one, IMO.

Haha I know, I was half serious.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:30 PM
capnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Good Lord, this is 2013, google the ****ing lyrics before making a fool out of yourself
You're lucky you put that smiley face at the end of your post ...

Closed Thread