HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Who Should I Keep?

Old
09-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Gibson

vCash: 500
Who Should I Keep?

Hello all,

I am in a 10 team keeper league in which we can keep 6 players (at least one has to be a defensemen). I am for sure going to be keeping Joe Thorton, Marion Gaborick and Danny Heatley but need to choose three of the following players: Daniel Briere, Lubomir Visnovski, Sergei Gonchar, Janni Pitkanen and Roberto Luongo. The league has a very basic scoring system in which we get 1 point for a goal, 1 point for an assist, two points for a game winning goal, 2 points for a win (goalies) and 3 points for a shutout. Anyones reccomendations would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea what to do.

Thanks,

Gibson

Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:11 AM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
Hello all,

I am in a 10 team keeper league in which we can keep 6 players (at least one has to be a defensemen). I am for sure going to be keeping Joe Thorton, Marion Gaborick and Danny Heatley but need to choose three of the following players: Daniel Briere, Lubomir Visnovski, Sergei Gonchar, Janni Pitkanen and Roberto Luongo. The league has a very basic scoring system in which we get 1 point for a goal, 1 point for an assist, two points for a game winning goal, 2 points for a win (goalies) and 3 points for a shutout. Anyones reccomendations would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea what to do.

Thanks,

Gibson
Briere Luongo Pitkanen

joepeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Greek_physique
Caron..Jordan Caron!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps View Post
Briere Luongo Pitkanen
I agree

09-19-2006, 11:40 AM
ArchieIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique69 View Post
I agree
double agree

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 11:41 AM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps View Post
Briere Luongo Pitkanen

albathegreat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
pooler99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
Hello all,

Thanks,

Gibson

Pitkanen and Luongo are no-brainers. I would take Briere too but you can"t go wrong with any of the rest...

pooler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
luongo, visnovsky and pitkanen.

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 12:55 PM
mlugia
That other guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
luongo, visnovsky and pitkanen.
I agree with this one. Briere's good, but you can probably pick another good center off the draft (considering C is a very deep position). D on the other hand...

mlugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Gibson

Wow, I must say, I wasn't expecting such a unanimous decision. No one thinks I should keep Gonchar? Just out of curiosity, why does everyone think Pitkanen will be better then Visnovski or Gonchar? Not that I disagree, I'm just curious. Also, another piece of information I left out of my original post was that we start 8 F, 4 D, and 2 G each week. Forwards can be centres, or wingers, so the centre position being really deep may not be an issue because if I wanted to, I could play 8 of them. Thanks for everyones help! Its very much appreciated..

Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2006, 01:06 PM
crazedcanuck

Luongo, Visnovsky, gonchar.

Visnovsky and Gonchar are both 80 point potential defensemen, and Luongo needs no explaination.

You have 3 forwards already, and Briere is an injury concern and your draft will likely have a lot of talent avail on a higher level than him.

Pitkanen is also an injury concern and I doubt he'll hit the 60-70 pt plateau.

crazedcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote