HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Holtbyisms
L-O-S-E LOSELOSELOSE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Brace yourselves.

Dynamo Moscow tries to buy Kuzya!
http://news.sport-express.ru/2013-05-03/584079/
Quote:
General Director of the Moscow "Dynamo" Alexey Safronov denied reports that the club is in talks to acquire the rights to the attacker "Tractor" Yevgeny Kuznetsov.

"We're not interested in him - quoted Safronov. - Evgeny Kuznetsov - the player Chelyabinsk" Tractor "and" Dynamo "does not even begin any negotiations with any hockey player or his club."
Denied?

Old
05-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Didn't Dynamo Moscow attempt to acqurie Kuznetsov last off-season?

Old
05-03-2013, 02:38 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

As good a time as any for Ted to fly Mr and Mrs. K to the states and catch a few Capitals playoff games at the phone booth and spend sometime with the Ovechkins and check out some of the local scenery.

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 05-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
05-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
As good a time as any for Ted to fly Mr and Mrs. K to the states and catch a few Capitals playoff games at the phone booth and spend sometime with the Ovechkins and check out some of the local scenery.
IIHF World Championships are just starting. Russia plays Latvia tomorrow.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I wonder, if Kuznetsov ends up not making the WC team, does that change his view about staying in the KHL? When Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk, and Kulemin are additionally eligible for the Olympic team, what would his chances to make it then if he can't make it now?

Does it even matter, in light of his KHL contract?

Old
05-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Kuznetsov is on Russia's roster for the WC.

Old
05-03-2013, 09:04 PM
artilector

Well, I think there's no way Kuz thinks about moving to NHL half a season before the Olympics. Even he hadn't made the WC roster. Because if at the moment he has problems proving dominant enough in KHL, you'd figure that if anything, he has even more doubts about playing well enough in NHL to get picked.

On the other hand, Traktor's garage sale I think really solidifies the likelihood of him coming over after Sochi. Because Traktor is the team he actually has a strong attachment to, and now he must be at least somewhat taken a back by them selling out. So this eliminates the only other real significant factor, besides money, to stay in KHL..

Old
05-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Well, I think there's no way Kuz thinks about moving to NHL half a season before the Olympics. Even he hadn't made the WC roster. Because if at the moment he has problems proving dominant enough in KHL, you'd figure that if anything, he has even more doubts about playing well enough in NHL to get picked.

On the other hand, Traktor's garage sale I think really solidifies the likelihood of him coming over after Sochi. Because Traktor is the team he actually has a strong attachment to, and now he must be at least somewhat taken a back by them selling out. So this eliminates the only other real significant factor, besides money, to stay in KHL..
He won't play in the Olympics. Belarus didn't qualify.

Old
05-04-2013, 02:36 AM
DanTHEMan71

I don't see Kuz on Russia's WC roster?

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/352/IHM3520RUS_33_1_0.pdf

Was he a late addition?

Old
05-04-2013, 03:01 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTHEMan71 View Post
I don't see Kuz on Russia's WC roster?

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/352/IHM3520RUS_33_1_0.pdf

Was he a late addition?
FHR (Russian Hockey Federation) posted the roster with Kuznetsov in, but after closer look, it was just a roster of players who travelled to Finland and needed more cuts.
There's still space on Russian roster as Russia leaves space for mid-tournament additions. Kuzya is with the team, but not added to the roster yet and won't play today as a result.

Old
05-04-2013, 05:15 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Kuznetsov is on Russia's roster for the WC.
He's not registered, and there's a doubt he'll even play. Seems to be a 'taxi squad' guy.

Old
05-05-2013, 02:51 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 12 min
Sport-Express reports George McPhee will travel to Helsinki to meet with Evgeni Kuznetsov #Caps #OfferHeCanRefuse
Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 5 min
Kuznetsov may be in the #Caps jersey next fall if the deal is bought out or otherwise terminated. Reportedly, GMGM is trying to arrange that
Just interesting.

edit, lol

Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 13 s
That didn't take long. Sport-Express report repudiated RT @kcarrera George McPhee has no plans to travel to Helsinki, #Caps say.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

After his "surgery is not an option for Laich" I don't believe a word GMGM says.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:45 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Now they are saying its a Cap representative going to talk to Kuzya.

Old
05-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Now they are saying its a Cap representative going to talk to Kuzya.
Must be Hanlon, he has experience coaching the current Caps players and Belorussians.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Brian23

I understand the GM wants to watch the Playoff game, but I feel like his job dictates him trying to go talk to his player and think he really should go over and talk to him.

