Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

French L1 2012/13

Old
04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

vCash: 500
Joey Barton is no different from an idiot troll on [post forum here], only that he happens to be talented enough to play pro football for teams that Thiago Silva would only scoff at.

Thiago Silva's play yesterday speaks for itself. One of the best CBs in the world, if not the the best already.

Barton is basically the Lindsey Lohan of football, being an idiot on Twitter is the only way he can keep his name in the news

Last edited by vwg*: 04-03-2013 at 10:20 PM.
vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:47 AM
tobo

Didn't know where to post this.
Former giant Racing Strasbourg and local rival FC Mulhouse have set a record during this weekend's game. 20044 fans showed up for this confrontation in the fourth division. Thumbs up for the fans, because I think the quality of the game must have been horrible.

tobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Wow, Strasbourg are in 4th division?

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Evilo

Yeah, DNCG (french "fair play") hit them.

Too bad, because Strasbourg is a real football town.

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:15 AM
Evilo

Mandanda with an absolute MONSTER performance yesterday, which gave a miracle draw to OM against Lille.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Jonimaus

Safe to say PSG will take it yet?

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Evilo

I think yes.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Savi

Marseille's last 6 games: 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0

They've had 14 games so far this season in which the final score was 1-0. That's pretty amazing.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:23 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
Marseille's last 6 games: 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0

They've had 14 games so far this season in which the final score was 1-0. That's pretty amazing.
As an OM fan I'm pretty happy with that. The N'Koulou - Mendes backline is great!

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:00 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Foued Kadir had a good 1st half of the season before his transfer to Marseille

Since then, he has played only 1.5 good game for Marseille

And he has been terrible with the NT

If he doesnt wake up, he will end up in Qatar

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Evilo

Kadir had slowed down before his transfer though.

OM are terrible to watch and everyone predicts a loss every game and yet they scrap to 1-0 wins. Today they were dominated, as usual, Lorient hit the bar, Mandanda made some great saves, but they won, as usual, 1-0.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:35 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post

Go tell that to Vahid

He keeps starting Kadir aven though he sucks now, but keeps Boudebouz on the bench

Yeah Ryad is inconsistent and smoked some chicha (not that big a deal imo but Vahid doesnt mess with discipline), but ****, he is much better than Kadir

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:08 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:

OM are terrible to watch and everyone predicts a loss every game and yet they scrap to 1-0 wins. Today they were dominated, as usual, Lorient hit the bar, Mandanda made some great saves, but they won, as usual, 1-0.
Mandanda is incredible though

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Evilo

He had a shaky season for a good while, but since 8-10 games, he's been competely dominant.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:59 PM
gary69

Average ratings are not end to all, and I'm in no position to personally judge their correctness having not seen enough of the games, but Evilo, what's your take on France Football's ratings so far this season?

The very top players seems to go with the popular perception at least.

Players:

Thiago Silva (PSG) 6.10
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG) 5.97
R.Cabella (Montpellier) 5.95
Pierre Aubameyang (St.E) 5.81

Keepers:

M.Landreau (Bastia) 5.97
K.Agassa (Reims) 5.86
Y.Thuram (Troyes) 5.85
7. S. Mandanda (Marseille) 5.56

Not sure what to make of goalie ratings, Bastia and Troyes have conceded most goals and Troyes are dead last in the league. Would those teams be even worse off without their keepers?

http://www.francefootball.fr/ligue-1/Etoiles.html

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Evilo

Landreau is really funny because he was really not good with Lille. Sure he has been strong with Bastia, but he's a media darling and shouldn't be that high.
Agassa had a tremendous season, but he also had a crucial game (4-2 loss) where he was directly responsible for 3 goals. That's just not doable.
Thuram had maybe two or three soft goals, but he saved a dozen of sure goals. Amazing talent. But of course, Troyes conceding that many opportunities, it makes him look good and he's rarely blamed for goals against.
Nah, I'd go with Mandanda and Sirigu as the two best goalies in L1.

As for players, Silva and Ibra are no brainers, and Cabella's been superb. Auba (as I said recently) is hot and cold but when he's hot, he's damn hot.

Grenier could be there. Valbuena put OM on his shoulders. Matuidi is arguably MVP so he should be up there of course. Nkoulou has been rock solid. These 4 could be arguably up there in the top 4. I'd take their season over Aubameyang's.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:56 PM
gary69

Quote:
Landreau is really funny because he was really not good with Lille. Sure he has been strong with Bastia, but he's a media darling and shouldn't be that high.
Agassa had a tremendous season, but he also had a crucial game (4-2 loss) where he was directly responsible for 3 goals. That's just not doable.
Thuram had maybe two or three soft goals, but he saved a dozen of sure goals. Amazing talent. But of course, Troyes conceding that many opportunities, it makes him look good and he's rarely blamed for goals against.
Nah, I'd go with Mandanda and Sirigu as the two best goalies in L1.

