HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player 31 shuts the door, Habs win 3-1! Series tied 1-1!

Old
05-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Strat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp View Post
well done. I've self-medicated quite heavily, otherwise i wouldn't be able to post this.
lol!!!!

Strat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:02 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Great win. So happy with how the boys played. They could have easily folded. Price was magnificent...simply magnificent. Best playoff game I've seen him play.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Avim86

In Timmins we trust :

Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Subban
Price
Tinordi
Pacioretty
Beaulieu
White
Kristo
Collberg
McDonaugh
Hudon
Thrower
Halak
Emelin (would normally be in playoffs)
Nygren

HM : S.Kostitsyn/Dumont/Bozon/Vail/Ellis/Leblanc.

Bolded : Currently in 2013 playoffs.

If he had more picks that we didn't trade for rentals , maybe we'd be very stacked right now.

Last edited by Avim86: 05-04-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:11 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
I ****ing love Tinordi. If patches consoles back, we win in five.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Habit11

Can't imagine the Sens are returning home confident. They got dominated for the better part of two games. Won because of Anderson the first game, and couldn't beat the Habs' missing 3 significant players tonight.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Can't imagine the Sens are returning home confident. They got dominated for the better part of two games. Won because of Anderson the first game, and couldn't beat the Habs' missing 3 significant players tonight.
and they're returning "home", where habs fans already bought all their tickets

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:30 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

That first White goal reminded me of a goal my teammates always give up in drop-in games in NHL 13.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Just lost all respect I had for Anderson:

Highsticks himself with Prust's stick at exactly :30
lol he's been trolling Prust all series.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:36 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
MacLean did a great job this year, but MT has totally outclassed him in these PO so far. I am really impressed by his classy and yes, passive aggressive politics.

MacLean's idiotic comments after game one may have cost him the respect of his own players, and the series.

He was such a buffoon. All he had to say was 'no comment', or 'we don't like to see anyone get hurt'. Instead, he was an idiot.

Therrien grabbed at it like a bear grabs a juicy salmon.

Now Habs have something to hate, and that is all you need to win as a team.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:38 AM
andy28

I thought Moen did pretty well. Was kinda wondering if he might wake up a little for the playoffs.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:41 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
MacLean's idiotic comments after game one may have cost him the respect of his own players, and the series.
I really didn't think it was all that bad. He probably could have said something more along the lines of 'we hope Eller is alright'. But I don't think he was trying to say something classless. You have no dress rehearsal for those interviews and he just defended his player. On the other hand, if Therrien was able to use that to rally the troops and it helped us win tonight, well so be it.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
lol he's been trolling Prust all series.
Yeah I hate Anderson he whines and complains to the referee's like he's a child and the ref's are his parents.

- Craig : "Dad did you just see what Brandon did? He just hit me in the face!".
-Brandon : "Craig stop punching yourself with my arm..."
- Referee : "Brandon go to your room!"
- Brandon : "What?? Are you kidding me? I didn't do anything!"

Old
05-04-2013, 12:50 AM
DCHabitant

Great game tonight. Was worried about playing without Patches, Gionta and Eller. (Going to really miss Eller. Was expecting him to be a major factor in our playoff run.) few random thoughts:

Future looks bright--P.K., Patches, the 2 Gallies, Eller... And Tinordi, who's still young and lanky; but wait 'til he settles. (His own dad mentioned that he thinks his son could put on 25-30 pounds and wear it well. That would make him a killer D)

Much as I like Gionta, I don't think he should be captain. (Can't strip him of the C, but he's too quite--not a motivator and not enough of a leader. Prust deserves the A. Gorges deserves the C.

Don't have RDS in the States, so can only watch snippets of Antichambre on the RDS app. (Best hockey analysis anywhere.) Just curious: Is Tremblay off the panel because Roy is on it? (Still some animosity, I imagine.)

DCHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
It was to be expected considering how bad his injury was.. But I agree, Karlsson was clearly the best defenseman in the league before he got injured..
There are a few defensemen in the league i'd take over Karlsson. The guy is good no doubt but his physical game is non existent.

People will call me insane but i include our own PK Subban in this. Karlsson will probably get you more points but the things PK bring that EK doesn't , like a solid physical game, are enough to offset the difference imho.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Flyinghab

I'm so happy for Whitey, what a game! A month ago I was calling for him to be benched, way to man up and play smart. Pricey was outstanding tonight. Great win for him. Chuckie was amazing tonight great too! On to Ottawa, go Habs go!

Flyinghab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poetryinmotion

Did I mention I love our rookies?

poetryinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Uhhh, on HIO Boone says there's speculation that "definitely missing the first rd" Spezza could be back on Sunday...

