HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official 2013 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft Thread (Officially Underway!!)

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 06:11 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
With the 41st pick the Philadelphia Flyers pick from the Kitchener Rangers RW

Justin Bailey

We feel with his skill and toughness Justin will become a great power forward in the league.

Next GM pm'ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

With the 42nd pick, the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from Leksands of the Elitserien, Jacob De La Rose

We are very excited to add De La Rose to our prospect pool, especially after picking a bit of a boom or bust prospect in Max Domi. While Jacob may only top out as a 3rd liner, his size, smarts and intangibles should make him a quality 3rd liner in the NHL. And we think he could become a top 6 forward if certain things go right, he certainly has the tools to be one.

Homarid has been PM'd.
And there goes 2 of 4 I was debating between.

Old
05-03-2013, 06:13 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Over 50 picks to go...

Old
05-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

7 players on my ****ing list right in a row.

05-03-2013, 06:31 AM
HomaridII

With the 43rd pick in the 2013 NHL draft, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select from Montreal, Quebec and playing in Victoriaville of the QMJHL, Jonathan-Ismail Diaby.

Diaby is a huge Defensemen that likes to hit, is a very good skater, loves to clear his crease and can fight. He has the tools to develop into a very good overall player as his first pass and shot are very good as well. He will make a great addition to our prospect list.

Old
05-03-2013, 06:35 AM
HomaridII

Now I will be late for work, I blame Habsfan18. might have my boss PM you Habsfan18, hahahaha

Old
05-03-2013, 06:43 AM
NLHabsFan

My pick is at 45 but I am running late for work and have to take off now. I just sent Habsfan18 my short list so I don't hold up the draft as I won't be back for 9 hours. We're going at a strong pace so far

Old
05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

: :

With the 44th pick of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from the Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, forward Anthony Duclair.

"We feel that Anthony is a player that has many game-breaking qualities that we think will translate well to the NHL. He still needs to work on his overall game but he has the attitude and the drive to become a very good player for us."

NLHabsFan (ANA) has been PM'd.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:10 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
With the 43rd pick in the 2013 NHL draft, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select from Montreal, Quebec and playing in Victoriaville of the QMJHL, Jonathan-Ismail Diaby.

Diaby is a huge Defensemen that likes to hit, is a very good skater, loves to clear his crease and can fight. He has the tools to develop into a very good overall player as his first pass and shot are very good as well. He will make a great addition to our prospect list.
If Diaby can keep progressing and become a hard hitting defenceman, he'll go nicely with Bogosian and Trouba on a nasty Winnipeg defence.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

For Anaheim, via PM:

Eric Roy Defenseman Brandon WHL

Strong puck mover with very good offensive instincts. Needs polish on his defensive game and to add muscle to his frame. Improving his defensive positioning is something we believe can be taught, whereas his offensive abilities are natural.

Will PM

Old
05-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

At work, so cant update OP. if another mod wants to update it, feel free. If not, I'll do it around 2.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Hi guys, here's the latest Hockey Lobby Mock Draft - Lottery Edition.

As always, feel free to give your comments and thoughts about the mock! Cheers!

Quote:
1. D Seth Jones Portland Winterhawks - WHL
Consensus #1 pick goes to his hometown team where he first met Joe Sakic. Jones will bring stability in the back end for Colorado when paired up with fellow American and former 1st overall pick in 2006, Erik Johnson.
2. LW/C Jonathan Drouin Halifax Mooseheads - QMJHL
Losing the 1st overall pick? No problem for Dale Tallon. Now he’s stuck with the biggest decision of the draft: which Moosehead to pick? Well, he should not hesitate when picking Jonathan Drouin, arguably the most creative and offensive juggernaut of the draft. Tallon will be able to recreate his Toews-Kane duo in Florida.
3. C Nathan MacKinnon Halifax Mooseheads - QMJHL
Easy task for the Tampa Bay crew, they will be happy with whatever is left from the big 3. MacKinnon is an offensive force and is the best skater of the draft. The Cole Harbor native could have gone 1st overall also, but he will be well welcomed in Tampa Bay. He will be the perfect linemate to Stamkos, replacing the aging 2013 Art Ross winner, Martin St-Louis.
http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2013/...y-edition.html

Old
05-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I only watched 4 Mooseheads games live this year, but if I had the 2nd overall pick I would probably end up drafting Drouin.