As for players, Silva and Ibra are no brainers, and Cabella's been superb. Auba (as I said recently) is hot and cold but when he's hot, he's damn hot.

Grenier could be there. Valbuena put OM on his shoulders. Matuidi is arguably MVP so he should be up there of course. Nkoulou has been rock solid. These 4 could be arguably up there in the top 4. I'd take their season over Aubameyang's.

Thanks.

Looking at the ratings, I was really surprised that Nkoulou wasn't even in the Top 100.

I remember you were undicided on him when he joined from Monaco, but I was already impressed by then and even more so now.

Regarding to the other thread about Silva's quality, when I mentioned I would include two other CB's from L1 in my Top15, I was thinking about NKoulou and Lovren especially.

Not having seen a lot from lesser teams this season, so I'm sure you're a better judge whether someone else deserves a spot before those three, but I like quite a bit of Ecuele Manga, for example.

Old
05-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Evilo

Lovren has had an awful season. Ecuele Manga is very good, yes.
Other good CBs include Sakho and Chedjou (though he's had an average season).

Nkoulou was often played in midfield at Monaco and he made some big mistakes when he played CB. The potential was there, but he's showing it now with OM.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:04 PM
gary69

Quote:
Lovren has had an awful season. Ecuele Manga is very good, yes.
Other good CBs include Sakho and Chedjou (though he's had an average season).

Nkoulou was often played in midfield at Monaco and he made some big mistakes when he played CB. The potential was there, but he's showing it now with OM.
Yeah, too bad what has happened with Sakho. After a few not so good games (very much understandable given his age) he's been in Ancelotti's doghouse.

He certainly has the potential to way exceed Alex's ability. I really hope he'll be back as a starter next season (with Ancelotti most likely leaving).

PSG would be fool to sell him or not to play him, not very often any team gets such home grown talents for their starting line ups.

Where do you see Zouma in a year from now, probably won't make the WC squad, right? In some games I've seen from St Etienne, he looked like playing as a right back rather than in the centre.

BTW, I really like Christophe Galtier as a manager. Having spent some time in Pompey, I suppose he's at least somewhat fluent in English. I'd like to see what he's capable of in bigger surroundings, be that in France or England.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Evilo

Well, not only has he the potential but he has played much better.

I read an article about the stats with Sakho/Thiago and Alex/Thiago, and with Sakho, PSG wins more games and gets scored on half as many goals. Yeah you read that right, they cut the goals against in half with a Sakho/Thiago defense. The fact Alex starts is a testament to Ancelotti's awful player selection.

Galtier is a leader, he's a players' coach. Remains to be seen if he has the best tactical approach though.

As for Zouma, St Etienne has toyed around with many many CB tandems. He's definately a huge prospect. Teams are fighting to sign him right now.
He won't be part of the NT next year IMO. But after that, who knows? Varane and Sakho are definite starters, with Mbiwa and guys like Isimat-Mirin (Valenciennes) and Mangala (Porto) as possible backups.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Bulbhead

Maxime Blanc and Amos Youga are leaving Lyon's youth team - iirc Blanc was seen as a very promising youngster some time ago and now he is not getting his contract extended?

Bulbhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Evilo

He signed a one year contract last year, but the team hasn't taken its two year option for an extension.
Haven't seen him play, so I can't help.

In other news, PSG has 6 losses all year when you add all the competitions : Ligue 1, CL, Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue.
As a comparison, Manchester United has 9, City has 9, Chelsea has 16, Barca has 8, Real has 10, Juventus has 7, Dortmund has 7 and Bayern has 3 (one less competition for the german teams, while italian and spanish team have two legs in domectic cup).

Old
05-05-2013, 10:12 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Hey Evilo, what time is "Canal Football Club" with Olivier Giroud today? After L'OL vs Nancy?

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Evilo

CFC is before the 9 PM kickoff. Starts around 8 I'd say.

Old
05-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Savi

Quote:
In other news, PSG has 6 losses all year when you add all the competitions : Ligue 1, CL, Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue.
As a comparison, Manchester United has 9, City has 9, Chelsea has 16, Barca has 8, Real has 10, Juventus has 7, Dortmund has 7 and Bayern has 3 (one less competition for the german teams, while italian and spanish team have two legs in domectic cup).
I hope you didn't jinx them