Either that or invite him over for a bit, with his family, to see the town and meet the team kind of deal. Maybe it entices him to take the job sooner.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:06 PM
sillygoose

Man, it was a lot more fun reading this thread when Kuz was never coming over and the Caps sucked. At least then people posted, when you guys can't **** you don't post. Can't wait for the Caps to win the cup, it'll be dead here.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:13 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
Man, it was a lot more fun reading this thread when Kuz was never coming over and the Caps sucked. At least then people posted, when you guys can't **** you don't post. Can't wait for the Caps to win the cup, it'll be dead here.
You're surprised that people talk about a prospect less during playoffs?!

But I agree, beyond all doubt one of the most significant reasons to wish that the Caps win the Cup is to hopefully affect fans' behavior in a specific hfboards thread..

Old
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Ikazuchi

I think another year in Chelyabinsk would be pointless for Kuznetsov development.
Playing 1-st line without any defensive liabilities... It not gonna teach him anything.
It will be better for him to chose Dynamo and Znarok. But unfortunately he is useless for Dynamo as he is right now.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikazuchi View Post
I think another year in Chelyabinsk would be pointless for Kuznetsov development.
Playing 1-st line without any defensive liabilities... It not gonna teach him anything.
It will be better for him to chose Dynamo and Znarok. But unfortunately he is useless for Dynamo as he is right now.
Part of his offensive struggle is trying to do more on the defensive side. And Belousov isn't that bad as a defensive coach - look at Traktor's defense last two years.

Caps don't need Kuznetsov's play in the defensive zone, we have guys to carry that load. We need offense. His defensive responsibility is forecheck and he is great in that.

What's bad for his development is quality of his linemates. It leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. Playing with someone whose talent level is at least not on the other planet (like Tikhonov/Tarasenko, Lehtera/Tarasenko) is always good for a young forward.

Old
05-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

In his latest interview Kuz stated that it's tough mentally to be in the taxy squad but overall it's all great and gives him opportunity to be in the national team, to feel its atmosphere and to practice in great conditions. No complaints at all. No regrets about possible problems getting into olympics roster.

It doesn't strike me as future locker room cancer.

Kuznetsov is just speaking more than your average russian hockey player and he often says some unexpected things. Which is great I think.

Nothing to see there, I guess. Wait some more!

Old
05-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Also I think there is nothing wrong that Kuz isn't getting in the NHL at 20.

Last big russian stars who were successful in NHL at young age are Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Malkin. All of them were physically much stronger than Kuz now. I think we should not underestimate that factor.

Old
05-08-2013, 07:28 AM
discobob

I just don't see how Kuz makes the Russian roster? If he's not even on the active WHC roster and there are still high profile Russians who aren't playing because of the Cup playoffs, what is the likelihood that he make that roster?

If he's slotted as a winger, he isn't going to crack the top-6 with OV, Semin, Radulov, and Kovalchuk. Assuming they role a 4th defensive or checking line, that leaves two open "scoring" winger positions. You have to believe that Tarasenko has a leg up on Kuz (although they might consider him for a 4th line role). The numbers don't seem to work out for Kuz unless the NHL successfully prevents some / all players from participating...

I get why he wants to be on the team, I would just argue that him coming over this season would have been his best opportunity to make the team. The caps had a 2nd line scoring winger hole that he could have filled, and he would have more credibility on the world stage proving that he could score in the NHL. I think he probably would have had to equal Yakupov's ppg pace to make the cut from the NHL (0.63 ppg). I think he could have done that this year and certainly could have broken 50 pts next year. That would have been his easiest path to the Olympics in my opinion....

Old
05-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Stewie G

I know nothing about the situation other than what I've read on here, but you'd have to think that Kuz has likely been told what his easiest/most likely path to a spot on the Olympic team is. It might be counterintuitive to what some people here might think, but judging by the way this has played out so far, I'd imagine he's doing what he's been told.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:46 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobob View Post
I just don't see how Kuz makes the Russian roster? If he's not even on the active WHC roster and there are still high profile Russians who aren't playing because of the Cup playoffs, what is the likelihood that he make that roster?

If he's slotted as a winger, he isn't going to crack the top-6 with OV, Semin, Radulov, and Kovalchuk. Assuming they role a 4th defensive or checking line, that leaves two open "scoring" winger positions. You have to believe that Tarasenko has a leg up on Kuz (although they might consider him for a 4th line role). The numbers don't seem to work out for Kuz unless the NHL successfully prevents some / all players from participating...

I get why he wants to be on the team, I would just argue that him coming over this season would have been his best opportunity to make the team. The caps had a 2nd line scoring winger hole that he could have filled, and he would have more credibility on the world stage proving that he could score in the NHL. I think he probably would have had to equal Yakupov's ppg pace to make the cut from the NHL (0.63 ppg). I think he could have done that this year and certainly could have broken 50 pts next year. That would have been his easiest path to the Olympics in my opinion....
By February, KHL regular season will be over or almost over. He still has time to righten the ship.

Closed Thread