HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger games online?

Old
09-18-2006, 06:14 PM
NYRangerfn09

vCash: 500
Ranger games online?

Anyone know of any website that has ranger games online. I would pay subscription fees I dont really care. I go to school in buffalo and they have msg here but they blackout all ranger games and play sabre games. I cant get center ice because school wont let me buy any additional cable. Anyone know any good sites?

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Taz

this would be awesome, like the AHL b2 thing...

not much coverage here in England

i just get to listen on the online radio and watch the highlights and hope that the 1 game a week on channel 5 is the rangers

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 08:07 PM
kasparaitis666

Yeah I have that same problem, im down here in baltimore and alls there going to show is caps games. I wish baltimore had some kind of a minor pro team but this definatly isn't a very welcoming city for hockey.

kasparaitis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Blueshirts4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfn09 View Post
Anyone know of any website that has ranger games online. I would pay subscription fees I dont really care. I go to school in buffalo and they have msg here but they blackout all ranger games and play sabre games. I cant get center ice because school wont let me buy any additional cable. Anyone know any good sites?
Check out slingbox (slingmedia.com). Basically you buy this box for $150, and can stream your home television to your computer anywhere in the country. It is very easy to use and setup. It is how I watched all the Rangers, Jets, Yankees games down in Philly for the last year.

Blueshirts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1108
for the B2 for the wolfpack games, do u pay by game or is it a package deal and how much $ is it?

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2006, 11:35 PM
frozenrubber

Solution

If you're overseas, PM me and I'll give you a great solution.

frozenrubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Taz

B2 is per game, and is 6$. Not too bad if you want to check out a few of our prosepects and the quality is pretty good, although it is the feed from the big screen so has adverts flash up and shots of the crowd andf the PP and PK video.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirts4me View Post
Check out slingbox (slingmedia.com). Basically you buy this box for $150, and can stream your home television to your computer anywhere in the country. It is very easy to use and setup. It is how I watched all the Rangers, Jets, Yankees games down in Philly for the last year.
1st of all, what an amazing device. Why isn't this thing being promoted more?

My question is though, who's cable box are you getting a signal from? Obviously, you have to know someone in NY that will send it to you, right?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Phil333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
1st of all, what an amazing device. Why isn't this thing being promoted more?

My question is though, who's cable box are you getting a signal from? Obviously, you have to know someone in NY that will send it to you, right?
Yes. It's good for us college students who have a home in New York but go to school somewhere else. I bought a slingbox a couple weeks ago and am going to set it up tonight. I'm so psyched I can actually watch Ranger games this year!!!

Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333 View Post
Yes. It's good for us college students who have a home in New York but go to school somewhere else. I bought a slingbox a couple weeks ago and am going to set it up tonight. I'm so psyched I can actually watch Ranger games this year!!!
Phil, can your parents watch a different channel when you're streaming the Ranger game to your computer?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 09:49 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Phil, can your parents watch a different channel when you're streaming the Ranger game to your computer?
Not if it's hooked up to the t.v. they're watching.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:11 AM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Not if it's hooked up to the t.v. they're watching.
What if it's connected to the digital box?

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
What if it's connected to the digital box?
Not familiar with this box, but with simular devices it ain't possible. The raw signal (all channels) aren't decoded, a decoder only decode one channel, so you can only capture one decode channel at one time.

If you are slining the raw signal, from the wall, it would take a helluva bandwith and a decoder in your "studenroom".

So with any decoder ("digital box"), that we have in sweden atleast, it haven't been possible. Though lately I've seen comercials for decoders where you can watch one cable channel and record from another (decoders with a HardDrive). Thoose decoders must be able to decode two channels, and I don't think its all that hard remodel it so you can sling one channel and watch another.

Though your parents probably in anycase have to change channel for you (so no xxx)....

Last edited by Ola: 09-19-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Fletch

Mj...

here's the exact answer (from Slingbox):

What happens if I am using the Slingbox, and someone at home is watching TV at the same time?

In most situations, both of you will be watching and controlling the same device. The Slingbox has an internal tuner, so for standard cable (coaxial) inputs you will not be watching the same signal. If you output the Slingbox signal to a display, such as a television set, then the television set will display the same thing as the Slingbox streams

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
armani
Guy Likes

So, an analog signal can be manipulated, but a digital STB (descrambler) would only output whatever channel the box is set at? For example, if my mother is watching 'Yang Can Cook' on the cooking channel, I would be stuck watching the same if she has digital cable (or vice versa)?

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 10:56 AM
broadwayblue

If only slingbox could do HDTV...how sick would that be to get streaming Rangers games on your laptop in hi def? The problem with slingbox is that the resolution isn't great, especially on fast moving programs like sporting events.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
So, an analog signal can be manipulated, but a digital STB (descrambler) would only output whatever channel the box is set at? For example, if my mother is watching 'Yang Can Cook' on the cooking channel, I would be stuck watching the same if she has digital cable (or vice versa)?
This is my bet. Especially if the box have to be coded, or you have to insert a card into the box to see digital channels.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:13 AM
broadwayblue

yes, the slingbox can only transmit the channel that the cable box is currently tuned to.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
frozenrubber

Last call for overseas/out of area Ranger fans. PM me for a Ranger video solution.

frozenrubber is online now   Reply With Quote