HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 04:47 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
That's pretty much the case for every team in the NHL. Toronto desses 3 goons every night and Lupul got smoked a few weeks back and they nothing but chirp from the bench.

We'll have to start targeting the small/key guys on Ottawa Karlsson Turris Alfredsson Anderson.
Anderson is easy hit if we grew some balls and crashed the net, goalie interference be damned.

Old
05-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Et le But

Stubbs with the important news:

Quote:
@Dave_Stubbs 1m
#Habs Eller had a voracious appetite at hospital last night, team brought him a huge meal which he inhaled despite dental problems

Old
05-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Andy

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 4m
Excellent news: #Habs terrific athletic therapy crew tell me Lars Eller is feeling very good, resting at home

Old
05-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

Dave Stubbs has really befriended the whole team eh? Seems like he tags along everywhere

But great news for Eller!

Old
05-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Excellent news: #Habs terrific athletic therapy crew tell me Lars Eller is feeling very good, resting at home
Very good news indeed.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Dave Stubbs has really befriended the whole team eh? Seems like he tags along everywhere

But great news for Eller!
My personal vendetta against him aside, it really does seem like he'd rather get a few pats on the back from some players than to actually do his job. Why hasn't anyone asked Gionta why he keep shooting from the circle every.single.time or if DD is gripping his stick too hard (or whatever euphemism there is for god-awful play) or Therrien for his inept special teams. Come on Stubbsy, the feel good stories are fun and all but do your damn job.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:40 PM
bpoulsen

Send a message via ICQ to bpoulsen
Probably not the right place but I don't understand how people can STILL say that was a clean hit on Eller?
When watching the video in slow motion (from behind the net), you clearly see Eller's head twisting before the shoulder moves. The head is clearly the point of contact. Even if the shoulder and head are hit at the same time, the head is still principle point of contact in my mind ..

And people calling it a "beauty of a hit" .... Even if Eller was not injured it wasn't much of a hit .. It looks nuts because Eller was unconscious from the hit.

People saying it'll turn into No Hitting League because of people getting suspended you still see plenty of great hits with no injury as a result.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
My personal vendetta against him aside, it really does seem like he'd rather get a few pats on the back from some players than to actually do his job. Why hasn't anyone asked Gionta why he keep shooting from the circle every.single.time or if DD is gripping his stick too hard (or whatever euphemism there is for god-awful play) or Therrien for his inept special teams. Come on Stubbsy, the feel good stories are fun and all but do your damn job.
Unfortunately, that DOES seem to be his job. As easy as it is to blame stubbs, there's an ******* up there somewhere who is paying him to keep doing whatever he's doing.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoulsen View Post
Probably not the right place but I don't understand how people can STILL say that was a clean hit on Eller?
When watching the video in slow motion (from behind the net), you clearly see Eller's head twisting before the shoulder moves. The head is clearly the point of contact. Even if the shoulder and head are hit at the same time, the head is still principle point of contact in my mind ..

And people calling it a "beauty of a hit" .... Even if Eller was not injured it wasn't much of a hit .. It looks nuts because Eller was unconscious from the hit.

People saying it'll turn into No Hitting League because of people getting suspended you still see plenty of great hits with no injury as a result.
I think this is just part of a slow evolution. Before, there used to be no onus on the hitter to avoid the head area. In the past few years, there has been a gradual change where any hit to the head is at least being investigated.

Combine that with the pending lawsuits from retired players in other leagues, and you got the recipe for the leagues to take these hits seriously and to change the culture.

Open ice hits are especially dangerous, and both the hitee and hitter should be accountable, not just the hitee.

I understand that there is a degree of violence associated in pro sports, but hockey no longer acts as an escape when you see these kinds of results. You can call gryba's hit accidental. I don't think he meant to cause that type of damage, but you cant tell me it wasn't reckless. We will look back to this hit several years from now, and deem it to be very dangerous. But I'm encouraged that the evolution is at least taking place.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
This news feels like win.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
He feels very good? Must be on some dandy stuff...

Old
05-03-2013, 09:06 PM
OneSharpMarble

Any news? I assume he is done for the season.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Unfortunately, that DOES seem to be his job. As easy as it is to blame stubbs, there's an ******* up there somewhere who is paying him to keep doing whatever he's doing.
It's the same with all teams, if you are willing to write nothing but nice stories about everyone you will get unrestricted access.

It's easy to make fun of Stubbs and you shouldn't expect objective hockey analysis from him but he does have value, if you want a quote directly from a player he will get them first, some guys probably only speak to him (Markov for instance). Considering so many others in the media have the exact opposite role (make players look bad for attention), you can't blame the players and the organization for giving Stubbs benefits other journalists don't get.

His job is to be friends with them, I don't blame Stubbs as much as I blame the relationship between the media and sports teams in general. At least Stubbs fluff pieces give you some player-centric details like Eller crediting his improvement to the teams sports psychologist.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:16 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Any news? I assume he is done for the season.
Viking Powers will have him back soon. I am remaining positive.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Viking Powers will have him back soon. I am remaining positive.
I'm honestly thinking we see him back in the 2nd round (assuming we make it).

Old
05-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Hopefully Lars won't be too affected by seeing Denmark play Canada in a few minutes time. That's probably not going to end well for them....

Old
05-04-2013, 09:10 AM
bpoulsen

Send a message via ICQ to bpoulsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Hopefully Lars won't be too affected by seeing Denmark play Canada in a few minutes time. That's probably not going to end well for them....
We're going to get run over! hahaha...

Old
05-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Or maybe not - at least not right away!

Old
05-04-2013, 10:17 AM
BomaLightDevils

Good news for all Habs fans. Just watching the Canada vs Denmark game and the commentator for Denmark is L. Ellers dad. He just said that L. Eller health is alot better and he will be on the bike training in a couple of days. So when Ellers dad was ask if Lars would be back playing in the play off he was very optimistic but wouldent promise anything. But Olaf ( Lars's dad) was a tough hockey player and Lars has the same genes so a speak. Hope you guys could use it, I myself am hoping to see him back as he is from my home city of Rødovre. Go Habs, from a NewJersey Devils fan of Denmark

Old
05-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
Good news for all Habs fans. Just watching the Canada vs Denmark game and the commentator for Denmark is L. Ellers dad. He just said that L. Eller health is alot better and he will be on the bike training in a couple of days. So when Ellers dad was ask if Lars would be back playing in the play off he was very optimistic but wouldent promise anything. But Olaf ( Lars's dad) was a tough hockey player and Lars has the same genes so a speak. Hope you guys could use it, I myself am hoping to see him back as he is from my home city of Rødovre. Go Habs, from a NewJersey Devils fan of Denmark
Good to hear. And this Danish sports site somewhat confirms what you're saying re: Eller's dad

Quote:
The positive is that Lars does not have headaches anymore, says Montreal-star's father, Olaf Eller, who is in Stockholm as a commentator for TV3 sports and in daily contact with the family in Canada.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:23 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Good news! Thanks for the update, appreciate it.

Old
05-04-2013, 10:40 AM
BomaLightDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Good to hear. And this Danish sports site somewhat confirms what you're saying re: Eller's dad

Why would i say something that was not true? Im not a Senator, Bruin or Maple Leafs fan

Old
05-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Price My Man Crush

**** yes this is great man!
Thanks.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Why would i say something that was not true? Im not a Senator, Bruin or Maple Leafs fan
You are correct in that I've never been lied to by a Dane. Clearly a trustworthy people.

Old
05-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
Back in Paul MacLean's days as a player, he would have played yesterday's game

Closed Thread