I think MacKinnon will be a star, no doubt. But Drouin has the potential to be a superstar. More of a risk, but a higher reward IMO.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
For Anaheim, via PM:

Eric Roy Defenseman Brandon WHL

Strong puck mover with very good offensive instincts. Needs polish on his defensive game and to add muscle to his frame. Improving his defensive positioning is something we believe can be taught, whereas his offensive abilities are natural.

Will PM
Was hoping I could get him later in the round. Nice pick.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:50 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

With the 46th overall pick, the Minnesota Wild are proud to announce the selection of Right Winger Jackson Houck from the Vancouver Giants of the WHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Lapointe, Coordinator of Amateur Scouting
Houck does the heavy lifting on a nightly basis for the Giants besides providing offence. He gets in the corners, he battles in front of the net, he fights and he even wins his share of faceoffs.
Next GM has been PM'd

Last edited by habsprospects: 05-03-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old
05-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

First of all, the St. Louis Blues would like to thank HF Habs and especially Habsfan18 for making this all possible. We applaud your hard work and dedication.

With the 47th overall selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are very excited to select, from HC Slovan Bratislava, forward Marko Dano!

"The St. Louis Blues are so pleased to add, who we feel, is a top-20 player in this year's draft. Mr. Dano is a jack-of-all-trades. He loves to score. He can set goals up. He can play effectively on both the powerplay or penalty kill. He can play all three positions up front. He's got a feisty side that we really cherish. There is nothing about this kid that we don't absolutely love and we're very pleased to add him to our organization."

Old
05-03-2013, 02:18 PM
TinordiandSubban

Seems a little early for Jackson Houck? What made him stand out for you?

I thought I had him ranked higher than most but you must really like him.

crap, there goes my third round steal Marko Dano!

Old
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Pick coming up shortly.

And no need to thank me guys. If it weren't for you guys there would be no annual mock draft.

It's a team effort!

That sounded corny as ****...didn't it?

Old
05-03-2013, 02:21 PM
le_sean

Houck is a Wild pick all the way. Brings that punch and two-way game like Clutterbuck, Zucker and Larsson.

Old
05-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

With the 48th overall selection in the 2013 Habs board mock draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the United States National Team Development program, and heading to Western Michigan...RW Michael McCarron!

"McCarron is a player who absolutely loves to use his frame and is willing to run right through you. He creates scoring chances with his solid play around the opponents net. He also has an underrated shot that he can release with ease. There have been some questions about his consistency, but we feel that it's worth to take a gamble on him, and view him as a 1st round talent, if he's able to put it all together. Potential top 6 power-forward. We look forward to seeing how he develops with the Western Michigan Broncos."

I was going back and forth for nearly a half hour, deciding between 4 potential players with this pick. I went with McCarron, but it's possible I'll regret passing up on a few guys. I hope not.

Will PM next GM..

Last edited by Habsfan18: 05-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old
05-03-2013, 03:02 PM
TinordiandSubban

Great pick for the Wings! Big fast skilled Michigan boy. Is he going to State or Western though.

Must have been a tough choice at this point, so many good players sliding!

Old
05-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
Great pick for the Wings! Big fast skilled Michigan boy. Is he going to State or Western though.

Must have been a tough choice at this point, so many good players sliding!
Thanks! I thought it was Western Michigan, but his elite prospects profile says Michigan State. That must have thrown me off. I'll edit my post.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:08 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

With the 48th overall selection in the 2013 Habs board mock draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the United States National Team Development program, and heading to Western Michigan...RW Michael McCarron!

"McCarron is a player who absolutely loves to use his frame and is willing to run right through you. He creates scoring chances with his solid play around the opponents net. He also has an underrated shot that he can release with ease. There have been some questions about his consistency, but we feel that it's worth to take a gamble on him, and view him as a 1st round talent, if he's able to put it all together. Potential top 6 power-forward. We look forward to seeing how he develops with the Western Michigan Broncos."

I was going back and forth for nearly a half hour, deciding between 4 potential players with this pick. I went with McCarron, but it's possible I'll regret passing up on a few guys. I hope not.

Will PM next GM..
h8 you. GET OUT

Old
05-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
h8 you. GET OUT
This makes me happy.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

With the 49th and 50th pick of the draft the San Jose Sharks are going with french kids and are proud to select from Gatineau Emile Poirier and From Cape Breton William Carrier

Old
05-03-2013, 03:12 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Thanks! I thought it was Western Michigan, but his elite prospects profile says Michigan State. That must have thrown me off. I'll edit my post.
Great pick. I doubt he drops that far in the real draft with the new obsession on picking players like Lucic. Detroit can use him.

Closed Thread