WTF is it with this organization who announce all these definitely-won't-be-back-before timelines and have them miraculously return? Sure he may not, but the fact that there's even a chance is pretty shocking given the number of players who have suddenly recovered from serious injuries (Karlsson, Cowen, maybe Spezza) and that's not counting the ones who were expected back sort of (Anderson, Michalek).

So all of a sudden in the playoffs, we're the team that's depleted of a roster and they have all their guys back. Just wish they wouldn't bs people and just say they don't know. Karlsson came back pretty quickly once it looked like Ottawa was dropping out of playoff contention...

If only we could play this series with every regular healthy. I'd take them with Spezza (and the rest of the returnees) and us with Emelin, Eller, Patch and Gio.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:52 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Literally everyone played well tonight, can't think of a single player who could have played better compared to what I wanted out of them

We've played really good the last three games. We're a good team, it's so good to see.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:55 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
That was what is referred to as a character win.

Being one of the few White backers, happy to see his game tonight. There's a few of us on here!
Loud and proud!

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 12:56 AM
almostjesus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
That was what is referred to as a character win.

Being one of the few White backers, happy to see his game tonight. There's a few of us on here!
I think you and I were the only ones on this entire website to back him up bro

almostjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post
There are a few defensemen in the league i'd take over Karlsson. The guy is good no doubt but his physical game is non existent.

People will call me insane but i include our own PK Subban in this. Karlsson will probably get you more points but the things PK bring that EK doesn't , like a solid physical game, are enough to offset the difference imho.
I feel pretty strongly about PK being at least equal to EK.

-Karlsson's superior point scoring at ES doesn't really seem to translate into his team being better at scoring ES goals by a much higher rate. Subban's presence leads to a massive increase in how good the Habs are at scoring goals even if his point scoring rate isn't much better than other Habs defensemen. His impact tends to be more indirect than points, he ensures the Habs forwards are getting way more opportunities to attack by pushing the play forward, keeping it in the offensive zone and supporting the attack.

-Subban is massively more effective at preventing shots and goals against in a role with heavier defensive responsibilities. Subban's effective defensive impact is one of the best in the league's, Karlsson's is negligible. Karlsson looks like he could defend better than the average D, but would rather focus on scoring more.

Honestly though, I think the best D in the division is still Chara.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I feel pretty strongly about PK being at least equal to EK.

-Karlsson's superior point scoring at ES doesn't really seem to translate into his team being better at scoring ES goals by a much higher rate. Subban's presence leads to a massive increase in how good the Habs are at scoring goals even if his point scoring rate isn't much better than other Habs defensemen. His impact tends to be more indirect than points, he ensures the Habs forwards are getting way more opportunities to attack by pushing the play forward, keeping it in the offensive zone and supporting the attack.

-Subban is massively more effective at preventing shots and goals against in a role with heavier defensive responsibilities. Subban's effective defensive impact is one of the best in the league's, Karlsson's is negligible. Karlsson looks like he could defend better than the average D, but would rather focus on scoring more.

Honestly though, I think the best D in the division is still Chara.
Subban also didn't get the ice time that Karlsson got (28-30+ min a game vs Subban playing 20-23 min] until now.

Old
05-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post

I would take pk Any day of the week he leaps and bounds ahead defensively ( karlson a defense is literally non existent) and sunbeams offensive game is incredible even if it wouldn't be as good as karlsons(it will be) karlsons lack of defensive game makes him a liability even when not comparing him to subban. Pk>karlson ainec

Habs88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:04 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostjesus View Post
I think you and I were the only ones on this entire website to back him up bro
Don't know about that.

After the Huskins hit, most people say it was made with good intention, but it went wrong, but that it was a suspension.

We didn't all give up on him, it's that he was running out of chances. Everyone likes Ryan White, but just like Price has been blamed for certain losses (and fairly), White's Buffalo game thing really set the stage for a string of bad plays by him. Nobody hated him or anything, just wanted him to make better decisions and I think we're more impressed with MT for showing that he knows that a valuable player like that needs to be given one more chance (even if it's his 4th) to make that very important difference.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I would take pk Any day of the week he leaps and bounds ahead defensively ( karlson a defense is literally non existent) and sunbeams offensive game is incredible even if it wouldn't be as good as karlsons(it will be) karlsons lack of defensive game makes him a liability even when not comparing him to subban. Pk>karlson ainec
Not true , Karlsson although not overly physical , has a very long reach and very smart defensive insticts (sure he can make mistakes but so does everyone else) , he uses his reach to poke the puck and he skates very quickly (not as explosive as subban but very effortless gliding) to keep up with even the fastest skaters (think Lidstrom style defensive ability). Subban is more of an offensive dynamo(speed/dangles/offensive vision) meets a bull on steroids (strength/checking). They are both great players and have their own style of play to help their team succeed.